[Q] QPST & MiFlash Issue on Lenovo K910

Search This thread

Crowds

Jun 9, 2008
Azeitão
nivelcosmeticos.com
OnePlus 3
Ok.

If you're having problems regarding how quick COM/USB port changes, please read my solution on post 4

Story.
I bought this phone last week and he came with android 4.2.2
After 2 hours i was able to get the 4.4.2 rooted but then...
...i just installed s.th that i can´t remember that cracks my boot.img

The this is that 4.2.2 version had the bootloader cracked but the 4.4.2 hasn't. That means i can't push anything to solve my .img issue.

After a few searches i reach to htcmania witch they have 2 possible solutions for my problem. Here's the 1st and here's the 2nd.

Now.
After i spend to much time trying to install the drivers correctly (initially without success) my phone just died. I lost Lenovo logo and ended up with just a red light blinking. Witch i though...F&%K!!!

If there's anyone who ended up like me, here's the solution for a pseudo-dead-phone:
  1. remove your battery disconecting the cable inside the phone
  2. plug the phone into a PC through a usb cable
  3. insert your battery back
  4. voilá. phone back alive

Now that i was able to get lenovo logo back again...

... i need your help (Lenovo K910 fans or someone with a great idea :D )to understand something that's has been cracking my head.
How the hell should i put this in download mode?!

I mean. Each time i plug the usb cable into PC with the volume up pressed, the device manager was able to reach Lenovo_blabla_2008 (witch seams to be the correct port so that my phone communicate with PC) but after a brief moment it changes to lenovo_composite_adb_interface (and this one doesn't work).

Now the question itself:
When should i press and where to stop that happening?! Because when i start the phone with those keys combination the phone restarts twice and not just one.

Here is a picture with my phone in download mode.
I quickly press the download button but then the just just restarts and i loose the download mode :(
ibmLhmiaMkI7I5.png

GRRRRR!!!!!!

Thanks

Last edited:

Crowds

Jun 9, 2008
Azeitão
nivelcosmeticos.com
OnePlus 3
Solution and new problem

Well...
...after all these days without any success, today i must awake with a lamp over my head :D

Question: If our/mine problem regarding COM/USB port is the quickness that it changes to USB how can we slow it down?!
Answer: Plug an USB extension (big) between phone and PC and...voilá ;)

Simple, isn't it?

Now i got another problem :D :D :D

Probably i made some mistake between step 7th & 8th on QPST tip for our K910 on HTCMania (you may use google translator to translate from spanish into your language, but english work better) and i ended with a complete black screen that doesn't respond to power button, no red light even if i unplug battery cable inside K910. :(

Any sugestion?!

Thanks ;)

Last edited:

Crowds

Jun 9, 2008
Azeitão
nivelcosmeticos.com
OnePlus 3
Here is a pic.

As you can see, device manager sees my port as QDLoader 9008 and it stays there.
QPST Configurator sees my port COM11 but doesn't recognize phone
and eMMC Software doens't connect on DW mode and it gives me that error

iucSe3tbKkEvB.png

hadi-dvb

Jul 19, 2014
check this maybe usefull
Code:
http ://lefenbbs.lenovo.c om/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=179762&extra=page%3D1

gekkorist

Aug 10, 2014
@Crowds,

have you a blue LED then you press VolUP and plug in the USB cable?

I had no LED, nothing, no Red, no blue.

Here i get 2 PM's from Editl, he has tried me to help, without sucess.

Here i share:
Hi,

I do not want to intruding, but I saw that you have similar problem as I had. I still cannot post on Lenovo thread as I do not have 10 posts on xda.

Your message:
“Hello, now my phone Stuck on Lenovo logo and locked bootloader, too.

had 1431_-dev on it witch unlocked bootloader and recovery from 4pda (VIBEUI_V2.0_1431_6_DEV_K910_NK_W_66FC_RR) on it
Today i flash Recovery TWRP 2.7.1.2 on it, with success... all fine.

Boot in recovery and wipe all data to install 1433_4_ST_k910_246M" from the bbs forum on it.Vol + and -

after flash i clear Cache data again.. twrp reboot and now i stuck on lenovo logo and cant acces anything,fastboot says locked.

what can i do now?

Boot with Vol+- dont work and twrp boot wont work”

Possible resolution:

I had the same problem as you are just with different rom. I have flashed RUS_VIBEUI_V2.0_1433_4_ST_K910_WC97_RR with TWRP 2.7.1.2 using standard SDfuse method. After that I wanted to flash another rom. I have entered TWRP with boot to recovery option and wipe the system, dalvik and system cache.

Tried to flash new rom over sideload option build in the TWRP but phone returned bad checksums. Immediately after, I have rebooted phone and stuck onto Lenovo screen.

Boot with Vol- and power did work and twrp boot did not work either, tried so many times. I finally find on some forum that TWRP 2.7.1.2 have a bug and that if you want to enter TWRP 2.7.1.2 you need to hook your usb cable into the phone and then hold Vol +, Vol – and power together and then to plug usb cable to computer usb port then TWRP recovery will show up.

I have succeeded after few tries on one laptop with Win8.1 pro 64bit. One odd thing is that on that Laptop I had a Lenovo drivers installed but those drivers did not recognise phone that had just TWRP 2.7.1.2 recovery even if I had use that laptop for so many time to flash the phone over adb using SDfuse method.

On the end I used another laptop with Win7 HP 64bit with installed generic adb drivers to recognise phone with just TWRP 2.7.1.2 and pushed rom thru sideload and finally I revive my phone back to original state.

I am hoping that you can revive yours as well.

If you find this solution fix your problem, please post the link on xda.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkorist
Hello, thanks for your message... But dont work ((( reboot after few seconds, test in 3 different Workstations with XP, 7 and vista...
I have find similar procedure on one forum. Give a try, you do not have anything to lose.

"LED bootloop is it with blank screen and blue light LED? can't boot OS and can't go into recovery.
last time i once stuck in these condition. after some trial and error manage to go into fastboot by shut down the phone (hold power button for more than 10 seconds) and then hold vol + & - then connect cable to computer (or is it vol - only)

somehow i've experienced this kind of brick few month ago. my solution was:
1. turn off the phone using the PWR + VOL UP method.
2. press both Vol UP/DOWN while the phone still turned off and plug in the usb into the computer
3. you will feel the vibration.
4. while in computer it should detect and the phone will be in fastboot mode.
5. run adb command to either load the cwm or etc
i forgot what step i choosed that time but somehow i managed to flash back the system and revive the phone."

By the way, do you have or know where to download international rom VIBEROM_V1.0_1407_2_ST_K910 ?

Thanks. Cheers.

Now i search a support Center in China

Crowds

Jun 9, 2008
Azeitão
nivelcosmeticos.com
OnePlus 3
@Crowds,

have you a blue LED then you press VolUP and plug in the USB cable?

I had no LED, nothing, no Red, no blue.

Here i get 2 PM's from Editl, he has tried me to help, without sucess.

Here i share:

Now i search a support Center in China

Hi @gekkorist ;)

First of all thank you for your feedback :good: bad that one didn't came sooner :laugh:

I don't know if you're suffering exactly as i.
Like you, i don't have red, blue, yellow, orange, gfreen :laugh: plus...NO LOGO since my last step as explained on 4th post.

If you're stuck like i was (no leds but with lenovo logo) follow this BUT plug your phone with an USB extension like i've mentioned in 4th post. I´m pretty sure with this trick this will work on any PC despite OS used.

Regarding the solutions presented by @EdiTL both cases won't work cause this time i can't even turn on (?) my phone. This is very strange since if i plug in the usb cable pc recognizes that something is plugged but can't detect on QPST despite device manager recognizes COM port as QDLoader 9008:confused::confused::confused:

gekkorist

Aug 10, 2014
now i try with a 5 meter cable, same issue with short detect in 9008 and go after 2 seconds back to adb. no chance with qpst.

ekkilm

Mar 25, 2014
www.teamsuperluminal.org
I got exacly same as you had... How the hek you got it succesfull???? I´v tryed your instructions so many times and nothing :((( With XP x32 and Win7x64... But I don´t have win8 as you had... :S

Crowds

Jun 9, 2008
Azeitão
nivelcosmeticos.com
OnePlus 3
I got exacly same as you had... How the hek you got it succesfull???? I´v tryed your instructions so many times and nothing :((( With XP x32 and Win7x64... But I don´t have win8 as you had... :S
I'm convinced that WIN8 had nothing to do with it.
Everyone that i've talked to when i had my problema told me to put Win98 32 bits and i've managed with Win8 64 bits so...
Check my signature and follow everything without execption.
Like i wrote there it tool me 1 entire month!!!
...and unfortunately there's no other way, except...back to Lenovo and pay

ekkilm

Mar 25, 2014
www.teamsuperluminal.org
I'm convinced that WIN8 had nothing to do with it.
Everyone that i've talked to when i had my problema told me to put Win98 32 bits and i've managed with Win8 64 bits so...
Check my signature and follow everything without execption.
Like i wrote there it tool me 1 entire month!!!
...and unfortunately there's no other way, except...back to Lenovo and pay

So what I read your sadly history., your phone dosent regodnize it ether with battery? Did you get it succesful with or without battery? Cause I read HTCmania it is possible have succes without battery, is it true? In my case it has to be driver issue or driver signatures.... I downloaded win 8 x32 and will try it tomorrow without battery. Cause I quess my battery is empty. I regodnize that when I plug the microusb to the phone a little bit, the red light shows and I quess it will charge it a bit (~5min) and after that I plug the phone to the pc it shows qualcomm QDLodaer port not usb device. But It will discharge pretty fast and then pc regodnizes it as USBdevice. So what is my question is, Is it possible make that process without battery? :) Thank you, I really aprechiate your help.
P.s. Sorry my bad language, and one thing is sure. I wont send phone back in china. :) I´ll fight on my last day with this thing :D

Crowds

Jun 9, 2008
Azeitão
nivelcosmeticos.com
OnePlus 3
So what I read your sadly history., your phone dosent regodnize it ether with battery? Did you get it succesful with or without battery? Cause I read HTCmania it is possible have succes without battery, is it true? In my case it has to be driver issue or driver signatures.... I downloaded win 8 x32 and will try it tomorrow without battery. Cause I quess my battery is empty. I regodnize that when I plug the microusb to the phone a little bit, the red light shows and I quess it will charge it a bit (~5min) and after that I plug the phone to the pc it shows qualcomm QDLodaer port not usb device. But It will discharge pretty fast and then pc regodnizes it as USBdevice. So what is my question is, Is it possible make that process without battery? :) Thank you, I really aprechiate your help.
P.s. Sorry my bad language, and one thing is sure. I wont send phone back in china. :) I´ll fight on my last day with this thing :D
Be sure that you install the correct drivers for COM port accordly to your OS.
And yes. I played so many times with my phone trying to get back alive that I ended with an empty battery (post #6 on my thread). By that time I had to remove the battery till all process is completed and restart the phone.
Like I said it took me 1 month until I was able to do with and like you one thing was sure...I won't send it back either :D

Good luck...you gonna need it :D

ekkilm

Mar 25, 2014
www.teamsuperluminal.org
Be sure that you install the correct drivers for COM port accordly to your OS.
And yes. I played so many times with my phone trying to get back alive that I ended with an empty battery (post #6 on my thread). By that time I had to remove the battery till all process is completed and restart the phone.
Like I said it took me 1 month until I was able to do with and like you one thing was sure...I won't send it back either :D

Good luck...you gonna need it :D

That your story gives me so much hope and that spark to not give up. Like I told you earlier, if I some miracle get that phone back in business I'll bye you a BEER! :D

ekkilm

Mar 25, 2014
www.teamsuperluminal.org
Ok.

If you're having problems regarding how quick COM/USB port changes, please read my solution on post 4

Story.
I bought this phone last week and he came with android 4.2.2
After 2 hours i was able to get the 4.4.2 rooted but then...
...i just installed s.th that i can´t remember that cracks my boot.img

The this is that 4.2.2 version had the bootloader cracked but the 4.4.2 hasn't. That means i can't push anything to solve my .img issue.

After a few searches i reach to htcmania witch they have 2 possible solutions for my problem. Here's the 1st and here's the 2nd.

Now.
After i spend to much time trying to install the drivers correctly (initially without success) my phone just died. I lost Lenovo logo and ended up with just a red light blinking. Witch i though...F&%K!!!

If there's anyone who ended up like me, here's the solution for a pseudo-dead-phone:
  1. remove your battery disconecting the cable inside the phone
  2. plug the phone into a PC through a usb cable
  3. insert your battery back
  4. voilá. phone back alive

Now that i was able to get lenovo logo back again...

... i need your help (Lenovo K910 fans or someone with a great idea :D )to understand something that's has been cracking my head.
How the hell should i put this in download mode?!

I mean. Each time i plug the usb cable into PC with the volume up pressed, the device manager was able to reach Lenovo_blabla_2008 (witch seams to be the correct port so that my phone communicate with PC) but after a brief moment it changes to lenovo_composite_adb_interface (and this one doesn't work).

Now the question itself:
When should i press and where to stop that happening?! Because when i start the phone with those keys combination the phone restarts twice and not just one.

Here is a picture with my phone in download mode.
I quickly press the download button but then the just just restarts and i loose the download mode :(
ibmLhmiaMkI7I5.png

GRRRRR!!!!!!
Thanks
Hey. I did exacly what is in your instructions (recover k910) for prepare things . Can you explane why my device show as a port but in conf QPST it just hangs on half a way? Here is screen what I mean. And yes, I installed win 8. x64 :D but still that anoying broblem. This is why I ask this about you beacause your battery was also drained like mine. ( I plugged the phone to the pc battery unplugged.)

Tell me what was your magical touch secret. :D
mofnziaz9

Crowds

Jun 9, 2008
Azeitão
nivelcosmeticos.com
OnePlus 3
Hey. I did exacly what is in your instructions (recover k910) for prepare things . Can you explane why my device show as a port but in conf QPST it just hangs on half a way? Here is screen what I mean. And yes, I installed win 8. x64 :D but still that anoying broblem. This is why I ask this about you beacause your battery was also drained like mine. ( I plugged the phone to the pc battery unplugged.)

Tell me what was your magical touch secret. :D
mofnziaz9

That's one the of anoying problems you'll find like i.
U had to be quick enough in order that QPST won't losse COM connection.

Most probably your QPST in that "midle way" disconnects as COM wright?

Well...keep tryng...i did it for one month :D :D :D

ekkilm

Mar 25, 2014
www.teamsuperluminal.org
That's one the of anoying problems you'll find like i.
U had to be quick enough in order that QPST won't losse COM connection.

Most probably your QPST in that "midle way" disconnects as COM wright?

Well...keep tryng...i did it for one month :D :D :D
I did this. 1. (Disable signining) Installed QPST, reboot/(Disable signining). 2. Plugged phone to pc, got port/QHSUSB Bulk-> updated drivers win7x64 folder, reboot/(Disable signining). 3.Installed Lenovo drivers, (Disable signining). 5. Unpacked rom C:\bin/..6. Change the flash_local. 7. Open that Device manager and QPST config. AND THIS IS THE PART WHEN I SEE MY PHONE AS HALF A WAY PORT. It won´t dissapear there. It just connects and hangs on the half way, if i do the rest of instructions i got just emmc QPST hanging "download" and will search the device... aaaaand the result is "device not found"...
Actually, when I connect the phone to the computer it will only appear as in the picture and stays there. I do not have a big old USB cable. Do I need it for that purpose?