BlueBerry NetCat M-12 FirmWare Development

Search This thread

CyberianIce

Dear open developers community I managet to fully root BlueBerry NetCat M-12 Tablet PC (a.k.a rebranded Cube H30GT) using "remount" exploit, here is my contribute:

resourcesb.jpg

REQUIREMENTS:
* Android SDK with ADB (guess you have this, if not, main files are included in permaroot.zip attached below)
* RockChip RK3066 USB Driver (see attachments below)
* Root/UnRoot script (thanks to Bin4ry from this thread, see attachments below)
* Micro USB Cable to connect Tablet and Windows Desktop PC (Linux is unsupported for now due to manufacturer limited driver distribution)

WARNINGS
1. Using this tutorial will make firmware/software changes on your device(s) but I am not responsible for any damage it could cause.
2. Following steps below will probably VOID YOUR WARRANTY. Read carefully your reseller warranty terms and conditions, and make your decision. It is all up to you.
3. I am not obligated to respond to future questions and/or support, it is my time and good will. If you must, ask here in this thread, there is no need to send me private messages to me because i wont read them at all.
4. You will spot that i dont recommend making any nand backups in this howto - is because I am not aware of any working method for backup M-12. I onlu can imagine dumping whole partition images to your EXTERNAL_SD and flashing back through bootloader but I did not tested that for now.

#GET ROOT

STEP-BY-STEP HOWTO
1. On your tablet PC go Settings -> Developer Options -> Turn on USB Debugging

2. Now You need to manage your Android Debug Bridge recognize your Tablet PC. You can check if it already works by typing this command in command prompt (in ADB folder, or wherever if you extracted adb into windows/system32)
Code:
adb devices

devices.jpg

It should give you list of attached devices (something like this: 0123456789ABCDEF device) you should recognize your device if is connected. From my experiences it wont work the way manufacturer described, therefore you need to install patched RK3066 SoC driver you downloaded (this post below). To do so you must right click on My Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager, find your Unknown Device and install driver manually by selecting search folder manually, where you extracted RK3066_ADB_PATCHED.rar content respectively to your OS version (use correct 32-bit or 64-bit driver). Reboot your PC, go to device manager to check if Android Debug Bridge is there:
devicemngr.jpg

And You can repeat "adb devices" once again in adb to verify:
devices.jpg

3. Now is time to obtain temporary root. To do so, simply navigate command prompt to wherever You extracted adb.exe and type following command:

Code:
adb remount

remount.jpg

It uses common JB exploit, which exists in BlueBerry NetCat M-12, alowing you to get temporary root access via ADB shell until next reboot. You can stop at this point and push any system file You want (ie /system/etc/hosts) and set permissions. But if you want permanently rooted device, you need to push SuperSU.apk, su, busybox,... manually via adb before next reboot. Lucky for you, there is a script (permaroot.zip thanks to Bin4ry) which can do it all automatic with just few clicks. Download it from attachment below, extract somewhere on your hard drive run permaroot.bat and have fun.

Comming soon...
++ Flashing through Bootloader (via RockChip Batch Tools) HowTo ++
++ Illustrated Hardware disassembly guide ++
++ There is one custom ROM ported for another device and tested by me, which works in M-12 like a charm. It is purified JB ROM, rooted and without bloatware. I will post it ASAP ++
++ If i be able to obtain original Blueberry firmware dump, i will make CWM Touch based recovery image. Any interested owner of original BlueBerry NetCat should supply me with F/W dump, so if you are one, PM me please ++
++ If I be able to make Cube CWM Touch recovery work I will share (I managed to extract and install it from supersport900 ROM but it wont mount partitions for some reason) ++

Attachments

• PermaRoot.rar
    3.6 MB · Views: 921
Last edited:
Reactions: Lilith

CyberianIce

BlueBerry NetCat M-12 Disassembly Guide

+++ BlueBerry NetCat M-12 HardWare Assembly +++

Tools needed:
1 x 1mm Torx Screwdriver (pictured below)
2 x sharp plastic departer for simultaneous two-side gently disassembling plastic parts (any Credit Card or guitar pick will do)
ux_a11012400ux0022_ux_c.jpg

Step-by-Step Guide for servicing (H/W repairs, forced bootloader, etc) your BlueBerry NetCat M-12:
* Torx screws are located along port side, noted the difference on Torx and Cross screw types between some devices - Picture 5
* Some BlueBerry NetCats M-12 dont have left speaker - Pictures 20, 25 and 26
* BlueBerry NetCat M-12 has different stamp (OEM Logo) on backside - Picture 14
** Note LED and short circuit testpoint locations for forced bootloader mode which will be described later in more details - Pictures 25-32

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Picture 3:

Picture 4:

Picture 5:

Picture 6:

Picture 7:

Picture 8:

Picture 9:

Picture 10:

Picture 11:

Picture 12:

Picture 13:

Picture 14:

Picture 15:

Picture 16:

Picture 17:

Picture 18:

Picture 19:

Picture 20:

Picture 21:

Picture 22:

Picture 23:

Picture 24:

Picture 25:

Picture 26:

Picture 27:

Picture 28:

Picture 29:

Picture 30:

Picture 31:

Picture 32:

Picture 33:

There is a PDF with all images in attached archive.

Attachments

• BlueBerry_NetCat_M-12_Assembly.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 350
Reactions: zeljkobo12

CyberianIce

+++ClockWorkMod based recovery image for BlueBerry NetCat M-12+++

CWM Touch 6.0.2.7 (Thanks to Typhoon.X)
CWM Touch is Direct-Touch-Input CWM Recovery image: you can use touch gestures to navigate through menus, but I still prefer old-fashioned way of navigating through menus by using Volume +/- for <UP> and <DOWN>, and Power button as <CONFIRM> which is also available on our devices.

WARNINGS
1. Using this tutorial will make firmware/software changes on your device(s) but I am not responsible for any damage it could cause.
2. Following steps below will probably VOID YOUR WARRANTY. Read carefully your reseller warranty terms and conditions, and make your decision. It is all up to you.
3. I am not obligated to respond to future questions and/or support, it is my time and good will. If you must, ask here in this thread, there is no need to send me private messages to me because i wont read them at all.
4. You are welcome to make backup(s) before make any change to your device; You can export partition(s) dump or make nandroid backup via CWM based recovery image if you have it allrady installed.

Install:
1. Make sure you have installed RK3066 drivers;
2. Download ClockWorkMod.zip, extract, run RKAndroidTool.exe.
3. Reboot your BlueBerry NetCat M-12 in Flash Mode (turn on device by holding Volume- and Power Button or push "Reboot to Flash Mode" button in RKTool)
4. Push "Flash ROM" button like on image below (all settings are stored in config.cfg so You dont need to change anything):
24287632.jpg

After procedure is finished (cca 15 seconds), device will be automatically rebooted into CWM Recovery, so it's highly recommended making first nandroid backup.

Usage:
If your device is rooted, you can reboot your device into CWM recovery by typing following commands in terminal emulator:
Code:
su
reboot recovery
Or by using any 3rd party rebooting widget/app, which allows rebooting into recovery.

However, if your device is not-rooted, you can reboot into CWM recovery by typing following commands which exploit temporary root access via Android Debug Bridge (adb.exe on your PC, drivers must be installed):
Code:
adb.exe reboot recovery

or

Code:
adb remount
adb shell
su
reboot recovery

Download CWM Touch based recovery image from Google Drive: ClockWorkMod or attachment below.

Be aware that bootsplash will be changed as you need to replace misc.img, so dont panic if you see Cube logo instead of NetCat.

Attachments

• ClockWorkMod.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 576
Last edited:

Lilith

Hey, CyberianIce, thank you for your contribution for this device, since it's really hard to find anything verified out there, and xda is alwas the safest choice.
I wanted to ask you if you could share the info, or link maybe, to that ported ROM you tested on Blueberry, since I don't wont to brick my device by trying an untested ROM.
Thanks in advance! :)

davidguate

Oct 12, 2009
Hi, i wonder how to make a hard reset on this devices, i have tried the normal way, volume(-)(+) + power but nothing is working. Can someone help me? Thanks!!

CyberianIce

So far I found this Firmware image working best on NetCat M-12: http://www.rockchipfirmware.com/sites/default/files/cube_u30gt-h_V1.11_TNT_R1.zip

For Flashing use this tool: http://www.rockchipfirmware.com/sites/default/files/RKBatchTool1.5en.zip

(Credits: http://www.rockchipfirmware.com/)

It is great because you can flash it vie Rockchip Batch Tool which means its very useful for debricking. It is 4.1.1 from Cube U30GT-H with all this tweaks:

Brief Description:
-Rooted
-Based on stock rom (2012.12.28)
-App partition is Larger
-Build.prop mod based on SGS II SGH-i777 for improved market
-Added Permission Files for improved market
-Removed Chinese Apps
-framework.jar mod for better gameloft compatibility (Asphalt 7 should now work)
-Added SuperSu, gallery with picasa support, ESfile Explorer, english dictionary fix
-Simplified and pretty boot animation
-Changed Annoying Keyboard Key-press sounds... now they are less annoying (based off Cyanogen sounds)
-Default Background should be changed
-Changed "browser" start page to our Google paid search. Use it (free to use for you) to search the web and you will be helping to support us as we release more free firmware. Can easily change this if you want.

Afterwards one can flash CWM based recovery image following tutorial from this post

CyberianIce

[ROM][RK3066][U30GT-H]BlueBerry NetCat M12

image.jpg

• Based on latest original Cube U30GT-H ROM debranded from BlueBerry NetCat M12
  • Tested on many CUBE U30GT-H devices
  • Debloated
  • Removed China
  • Custom tuned Kernel for optimum performance and stability (up to 15k points in AnTuTu Benchmark)
  • Increased /data partition size to 2GB instead of 1GB (reduced internal sdcard partition to 12.5GB instead of 13.5GB)
  • NetCat BootSplash
  • Custom android bootanimation.zip
  • Fully working CWM Recovery 6.0.2.7

HOWTO:
1. Shut down your tablet and start it by holding down Volume + button and insert USB Cable with PC. RK Device will apear, if you have no drivers you can find them in archive.
2. Navigate to RKDevelopTool_v1.35 folder and run RKAndroidTool.exe
3. Click Erase IDB and wait for finish
4. Click Run and wait for finish
5. After procedure is complete, if your tablet don't start automatically in CWM, remove USB and shut down tablet by holding POWER button for 8 seconds (you will hear silent *click* sound from tablet as signal it's off). Now download CWM Base from this XDA post put tablet in download mode (VOL+ and USB CABLE) and flash this recovery (run RKAndroidTool.exe, push Flash ROM button). It is very same recovery from this ROM, but after this flashing is finished, tablet will boot into CWM automatically on it's own.
6. Now install ZIP files from after_install folder via CWM recovery. Format NAND is required if you first time using 2GB Data mod, and int2ext is required for some devices which reported switch between internal and external SD card. You must use an external SD Card for flashing ZIPs and search for files in both internal and external sd card in CWM as you still dont know how CMW see your SD card.
7. Reboot System. All done!

DOWNLOAD

Note: If you are used increase /data to 2GB MOD before, you can just install this firmware via RKAndroidTool. If your /data partition was 1GB before, you may need to install patches from folder after_install via CWM recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    +++ClockWorkMod based recovery image for BlueBerry NetCat M-12+++

CWM Touch 6.0.2.7 (Thanks to Typhoon.X)
    CWM Touch is Direct-Touch-Input CWM Recovery image: you can use touch gestures to navigate through menus, but I still prefer old-fashioned way of navigating through menus by using Volume +/- for <UP> and <DOWN>, and Power button as <CONFIRM> which is also available on our devices.

WARNINGS
    4. You are welcome to make backup(s) before make any change to your device; You can export partition(s) dump or make nandroid backup via CWM based recovery image if you have it allrady installed.

Install:
    1. Make sure you have installed RK3066 drivers;
    2. Download ClockWorkMod.zip, extract, run RKAndroidTool.exe.
    3. Reboot your BlueBerry NetCat M-12 in Flash Mode (turn on device by holding Volume- and Power Button or push "Reboot to Flash Mode" button in RKTool)
    4. Push "Flash ROM" button like on image below (all settings are stored in config.cfg so You dont need to change anything):
    24287632.jpg

After procedure is finished (cca 15 seconds), device will be automatically rebooted into CWM Recovery, so it's highly recommended making first nandroid backup.

Usage:
    If your device is rooted, you can reboot your device into CWM recovery by typing following commands in terminal emulator:
    Code:
    su
    reboot recovery
    Or by using any 3rd party rebooting widget/app, which allows rebooting into recovery.

However, if your device is not-rooted, you can reboot into CWM recovery by typing following commands which exploit temporary root access via Android Debug Bridge (adb.exe on your PC, drivers must be installed):
    Code:
    adb.exe reboot recovery

or

Code:
    adb remount
    adb shell
    su
    reboot recovery

Download CWM Touch based recovery image from Google Drive: ClockWorkMod or attachment below.

Be aware that bootsplash will be changed as you need to replace misc.img, so dont panic if you see Cube logo instead of NetCat.
    Dear open developers community I managet to fully root BlueBerry NetCat M-12 Tablet PC (a.k.a rebranded Cube H30GT) using "remount" exploit, here is my contribute:

resourcesb.jpg

REQUIREMENTS:
    * Android SDK with ADB (guess you have this, if not, main files are included in permaroot.zip attached below)
    * RockChip RK3066 USB Driver (see attachments below)
    * Root/UnRoot script (thanks to Bin4ry from this thread, see attachments below)
    * Micro USB Cable to connect Tablet and Windows Desktop PC (Linux is unsupported for now due to manufacturer limited driver distribution)

WARNINGS
    4. You will spot that i dont recommend making any nand backups in this howto - is because I am not aware of any working method for backup M-12. I onlu can imagine dumping whole partition images to your EXTERNAL_SD and flashing back through bootloader but I did not tested that for now.

#GET ROOT

STEP-BY-STEP HOWTO
    1. On your tablet PC go Settings -> Developer Options -> Turn on USB Debugging

2. Now You need to manage your Android Debug Bridge recognize your Tablet PC. You can check if it already works by typing this command in command prompt (in ADB folder, or wherever if you extracted adb into windows/system32)
    Code:
    adb devices

devices.jpg

It should give you list of attached devices (something like this: 0123456789ABCDEF device) you should recognize your device if is connected. From my experiences it wont work the way manufacturer described, therefore you need to install patched RK3066 SoC driver you downloaded (this post below). To do so you must right click on My Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager, find your Unknown Device and install driver manually by selecting search folder manually, where you extracted RK3066_ADB_PATCHED.rar content respectively to your OS version (use correct 32-bit or 64-bit driver). Reboot your PC, go to device manager to check if Android Debug Bridge is there:
    devicemngr.jpg

And You can repeat "adb devices" once again in adb to verify:
    devices.jpg

3. Now is time to obtain temporary root. To do so, simply navigate command prompt to wherever You extracted adb.exe and type following command:

Code:
    adb remount

remount.jpg

It uses common JB exploit, which exists in BlueBerry NetCat M-12, alowing you to get temporary root access via ADB shell until next reboot. You can stop at this point and push any system file You want (ie /system/etc/hosts) and set permissions. But if you want permanently rooted device, you need to push SuperSU.apk, su, busybox,... manually via adb before next reboot. Lucky for you, there is a script (permaroot.zip thanks to Bin4ry) which can do it all automatic with just few clicks. Download it from attachment below, extract somewhere on your hard drive run permaroot.bat and have fun.

Comming soon...
    ++ Flashing through Bootloader (via RockChip Batch Tools) HowTo ++
    ++ Illustrated Hardware disassembly guide ++
    ++ There is one custom ROM ported for another device and tested by me, which works in M-12 like a charm. It is purified JB ROM, rooted and without bloatware. I will post it ASAP ++
    ++ If i be able to obtain original Blueberry firmware dump, i will make CWM Touch based recovery image. Any interested owner of original BlueBerry NetCat should supply me with F/W dump, so if you are one, PM me please ++
    ++ If I be able to make Cube CWM Touch recovery work I will share (I managed to extract and install it from supersport900 ROM but it wont mount partitions for some reason) ++
    BlueBerry NetCat M-12 Disassembly Guide

+++ BlueBerry NetCat M-12 HardWare Assembly +++

Tools needed:
    1 x 1mm Torx Screwdriver (pictured below)
    2 x sharp plastic departer for simultaneous two-side gently disassembling plastic parts (any Credit Card or guitar pick will do)
    ux_a11012400ux0022_ux_c.jpg

Step-by-Step Guide for servicing (H/W repairs, forced bootloader, etc) your BlueBerry NetCat M-12:
    * Torx screws are located along port side, noted the difference on Torx and Cross screw types between some devices - Picture 5
    * Some BlueBerry NetCats M-12 dont have left speaker - Pictures 20, 25 and 26
    * BlueBerry NetCat M-12 has different stamp (OEM Logo) on backside - Picture 14
    ** Note LED and short circuit testpoint locations for forced bootloader mode which will be described later in more details - Pictures 25-32

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Picture 3:

Picture 4:

Picture 5:

Picture 6:

Picture 7:

Picture 8:

Picture 9:

Picture 10:

Picture 11:

Picture 12:

Picture 13:

Picture 14:

Picture 15:

Picture 16:

Picture 17:

Picture 18:

Picture 19:

Picture 20:

Picture 21:

Picture 22:

Picture 23:

Picture 24:

Picture 25:

Picture 26:

Picture 27:

Picture 28:

Picture 29:

Picture 30:

Picture 31:

Picture 32:

Picture 33:

There is a PDF with all images in attached archive.