[Q] USB file transfer for AOKP M4

Search This thread

Dustin1980

Jan 16, 2011
Any one having problems with their pc recognizing thier fascinate after flashing AOKP?

I can charge but not get it to recognize the phone.
I have tried different cables and ports on the pc.
Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers.

Anyone have a good set of windows 7 drivers that work for AOKP ICS roms?

Stephen.k.spear

Jul 12, 2011
West Palm Beach
Any one having problems with their pc recognizing thier fascinate after flashing AOKP?

Are you using fascinate drivers? Try the galaxy nexus drivers.

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.

Reactions: Dustin1980

Dustin1980

Jan 16, 2011
Got a good working link to just the drivers and not the sdk? It would be much appreciated. Also thanks for your work on all the different roms...so nice to have the choice. I feel the best thing about android is choice!

Dustin1980

Jan 16, 2011
I down loaded the gnex drivers uninstalled the old ones restarted the pc and installed the new drivers.

Dustin1980

Jan 16, 2011
Nada.

I plug the phone in and I get nothing. It doesn't even pop up detecting device down by the notification area of windows... I tried toggling in glitch between mtp and usb mass storage.

I even uninstalled all the drivers, installed the android dev kit and tried that.

icemanwbs

Aug 25, 2011
Pennsylvania

This may sound silly, but happens to me a lot, try "jiggeling" cable were it plugs into phone. Seriously, sometimes its just not connecting. I gave this advice to many and it does work. No idea why.

sent from my ICY CNA !

neh4pres

Nov 22, 2010
Maybe not entirely related.. But i had pageonce locked to only work on my device. Have flashed hundreds of times with no issue. Until aokpm4. Pageonce servers kept nuking my credentials every time i restored data. Their support said my device id was changed and not showing as my phone anymore. Kinda weird

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

Dustin1980

Jan 16, 2011
I tried that. And other cables. two oem samsung and two third party cables. it charges fine no data... it's not a big deal right now but one bad flash and i wouldn't be able to odin

Stephen.k.spear

Jul 12, 2011
West Palm Beach
Try redownloading the ROM and wiping and reflashing. I can't help to much I run OSX and Ubuntu and they figure it out and download the necessary drivers automatically. Damn user friendly technology.

Dustin1980

Jan 16, 2011
Try redownloading the ROM and wiping and reflashing. I can't help to much I run OSX and Ubuntu and they figure it out and download the necessary drivers automatically. Damn user friendly technology.
I finally remembered that i have two laptops in the house and grabbed them and tried to get it hooked up to one of those...no dice. I'm thinking possibly something wrong with the data pins on the usb connector of my phone.

I'm paranoid about flashing anything because if something goes wrong I wouldn't be able to odin it and start over again...

I guess i just need to relax and enjoy the phone the way it is until may...then go buy something brand new and flash the hell out of that...

Thanks for all your help and work!

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
I finally remembered that i have two laptops in the house and grabbed them and tried to get it hooked up to one of those...no dice. I'm thinking possibly something wrong with the data pins on the usb connector of my phone.

I'm paranoid about flashing anything because if something goes wrong I wouldn't be able to odin it and start over again...

I guess i just need to relax and enjoy the phone the way it is until may...then go buy something brand new and flash the hell out of that...

Thanks for all your help and work!
have you tried cleaning the pins in the usb port on
the phone?

Dustin1980

Jan 16, 2011
have you tried cleaning the pins in the usb port on
the phone?
I had cleaned the pins with rubbing alcohol, a bit of felt and a toothpick (too small for a qtip) no dice.

Then yesterday evening i plugged into the computer to charge rather than walking to the other room to get my charger and i heard the Da dum of it recognizing my phone...it installed it and up pops the device...

I think my phone is like a crazy girlfriend...she is mean as hell to you all the time then when you get ready to dump her she decides to be nice and make you feel guilty you though about ditching her.

Stephen.k.spear

Jul 12, 2011
West Palm Beach
I had cleaned the pins with rubbing alcohol, a bit of felt and a toothpick (too small for a qtip) no dice.

Then yesterday evening i plugged into the computer to charge rather than walking to the other room to get my charger and i heard the Da dum of it recognizing my phone...it installed it and up pops the device...

I think my phone is like a crazy girlfriend...she is mean as hell to you all the time then when you get ready to dump her she decides to be nice and make you feel guilty you though about ditching her.

Sounds good

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Are you using fascinate drivers? Try the galaxy nexus drivers.

I down loaded the gnex drivers uninstalled the old ones restarted the pc and installed the new drivers.

And your result was?

This may sound silly, but happens to me a lot, try "jiggeling" cable were it plugs into phone. Seriously, sometimes its just not connecting. I gave this advice to many and it does work. No idea why.

sent from my ICY CNA !
    I tried that. And other cables. two oem samsung and two third party cables. it charges fine no data... it's not a big deal right now but one bad flash and i wouldn't be able to odin

Try navigating to the USB device in Device Manager and uninstalling the drivers. Then disconnect/reconnect it, sometimes this clears up issues.