Sprint Samsung SPH-L900 (New Samsung Device - CONFIRMED as Galaxy Note 2!)

Search This thread

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Yes it will

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Glad they went that way. I was honestly concerned that by adding the QC discrete antenna that they were going to disable the standard one... this also suggests that the phones are becoming more and more standardized. I would think adding a discrete antenna to the existing board is a lot easier than a whole new board and associated support.

Hopefully this is a permanent shift in their thinking and future Samsung releases on CDMA will go down the same road. This very much puts me in the camp for this device - if I stay with Sprint or the MVNO.

chconser

Aug 29, 2010
Can anyone confirm if this will have a physical home button, like the S3, or if it uses a soft key? It looks in pictures to be sporting a physical button, but I haven't seen any confirmation one way or the other.

spridell

Aug 17, 2010
Can anyone confirm if this will have a physical home button, like the S3, or if it uses a soft key? It looks in pictures to be sporting a physical button, but I haven't seen any confirmation one way or the other.

Yeah it looks like Samsung will be doing the same thing they did with the S3. All the carriers will get EXACTLY the same phone worldwide.

chconser

Aug 29, 2010
Signs saying yes, one physical button.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Gahh, the soft home button is one thing I do like more about my S2 over my wife's S3. I don't care for the whole pushing-straight-in-on-the-bottom-quarter-of-the-device-until-it-responds thing. :rolleyes:
I suppose that's just one minor detail overshadowed by 100 other awesome features about this thing I could eventually get used to! :)

Jed Dignazio

May 15, 2008
Note 2 does seem to have the same hw across the board with the exception of adding the CDMA antenna. Maybe lesson learned from the past few years...?

Yes, the GN2 looks like similar specs across the board, but to say the GS3 did is way off. There were at least 3 variants of the GS3 like international quad core/1 GB rom, US dual core/2 GB rom, Korean quad core/2GB rom. So to say the were EXACTLY the same across the board was what I was referring to.

MarkEv0

Mar 7, 2011
Obviously the quad lte wasn't ready for the G3. I'm glad sprint did the right thing and picked up the GN2.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Jcossack88

Aug 8, 2012
Riverside
Would anyone trade the GALAXY Note II in for the Next Nexus if it had an A15 processor?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

spridell

Aug 17, 2010
Yes, the GN2 looks like similar specs across the board, but to say the GS3 did is way off. There were at least 3 variants of the GS3 like international quad core/1 GB rom, US dual core/2 GB rom, Korean quad core/2GB rom. So to say the were EXACTLY the same across the board was what I was referring to.

That is very true everything you said.

I guess we can say the exterior hardware is exactly the same across the board. Just like the Note II will be.

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org

Wasn't disagreeing... Think they're tired of so many different flavors to support. Costs $$$ after all.

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
International phone. Not world phone.

As mentioned.... The lte exynos is on board as confirmed by multiple sources already, and yes...Samsung has been quoted to be aiming towards the same exact device worldwide with limited differences between carriers, the only issue on previous releases has been limitations of the prior exynos

Also previously confirmed is the home button.

All we need now is a firm date. We already knew it would be out mid Oct to mid November....so that really isn't new info :(

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

someone0

May 5, 2010
interesting maybe it will have world phone functionality

"International Voice and Data capable with GSM/..."

Well, according to sextape's pix, there doesn't seem to be a sim slot. Either it's hidden somewhere else or it's hidden INSIDE, which would be sad:(

My Sprint SERO-P contract os ending in Nov, this seem like all the signs are pointing at this as my next phone. Perfect timing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was looking through some Samsung RDF's this morning and stumbled across a new unannounced phone!

For those that aren't familiar with an RDF they are the development and design specs for a given build on a phone. This one just happens to be for a phone that is not yet out or even announced! EDIT: I have now confirmed with a source of mine that this is in fact the RDF for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2! :D

Some of the cool things I found in the RDF?
    • Exynos4412 processor
    • 1280x720 resolution
    • Android 4.1.1!
    • Support for EVDO, DOrA, WiFi and LTE!
    • 2 GB RAM
    • 16 GB HDD (with expansion slot up to 32 GB)
    • 8 Megapixel camera
    • And more!

Honestly there's a ton of stuff in there and smarter minds than mine should be able to pull more out of it. This early in the RDF process I'm guessing that this is purely an engineering build and may not even be the final specs but still something to keep an eye out for!

Now for the fun stuff! FYI - The RDF is only viewable in Internet Explorer.
    http://device.sprintpcs.com/Samsung/SPH-L900/LI2.rdf

Enjoy!

EDIT: Garwynn has pointed out that the Galaxy Note 2 has specs that are identical to that of the RDF. Check out this article from DroidLife for pictures and info.

Video by QBking77: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzoJKJ4O3t0

Now we've got pictures of what appears to be a test model! Courtesy of our friend Sextape. :)
    As soon as we get our Sprint Note 2 forum, I will start a thread and show you guys how to get a phone at a upgrade or new line cost, without a ETF. Its kind-of tricking Sprints system and its been working for me for over 3 years and 5 phones later.
    Seems like a lifetime ago RW discovered this device would be unleashed onto the world. Now I hold this beast in my hand!!!

sigpic4585359_5.gif

-Team Nocturnal Like A Boss
    -Galaxy Note II Edition
    Glad they announced it today! Would love to get it when I have money, cause I have an idea ;) how about a ROM that all stock apps (maybe even 3rd party apps) support multiview?! When I can get my hands on one, I will work on it. But I know it can be done :)
    Oh wise and powerful Sextape. We are gathered here today to offer a sacrifice to you if you provide us with a release date. Your humble servants will await your response