Micro SD extension cable

Search This thread

jacobbones

May 12, 2011
Im installing my tablet in my cars dash,

Im trying to find a Micro sd card extension cable so that I can easily connect a memory card to the tablet without taking the whole dash apart.

The dash kit I bought came with a couple regular SD extension cables which do me no good. I have no luck searching for these cables online. All I can find are wholesalers and I dont need 1,000 of them.

Anyone know where to find one? Maybe they are called something different than micro sd extension cable or something.

kudosmog

Aug 2, 2010
Wow
the only SD extension cables I've seen have been really pricy. I've never seen micro SD extension cables.

I know this isn't what you're looking for, but the app Wifi filetransfer / wifi file explorer pro will at least let you transfer files to the card/tablet while it's installed.

Not perfect, but better then nothing.

KB112

Jan 13, 2010
East SF-Bay Area
As said above, Wifi File Explorer Pro works great. I use it on my phone often.

Sent from my HTC Flyer using XDA Premium App.

jacobbones

May 12, 2011
I ended up trying the "software data cable" app and it worked really well.

I had been using drop box for ebooks, apk's, music etc.. but larger files took way to long to upload, I had no idea there was better ways.

Thanks

killahrey

Aug 23, 2009
East Texas
wow good find. Im also going to install my view in my card. I dont need this for that though because I am going to make it removable, though that thing is pretty cool.

f34tdhdgd

Apr 2, 2010
Thanks for the link...gonna dashmount my old Sensation 4G as a media player (otherwise useless since T-Mobile changed their roaming policies). I'm ordering two...because I'll probably destroy the first one while trying to adapt it to let me use full-size SD cards as the media.

Top Liked Posts