Successfully Rooted Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 & Install Safestrap

Search This thread

Novakingwai

Mar 10, 2013
Can I get a PM with the link to 1.1.6?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gm2zkk1j5e6jbg4/KingoAndroidROOTv116.exe

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

after it is rooted, will it still have the same build with all the info or will it be a factory default?

The phone will be exactly the same if all you do is root. you will have all your settings and apps intact. The only difference will be you will have root.

herrdrjonz

May 1, 2011
Win8.1 worked fine

Has anyone had success rooting with a windows 7 pro pc? My XPs are all gone.

Can't speak for Win7, but 8.1 worked exactly as the OP and no need for Samsung drivers. I skipped that and this version of Kingo did the trick on the 1st try.

But what's up with booting and seeing the boot screen with a lock on it saying custom? Boots right up fine after that though.

NeoMorpheus1337

Oct 12, 2013
new york
Retail unit?

Sorry for the noob question, but do all this means that I can buy a new Note 3 from VZW or Swappa, follow the listed steps and I will be able to use Beans or Cyanogenmod on a retail Note 3?

Then is no reason to even bother with a DE unit, if this is the case, right?

Thanks for the info and again, sorry for the noob question.

radavi98

Jun 12, 2012
Google Pixel 3a XL
Backup Date?

Is it me? Ran the safestrap backup and even after changing the time zone, it shows the year as 1970. Is there a way to correct this? Or sac up and go retro?

herrdrjonz

May 1, 2011
Sorry for the noob question, but do all this means that I can buy a new Note 3 from VZW or Swappa, follow the listed steps and I will be able to use Beans or Cyanogenmod on a retail Note 3?

Then is no reason to even bother with a DE unit, if this is the case, right?

Thanks for the info and again, sorry for the noob question.

Exactly. I just bought mine on eBay. It had the stock ROM and I knew it was new as the previous owner hadn't even removed the sticky packaging tape from the edges. What we can't do thanks to VZW is change kernels and such. But with safestrap, you actually get lots of flexibility anyway to play with various ROMs. I have yet to go bother to backup the stock ROM slot and move my Beans to it. Just am lazy I guess and I'm not settled on a ROM yet. Was going to try CleanROM in another slot today.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Mine is showing custom aswell, any idea how to remove that?

You mean that lock when you boot? I forgot I even had it because I have no intention of ever going back to that stock ROM again. Using safestrap and Beans in another slot, I only see the safestrap start instead. I'd recommend going to safestrap only so that you have no risk of messing up your safe one should you decide to go back for any reason.

Reactions: NeoMorpheus1337

NeoMorpheus1337

Oct 12, 2013
new york
Exactly. I just bought mine on eBay. It had the stock ROM and I knew it was new as the previous owner hadn't even removed the sticky packaging tape from the edges. What we can't do thanks to VZW is change kernels and such. But with safestrap, you actually get lots of flexibility anyway to play with various ROMs. I have yet to go bother to backup the stock ROM slot and move my Beans to it. Just am lazy I guess and I'm not settled on a ROM yet. Was going to try CleanROM in another slot today.

So latest Cyanogenmod is possible to use in another slot?

Thanks for the reply!

recDNA

Aug 24, 2011
Installed Samsung driver v1.5.33.0

Where did you get this version?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

s1kse7en

Apr 24, 2014
Which version SafeStrap did you use? i used the most updated one and it won't get me to the slot screen

Freddybnj_2004

Nov 20, 2010
Unfortunately, Safestrap has stopped!

Hey Guys, I have 4.3 MJE and I've used Kingo to root my note 3 (VZW)... I used rootchecker and verified I have root... I installed every version of Safestrap I can find and they install fine... and ask for root grant... I grant it and I get the following message... Unfortunately, Safestrap has stopped.
I click ok and when I reboot I don't get the Rom Slot Screen... just a normal reboot...
I've uninstalled rebooted and re-installed.. no good... I even tried unrooting, reboooting then rebooting and reinstalling... no good... what am I doing wrong... ?

BTW - I've also installed Busybox...

Thanks.

Last edited:

dasdman

Oct 16, 2013
Hey Guys, I have 4.3 MJE and I've used Kingo to root my note 3 (VZW)... I used rootchecker and verified I have root... I installed every version of Safestrap I can find and they install fine... and ask for root grant... I grant it and I get the following message... Unfortunately, Safestrap has stopped.
I click ok and when I reboot I don't get the Rom Slot Screen... just a normal reboot...
I've uninstalled rebooted and re-installed.. no good... I even tried unrooting, reboooting then rebooting and reinstalling... no good... what am I doing wrong... ?

BTW - I've also installed Busybox...

Thanks.

Same here... Just get the normal boot... Nothing for Safestrap.

skypilot56

May 13, 2014
I screwed up!!

Just rooted my Galaxy Note 4.3 with Kingo and went to install Safestrap. Searched in XDA and did not pay attention to the Forum and ended up downloading and installing the APK for a Droid Razr. [SAFESTRAP v3.73 (2nd-System Bootstrap / Recovery) for XT912 Spyder] and now my Note will not boot beyond the Verizon Screen.

Recognizing how stupid I was, I need help: this is way out of my league.

How can I recover and install the correct apk? Thanks!!!

Larry

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's the complete instruction for rooting Verizon Galaxy Note 3. Thanks to XDA forum members.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Root Verizon Galaxy Note 3
    Model Number: SM-N900V
    Build Number: N900VVRUBMJE
    Android 4.3

Pre-requisites:
    Kingo VERSION 1.1.6 (Doesn't work with latest versions. Device not detected or driver issues)
    Worked with Windows XP only. Tried Windows 7 Ultimate & Enterprise Edition
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Uninstalled all Samsung USB Drivers and Kies

2. Installed Samsung driver v1.5.33.0

3. Uninstall previous Kingo versions (just to be safe)

4. Installed Kingo VERSION 1.1.6.
    i.e. run "KingoAndroidROOTv116.exe". It will connect to some server and download the Kingo v1.1.6
    just need to install through thier download manager. It will check other avg bloatware. Uncheck those.

5. Now connect the phone.
    DON'T DISCONNECT THE DEVICE UNTIL WHOLE PROCESS IS DONE

6. Start Kingo. It should now recognize the device.

7. It will download dependencies and fetch scripts from server. Will reboot the device couple of times. After that it will be rooted.

8. SuperSU app on the phone will prompt for root access. Grant it. This message will also be shown in Kingo app.

9. Now the Kingo will show the device is rooted.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Safestrap
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2517610

Install Safestrap on Verizon Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900V)
    LATEST STABLE FILE: Safestrap-HLTEVZW-3.65.apk
    1) Must be rooted and allow apk from unknown sources.
    2) Copy Safestrap-HLTEVZW-3.65.apk to phone and install
    3) Hit Install Recovery. It should be installed.
    4) From there you can reboot and you *should* see a new splash screen during the boot up. While this is showing you can enter Safestrap Recovery using the [ menu ] button.
    Guys, can I get a link too? I'm in the same situation. Tia.

If somone can pm me a link to 1.1.6 id <3 them

I would like to request a PM with the link to the working version as well.

I looked at the Forum rules and didn't see anything against posting the link, so here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gm2zkk1j5e6jbg4/KingoAndroidROOTv116.exe\

This is the Afterdawn Kingo 1.1.6 installer. It will give you 3 options trying to install AVG as your antivirus. Make sure you uncheck those boxes. After you download the file choose open to install. It's easy to figure out after that. If you need help with it post back.
    Is someone screwing with me? I am late to the Note 3 party, picking one up yesterday. Not going to activate unless I can root. I have searched high and low for 1.1.6, have found everything but that version. Is there something specific I should search for, a hint within the forum rules? Thanks! I tried VRoot after getting frustrated and it failed.

Sent you a PM
    Is someone screwing with me? I am late to the Note 3 party, picking one up yesterday. Not going to activate unless I can root. I have searched high and low for 1.1.6, have found everything but that version. Is there something specific I should search for, a hint within the forum rules? Thanks! I tried VRoot after getting frustrated and it failed.

Sent you a PM with a link.

Good luck!
    Thanks for doing that. Does this trip the Knox counter?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I don't know. I say screw Knox anyway even if it did trip. :D