[Q] Help me with DL for galaxy s4g battery life

Search This thread

zamorph

Feb 24, 2012
Hey I visited this thread. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1236779
I want to increase my battery performance and the directions were as followed:
If you want to use this just copy the text paste in your own build.prop then reboot.

Where is my own build.prob? Can I get guide? thanks.

Plus any other battery saving tricks?
I have screen on lowest, non moving background, wifi and 4g turned off when not using, 15 sec screen...umm.. you get the picture :)

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
You should go look at a couple of the tweak threads in the dev section. Getting amazing battery life on VB and Lightning Zap.

Reactions: zamorph

zamorph

Feb 24, 2012
Would you be so kind as to find some of the threads for me or a faster way to find them rather than search through all the threads? Thanks

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Would you be so kind as to find some of the threads for me or a faster way to find them rather than search through all the threads? Thanks

Here is the FIRST thread you should read!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21954884

Here is the second thing you should read thoroughly!
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_4G

Here are the tweaks:
[TWEAK] Universal Adrenaline Shotv14-1 cache scroll tweak

{UPDATE 13FEB12 v4 FINAL}[TWEAK] Lightning Zap

[CWM][SCRIPTS][TWEAKS] ThunderBolt! v2.5.1

Custom ROM recommendations:

Valhalla - BlackEdition

[ROM] :D icbinb 2.3.7

AOSP Style 3.3.2 | [ROM][CWM]

If you follow the directions in the first link above... you flash the custom ROM's and tweaks the same way - in CWM.

Last edited:
Reactions: zamorph

|STRYKER|

Jan 12, 2012
I was getting 2-3 days with VB and Lightning Zap! On MIUI I'm getting around 20 hours.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

zamorph

Feb 24, 2012
Btw, I rooted my phone and I want to update to gingerbread... can I do this?
Also, thanks lumin! :)

Last edited:

zamorph

Feb 24, 2012
I got the phone 2 days ago, rooted yesterday because I needed more memory and I was deleting bloatware. Found this forum, deleted FOTA to get more memory... then found out I could go to GB

Ill wait for your link. Thank you so much!!!

Last edited:

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
You did...

Read above post as an quick informal how to.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Did i pick the right link? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1358498
Is heimdall one click an app I need to down load?

No the link I told you to use is an 'all-in-one' solution to upgrade your phone. Just READ! Very important to READ and follow the directions he provides in his post.

zamorph

Feb 24, 2012
trying to do step one, says device disconnected... Why? :(
Reading more...hmm..
I tried putting into DL mode and connecting, still says dc'ed.
Ill try restarting comp

Last edited:

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
trying to do step one, says device disconnected... Why? :(
Reading more...hmm..
I tried putting into DL mode and connecting, still says dc'ed.
Ill try restarting comp

Step 1: Get the latest version of Java 1.6 from this link or from your linux distribution.

So have you followed the link in step one and check whether you are up-to-date with Java? You need to do that before download mode or starting heimdall one-click.

zamorph

Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, I am going to try restarting comp because I just updated. Shrug restarts usually help.

zamorph

Feb 24, 2012
Well I think I did. It still says dc'ed but I went to help--install--error- instructions-- couldn't follow them because my comp cannot detect my device when in DL mode--- turned phone on, went to options--show all devices-- selected mine-- downloaded drivers-- dont see any difference.

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Well I think I did. It still says dc'ed but I went to help--install--error- instructions-- couldn't follow them because my comp cannot detect my device when in DL mode--- turned phone on, went to options--show all devices-- selected mine-- downloaded drivers-- dont see any difference.

How new are you to flashing? Are you sure you are in DL mode? How are you getting there? What does the screen look like?

Top Liked Posts