RAZR i Root 2 (Jellybean 4.1.2)

Search This thread

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
Thanks! My phone actually is a Optimus L7, wich LG haven´t unlocked the bootloader, so I heard about recovery, custom recovery, Clockworkmod and other stuffs, but I have no clever idea of what are these tings (xda video was right, i´m a noob.. haha). Just a few more questions:

1- Fastboot is what we got after pressing the power button with Volume- button, right? It´s like a normal PC bios. How can I use this menu? Look like they are too small to touch, so something like Volume+ to Enter and Volume- to navigate in the options.
2- I need CWM to root, or can I use Fastboot?
3- To flash CWM (or root, if possible) in Fastboot I need to use the computer or I can flash the files in the SD card only using the cell phone?

1. Ye, it is the screen after pressing the power and volume buttons. U can only control it with the phones real buttons. The touchscreen doesnt work in that state. Fastboot is a part of the bootloader. The bootloader is like the PC Bios. Fastboot is the part that let us flash fastboot compatible files to the phone. like recoverys (cwm) or whole roms (in an system.img), but be carefull with it and only try the flashing methodes that work.

2. To root u need cwm. For this phone there is no way to get root without cwm. (But on firmware .32 u can without cwm)

3. To get cwm on your phone. The first thing is to unlock your bootloader by the official way. Than flash the cwm image. All is done with help off a pc. After u flashed cwm u can get root with using the sdcard and the recovery.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using XDA Premium HD app

WendelSchelhan

Dec 3, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
1. Ye, it is the screen after pressing the power and volume buttons. U can only control it with the phones real buttons. The touchscreen doesnt work in that state. Fastboot is a part of the bootloader. The bootloader is like the PC Bios. Fastboot is the part that let us flash fastboot compatible files to the phone. like recoverys (cwm) or whole roms (in an system.img), but be carefull with it and only try the flashing methodes that work.
Ok. So i must extract the cwm .img file on the SD card and then restart the phone on fastboot mode. I can´t see on the videos what´s the options avaiable and what should I select to install the cwm. I imagine that if I choose the correct option, the fastboot will detect the image file on the SD, so what should I do? (Sorry about it guys, I´m just antecipating things to buy the phone)

And.. What will happen when I´ve installed CWM? It will replace the fastboot screen?

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
Ok. So i must extract the cwm .img file on the SD card and then restart the phone on fastboot mode. I can´t see on the videos what´s the options avaiable and what should I select to install the cwm. I imagine that if I choose the correct option, the fastboot will detect the image file on the SD, so what should I do? (Sorry about it guys, I´m just antecipating things to buy the phone)

And.. What will happen when I´ve installed CWM? It will replace the fastboot screen?

No, you dont put the cwm.img that you downloaded on the sdcard. With a motorola phone you can only flash recoverys (cwm.img) by fastboot. It is not a htc phone.

First unlock your device. There is a great thread about that, that covers all the steps. When you have managed that you connect your phone with usb to your pc. Restart the phone in fastboot mode and flash from a commandprompt on your pc the cwm.img. Now put the root.zip (the zip file with the root files in it) on your sdcard and flash it through cwm.

The exact steps on how to do all those things can be found in the forums. I cant send the correct links from my tablet but u need those threads (dont know the names correctly):

1. Unlock the bootloader razr i
2. Cwm for razri
3. For ics the root.zip somewhere on this forum. If u are on jb than the razri2root.zip or something like that.

CWM wont replace fastboot. It replaces the recovery on your phone.

It is not a problem to ask all those questions, we help people where it is possible. But with a bit of own research on the razri forums u would know all those steps already ;) If it is your first android phone, do a little googling about fastboot, recoverys, bootloaders, roms and android offcourse. This is nessesary i think if u want to do more with your phone than the company lets you ;)

Do a little research and if u have some more questions, dont hesitate to ask them, even if they can be found quit easily :p

WendelSchelhan

Dec 3, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
No, you dont put the cwm.img that you downloaded on the sdcard. With a motorola phone you can only flash recoverys (cwm.img) by fastboot. It is not a htc phone.

First unlock your device. There is a great thread about that, that covers all the steps. When you have managed that you connect your phone with usb to your pc. Restart the phone in fastboot mode and flash from a commandprompt on your pc the cwm.img. Now put the root.zip (the zip file with the root files in it) on your sdcard and flash it through cwm.

The exact steps on how to do all those things can be found in the forums. I cant send the correct links from my tablet but u need those threads (dont know the names correctly):

2. Cwm for razri
3. For ics the root.zip somewhere on this forum. If u are on jb than the razri2root.zip or something like that.

It is not a problem to ask all those questions, we help people where it is possible. But with a bit of own research on the razri forums u would know all those steps already ;) If it is your first android phone, do a little googling about fastboot, recoverys, bootloaders, roms and android offcourse. This is nessesary i think if u want to do more with your phone than the company lets you ;)

Do a little research and if u have some more questions, dont hesitate to ask them, even if they can be found quit easily :p

Hey,

I tried to do some search on another threads and Google and Iooks like I´ve finally know exactly what do to. There´s really a bootloader unlock thread, and the procedure it´s really easy to do. Most of the questions were focused on install de CWM and after this root using them.
So, I saw this: http://www.android.gs/install-cwm-recovery-on-motorola-razr-i/ , and looking for CWM pictures, looks like when I select recovery on fastboot, I´ll found this: http://dottech.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/ClockworkMod.png , and I must select to Install the zip of the sdcard or something else, that I will transfer from the PC (the Root.zip file, or Root2, depends).

I wanna thank you guys for patience and helping. My phone it´s a LG p700, and doesn´t have bootloader unlocked (so, no CWM, Cyanogen, and all those things).. Because of this the most difficult thing I´ve done on a Android phone was flash a new firmware (and on the middle of the procedure replace system.img.ext4 of the AppData KDZ folder) to get it rooted..

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
Nice that you got it sorted out ;)

Hazou | Sent from my Intel® powered phone

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Then add it again ;)
Where can we find latest su and busybox binaries for x86 ?

Busybox you have to make your own static busybox binary for x86 android. That's in the first root so you can take it from there.

The latest x86 su binary for superuser is included in this already.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sultan70

Oct 14, 2008
SuperSU and Locale Execute Plugin

Hello!

I have the following problem with SuperSU: when the Locale Execute Plugin asks for root it automatically denies the request (in the settings the option prompt is set). If I change prompt to allow in the settings, then the Locale Execute plugin gets the root permission, but does not come onto the list of applications. So if I change back the setting to prompt it gets denied again.
With TitaniumBackup everything works fine. I got prompted for root access and after allow Titanium came onto the list of applications. How can I achieve this with the Locale Execute plugin?

Thanks,
Zoltan

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Hello!

I have the following problem with SuperSU: when the Locale Execute Plugin asks for root it automatically denies the request (in the settings the option prompt is set). If I change prompt to allow in the settings, then the Locale Execute plugin gets the root permission, but does not come onto the list of applications. So if I change back the setting to prompt it gets denied again.
With TitaniumBackup everything works fine. I got prompted for root access and after allow Titanium came onto the list of applications. How can I achieve this with the Locale Execute plugin?

Thanks,
Zoltan
Again, there is no x86 compatible version of SuperSu. You cannot use it on the RAZR i.

spartan-117-mc

Oct 13, 2012
Guadalajara
Busybox you have to make your own static busybox binary for x86 android. That's in the first root so you can take it from there.

The latest x86 su binary for superuser is included in this already.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

and install it in system/bin, not system/xbin or it doesnt work properly at least in build 91.2.26001.Retail.en.EU, you also need BusyBox Installer Pro to avoid headaches

diogo.sena

Apr 7, 2011
Repacked OpenSource Superuser from Koush

Repacked OpenSource Superuser from Koush

:)

Attachments

• superuser_x86_cwm.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 211
Reactions: danielgava

paulle

Nov 1, 2010
razriroot2.1.zip

@mattlgroff, downloaded your razriroot2.1.zip and rooted my phone (thanks worked fine). Superuser from koush was installed by razriroot 2.1.
Now superuser (koush) is also showing in playstore saying update. When i update root is gone. Don't know why. Is there something in your zip
only working with a certain version of superuser?

arman68

Sep 22, 2006
Last time I looked at it, koush superuser, both official flash able zip and apk from play store, fail to detect the phone as x86 and therefore installs the wrong su for arm instead. This is why it unroots.

Install the repackaged zip instead.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since the ICS root files fail to work on Jellybean, needed to work with new files to make it work. This is based off the open-source ChainsDD Superuser 3.2 (RC) x86 version, with an update-binary from the RAZR i to make sure it flashes.

On top of this, I added a live to remove /system/etc/install-recovery.sh. This is because whenever the phone booted, it removed CWM, and thats definitely not something we wanted it to do! So all is well. This file (RAZRiRoot2.zip) is included in the new Jellybean Vodafone (FR) Homemade fastboot of mine also. Its less automated for rooting since the boot.img method is weird with Windows drivers...

Anyway, here we go.

Requirement(s):
    Unlocked Bootloader on Jellybean

Download:
    http://batakang.com/ftp/RAZRi/RootUtility/RAZRiRoot2.zip

Instructions:
    Flash this in CWM to root any Jellybean RAZR i firmware.

2. Cwm for razri

Thanks! My phone actually is a Optimus L7, wich LG haven´t unlocked the bootloader, so I heard about recovery, custom recovery, Clockworkmod and other stuffs, but I have no clever idea of what are these tings (xda video was right, i´m a noob.. haha). Just a few more questions:

1- Fastboot is what we got after pressing the power button with Volume- button, right? It´s like a normal PC bios. How can I use this menu? Look like they are too small to touch, so something like Volume+ to Enter and Volume- to navigate in the options.
    2- I need CWM to root, or can I use Fastboot?
    3- To flash CWM (or root, if possible) in Fastboot I need to use the computer or I can flash the files in the SD card only using the cell phone?

2. To root u need cwm. For this phone there is no way to get root without cwm. (But on firmware .32 u can without cwm)

3. To get cwm on your phone. The first thing is to unlock your bootloader by the official way. Than flash the cwm image. All is done with help off a pc. After u flashed cwm u can get root with using the sdcard and the recovery.

Will it be possible to root JB without unlocking the bootloader someday? My device is brandnew and I don't want to lose warranty just for beeing able to remove some system apps.
    flash CWM + reroot

What adb commands did you use?

Sent from my XT890 using xda premium

I have used:
    from windows cmd, with USB debugging on

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery-razri-tryAtouch.img

fastboot.exe reboot-bootloader

selected recovery and installed the RAZRiRoot2.zip from external storage card.

now rebooted and my Jelly Bean is rooted and CWM remained the recovery :)