[ROM][ICS][AOKP B38]SimplyAOKP 6 FINAL ~ ODEXED ~ 4.0.4 ~ DEVIL KERNEL ~ 6/08/2012

Search This thread

tallsilver

Dec 7, 2010
Conway, SC
Nice

My initial flash bombed out! Was on AOKP32, Semaphore 1.0, and TRusselo's 32 essentials. Did all the wipes and got all sort of assert errors and the flash failed. Flashed KI2 with odin and then reflashed and all is well. Only thing I did different from the OP was booting into recovery using ROM Tools instead of 3 button combo????????

Anyway, after reloading all my apps, etc, all is smooth and good. I OC'd to 1200 and it is snappy. Not any real difference from AOKP32 that I can tell but a very good ROM.

Thanks Dev!!:D

tkjeeper

Jan 24, 2011
My initial flash bombed out! Was on AOKP32, Semaphore 1.0, and TRusselo's 32 essentials. Did all the wipes and got all sort of assert errors and the flash failed. Flashed KI2 with odin and then reflashed and all is well. Only thing I did different from the OP was booting into recovery using ROM Tools instead of 3 button combo????????

Anyway, after reloading all my apps, etc, all is smooth and good. I OC'd to 1200 and it is snappy. Not any real difference from AOKP32 that I can tell but a very good ROM.

Thanks Dev!!:D

I find that you can't flash much while on Semaphore. I flashed to glitch first then flashed the rom.

Sent from the frozen tundra known as Canada from an ice cream sandwich powered captivate.

sa1yan

Jan 1, 2009
Texas
Yes - TRusselo's essential mod and Golfslicer buttercream theme.

You practically read my mind!

I wouldn't recommend flashing any addons to this mod, because this rom is odexed and most mods aren't. The next releae (hopefully today) will have all the mods you need, buttercream, TRusselo's essentials pack, sexy animations.. xD

Thank you everyone!

Reactions: gugman

jin5

Oct 29, 2008
slightly off topic,
but does this and other MTD roms for the captivate have intermittent data issues?

i have used mtd based roms on the samsung fascinate for verizon and that was always an issue.

thanks for any info!

sa1yan

Jan 1, 2009
Texas
slightly off topic,
but does this and other MTD roms for the captivate have intermittent data issues?

i have used mtd based roms on the samsung fascinate for verizon and that was always an issue.

thanks for any info!

As in where the phone has problems using data at random times? I've noticed little with this rom, only AT&T GB Roms have been excellent towards using data in terms of stability. All other roms seem to have a bit of trouble at random times when receiving data. We'll see.

tkjeeper

Jan 24, 2011
Ok so it seems 200 is the lowest I can go without crashing dialer on this ROM. A bit disappointing compared to the other I was using but I like it so I guess I can live with that for now . :D

I'm at 240, works fine for me.
Edit: reread your post, I was of no help. Lol.

Sent from the frozen tundra known as Canada from an ice cream sandwich powered captivate.

Last edited:

patrick8996

Dec 29, 2011
Oregon
You practically read my mind!

I wouldn't recommend flashing any addons to this mod, because this rom is odexed and most mods aren't. The next releae (hopefully today) will have all the mods you need, buttercream, TRusselo's essentials pack, sexy animations.. xD

Thank you everyone!

Perfect :D , Also someone should explain to me what Odexed means xD

And does anybody know how to properly configure my battery(Re-calibrate)

gugman

Jul 17, 2011
Tbilisi
Perfect :D , Also someone should explain to me what Odexed means xD

And does anybody know how to properly configure my battery(Re-calibrate)

ODEX

In Android file system, applications come in packages with the extension .apk. These application packages, or APKs contain certain .odex files whose supposed function is to save space. These ‘odex’ files are actually collections of parts of an application that are optimized before booting. Doing so speeds up the boot process, as it preloads part of an application. On the other hand, it also makes hacking those applications difficult because a part of the coding has already been extracted to another location before execution.

DEODEX

Deodexing is basically repackaging of these APKs in a certain way, such that they are reassembled into classes.dex files. By doing that, all pieces of an application package are put together back in one place, thus eliminating the worry of a modified APK conflicting with some separate odexed parts.

In summary, Deodexed ROMs (or APKs) have all their application packages put back together in one place, allowing for easy modification such as theming. Since no pieces of code are coming from any external location, custom ROMs or APKs are always deodexed to ensure integrity.

patrick8996

Dec 29, 2011
Oregon
ODEX

In Android file system, applications come in packages with the extension .apk. These application packages, or APKs contain certain .odex files whose supposed function is to save space. These ‘odex’ files are actually collections of parts of an application that are optimized before booting. Doing so speeds up the boot process, as it preloads part of an application. On the other hand, it also makes hacking those applications difficult because a part of the coding has already been extracted to another location before execution.

DEODEX

Deodexing is basically repackaging of these APKs in a certain way, such that they are reassembled into classes.dex files. By doing that, all pieces of an application package are put together back in one place, thus eliminating the worry of a modified APK conflicting with some separate odexed parts.

In summary, Deodexed ROMs (or APKs) have all their application packages put back together in one place, allowing for easy modification such as theming. Since no pieces of code are coming from any external location, custom ROMs or APKs are always deodexed to ensure integrity.

Thank you lol cleared things up for me :D

Also still How can I calibrate my battery lol 0.o

tallsilver

Dec 7, 2010
Conway, SC
Yea, I get weird status errors on Semaphore as well. Sometimes its better to flash to glitch first and then flash whatever you want from there...

Glitch big mem is pretty good anyways xD

Thanks! One other thing about this ROM.........volume is louder than the last few I tried. That's a good thing..........any idea as to why? Just curious. Liking this very much..........can't wait to get the themed versions!!

Thanks for your work.

tallsilver

Dec 7, 2010
Conway, SC
Screenshot

Sig pic as an attachment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-23-15-04-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-23-15-04-38.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 217

eddie85u

Mar 27, 2012
Bogotham
Sorry for the triple post, does anyone want a specific themed version? Like I'll release the next one when the Black theme is updated...

Hey can I bother you requesting some SS of the rom in general? I've been using DK3 and I love the dark black/blue theme on that rom plus I believe dark colors save a little bit of battery, but i've been having some trouble with random shut downs and many ppl have stated that trying different roms might solve the issue (i've tried keep captivate alive, increasing min freq to 200, disabling deep sleep through semaphore, using kernels like glitch.. all with no luck).

I'm looking forward to your next release :D

Thank you lol cleared things up for me :D

Also still How can I calibrate my battery lol 0.o

I always use this method:

http://www.chargeforums.com/forum/droid-charge-hacking-guides/1233-how-calibrate-your-battery.html

Reactions: gugman

sa1yan

Jan 1, 2009
Texas
Hey can I bother you requesting some SS of the rom in general? I've been using DK3 and I love the dark black/blue theme on that rom plus I believe dark colors save a little bit of battery, but i've been having some trouble with random shut downs and many ppl have stated that trying different roms might solve the issue (i've tried keep captivate alive, increasing min freq to 200, disabling deep sleep through semaphore, using kernels like glitch.. all with no luck).

I'm looking forward to your next release :D

I always use this method:

http://www.chargeforums.com/forum/droid-charge-hacking-guides/1233-how-calibrate-your-battery.html

A Google official posted that wiping battery stats and doing the weird battery calibration stuff is bogus. He said that android has battery calibration built in and that the more you use your phone, the more it gets calibrated. Just use it for like 2 days and you should be good to go..

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

Top Liked Posts