Letting this thread die -- too long -- use as reference only

Search This thread

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
I thought everyone might enjoy this little gem... The ICS Messaging app, inverted! I'm running it right now, and it looks pretty good (much nicer than the stock white). Just rename the current Mms.apk to Mms.bak, and install the new apk as you normally would. Enter the app, hit the menu button, go to settings, and scroll down to the "black background" option. I'm really glad I found this...enjoy guys! :D

Mms.apk Dropbox link: http://db.tt/ydFs0Jb2

All credit to unforgiven512. The original post can be found below. Be sure to follow the link and mash his Thanks button! :D

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19769280&postcount=1323

Droid 3 CM9 Alpha 2

Last edited:

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
I just had the weirdest thing happen. My 'a' key opened the calculator. Another key near that would open the browser. And I couldn't type. It was weirrddddd. But when I restarted it was gone :]

Sent from ICS Droid3 using xda premium

slayer621

Dec 12, 2011
I just had the weirdest thing happen. My 'a' key opened the calculator. Another key near that would open the browser. And I couldn't type. It was weirrddddd. But when I restarted it was gone :]

Sent from ICS Droid3 using xda premium

This isn't specific to this ROM, CM7 does this a lot as well. A reboot always solves it for me.

JasonOT

Nov 9, 2007
For those of you suffering from the internal SD/EMMC issue, and impatient for alpha 3, I found a fix for now:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12844337&postcount=5

You have something similar to:

# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1
dev_mount emmc /mnt/emmc 3 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host/mmc2

Just swap where it says emmc and sdcard, and rename the old "sdcard" portions to "sdcard-ext"

# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device
dev_mount sdcard-ext /mnt/sdcard-ext auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 3 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host/mmc2

I used ES to open the file, used the ES Note Editor to edit and save it.

Now your internal storage will show up at /sdcard and /mnt/sdcard like it should, and the external sdcard will show up at /mnt/sdcard-ext. Gallery app doesn't seem to want to look outside of /sdcard, not sure about any other apps. It's just a temp fix until Hashcode has alpha 3 up anyway.

bonesjones

Dec 9, 2009
Birmingham
it shows in your sig that you have a droid 3 running cm9 alpha 2. have had any luck flashing the kernel?
i have tried 2 of them cm7 kernel 023 ext 4 1.4 ghz and the GB kernel 023 ext 4 1.4 ghz there was no change they showed they flashed fine.

D3= locked bootloader = no flashing kernels.

All were able to do is flash cm9 using the gingerbread kernel. Which is why hashcodes job is so difficult, yet amazing results so far.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

oostah

Oct 15, 2010
Cullowhee
D3= locked bootloader = no flashing kernels.

All were able to do is flash cm9 using the gingerbread kernel. Which is why hashcodes job is so difficult, yet amazing results so far.

yes he is amazing. i can say that i have never been able to run 1.3hz from the kernel tweak for the droid 3. but after flasging some of them kernels i can run the 1.3 tweak so there must be some thing in the kernel that dose change some thing.

jorgonv

Sep 10, 2010
I found an early version of CMSettings.apk for ICS. It only has a couple of options right now (enable/disable notification widgets, back light settings)

Just flash in recovery

Attachments

• CMSettings.zip
    530.7 KB · Views: 18

bonesjones

Dec 9, 2009
Birmingham
yes he is amazing. i can say that i have never been able to run 1.3hz from the kernel tweak for the droid 3. but after flasging some of them kernels i can run the 1.3 tweak so there must be some thing in the kernel that dose change some thing.

The only ones I know about are temparory changes and are lost after reboot, you can do a start up script. But if I remember you lose the ability to auto throttle. So if you tweak to 1.3 ghz, then it stays at 1.3 and that'd be a battery disaster. Could be wrong but that's my understanding.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ALPHA #4 of CM9/ICS for Droid 3

DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD

An OMAP4 optimized build using CM9/AOSP sources. I used some of the published Moto Source from D3 and RAZR where I felt it was appropriate to get the low level services running.

Download Link Here

Changelog Here

For the most up-to-date information / builds check my blog:
    http://hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
    Or follow me on Twitter:
    http://www.twitter.com/hashcode0f

KNOWN ISSUES:

- Leaving Bluetooth on but not paired causes all audio to stop working on the phone. If you turn off Bluetooth then audio comes back.

Temporary Workarounds:

- For GSM/WCDMA users please enter *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer. Then goto "Phone Information". Near the bottom of that screen there's a drop down of network preference. For GSM-ONLY use GSM (PRL). Exit that screen and reboot the phone.

What is working in this build:

Fixed Data usage stats
    Removed useless FM radio apps
    SD Card change: internal = /sdcard, external = /sdcard-ext (just like Motorola setup)
    Facebook sync
    Voice search fixed
    Trebuchet as launcher (Nebkat rules)
    Many hard keyboard issues resolved (including B key! Thanks to Tezet)
    Bugfixes from Alpha #1
    Embedded GApps (for now)
    Larger default apns-conf.xml file for international use
    Embedded WirelessTether app
    3G Data
    Audio
    phone is connected to the network
    Wifi
    GPS
    Bluetooth
    SD Cards (needs testing again)
    HW Accelerated Graphics (RenderScript apps will have issues -- like Web Browser)
    Adbd

What isn't working:

Camera (in progress)
    Some Codecs (in progress)

Screenshots:
    droid3-ics-home.png
    droid3-ics-settings-phone.png
    Fix For Home Key!!!!!

guys i just figured out why button remapper wasnt working on the d3 and figured out how to fix it. just move the attached files into /system/usr/keylayout reboot and your home key will be fully functional!:)
    http://t.co/AScWERTj
    http://t.co/W2AW6vUT
    i also recommend backing up your current ones
    Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delays. Building times isn't really the issue. I probably do about 5-6 builds a night. And if I had to guess, I'd say about 30-40 GB for ICS files. I keep Gingerbread active as well for Safestrap builds and that's another good bit (20GB).

It's the right build to release that I'm looking for. Unlike Bionic which doesn't have the hard keyboard f'ing things up, I still have rotational issues and an MIA "B" key. I worked till 5am last night on the rotation, but it's a lot of digging through code and then testing different theories out.

I love that you guys are so excited to see advancements in the ICS build.

If I can't fix rotation or the B key issue tonight, I'll put a build out anyway.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App
    Tonight, I debugged the keyboard a bit, and fixed quite a few errors (including the HOME key). I couldn't get the "b" key working at all.

Its so weird. I see debug logs showing the button click, but it just doesn't want to print. I'm tracing code to see where it gets lost.

The hard keyboard will probably need even more tweaks in the future to support shift key state/alt key state and their related LEDs.

Right now you have to hold shift / alt down and hit the other key at the same time to see the alternate output.

Slightly related is the rotation issue: The hard keyboard is being recognized as an external attachment (like a bluetooth keyboard would be.) New to ICS is a device config file, and I'm setting one up for the keyboard to let the OS know that it's an internal keyboard, etc.

3G data is officially janky in ICS. It doesn't work quite the same way as GB, and I'm in the process of coming up with a fix for it. (I can tweak the phone to GSM and then back to CDMA and sometimes it comes up. But that's not a real solution.)

Audio is working in all capacities as the CM7 build (no docks working yet- need to decompile the APKs which support them). However, I noticed some memory allocation errors when streaming audio, etc. So I'm back to sorting out syslink/tiler mem issues, which *should* fix up all of the multimedia glitches.

Not sure if working audio alone warrants a new build.. what do you think?

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App
    In the OP I put up a quick build with 3G working (12/18). This is basically my debug build, because my son is sick and I'll have limited time for the rest of the day.

However, I expect to clean this up, and fix Market FCs tonight/tomorrow and put up the first Alpha build soon. That build should support network swapping for CDMA/GSM. But as always testing will be needed.

Once I upgrade to Alpha, I'll open up the tracker again for ICS/CM9 bugs.

Have fun.