[Q] Stuck in safe strap and can not find a rom or stock rom

Search This thread

joshmingus05

Oct 25, 2013
I went through the process of Rooting my phone with the towelroot process. Got superuser installed and running without tripping Knox.

Installed Busybox and Installed safestrap. Knox still not tripped. then backed up my stock rom on my internal drive.. I tried using the default sizes and

installing [ROM] FireNote Mj5 Deodex V14 on ROM 1 slot and then rebooted but it stayed at a black screen with just my blue LED lit up at the top of the

screen. let it set for ten mins like this and nothing happen. so i pulled the battery and booted back up, now im able to get back into safe strap but i can not

find any files of my back up or of the firenote mj5 to try to reinstall it.

Is there a way from here that i can try and put the stock rom back on and start over? like using odin or anything?

shane1981

Mar 11, 2014
millington
Ive had that same problem . You might have to download a rom to your external sd card and flash it in the stock slot cause the extra slots work sometimes and sometimes not . You can change from internal to external sd towords the top in safestrap and your roms might be there. But you need to find out if you were on kitkat or jb cause you cant mix them . Read the rom posts carefuly its very important . Forget the slots til your phone will boot to a rom.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

posersk8r

Feb 21, 2014
I went through the process of Rooting my phone with the towelroot process. Got superuser installed and running without tripping Knox.

Installed Busybox and Installed safestrap. Knox still not tripped. then backed up my stock rom on my internal drive.. I tried using the default sizes and

installing [ROM] FireNote Mj5 Deodex V14 on ROM 1 slot and then rebooted but it stayed at a black screen with just my blue LED lit up at the top of the

screen. let it set for ten mins like this and nothing happen. so i pulled the battery and booted back up, now im able to get back into safe strap but i can not

find any files of my back up or of the firenote mj5 to try to reinstall it.

Is there a way from here that i can try and put the stock rom back on and start over? like using odin or anything?
You flashed a jb rom on a kk bootloader= softbrick. Pick a kk rom next time and pls. Checkout the new ss for nc2 users it's ver. 3.75.

joshmingus05

Oct 25, 2013
Ive had that same problem . You might have to download a rom to your external sd card and flash it in the stock slot cause the extra slots work sometimes and sometimes not . You can change from internal to external sd towords the top in safestrap and your roms might be there. But you need to find out if you were on kitkat or jb cause you cant mix them . Read the rom posts carefuly its very important . Forget the slots til your phone will boot to a rom.

thank you, but how do i get the rom on the sd card. wont i have to format it when i mount it to my phone.

shane1981

Mar 11, 2014
millington
Just do a factory reset to the stock slot and then flash but if your trying to restore your factory rom then go where it says restore if you can find your backup if not then install a rom in the stock slot . Were you on kitkat or jb? You might have to get a computer to download a rom to a sd card from this forum if you didnt have one on there and i dont think you will have to format it the phone will read what its allowed to read by the system witch will be whatever rom you put on it . But if you installed the wrong safestrap and you were on official kk then i dont know how to fix it .you will have to wait till someone with more smarts than me can help you.

Last edited: