P3113 JB upgrade on Kies

Search This thread

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
We are smart.... we build death ray using our Samsung tab,... wipe out all life on earth then rules the people as kings......

I feel like I am forgetting something .........

Lakland

Jan 18, 2012
Puerto Rico
Very dissapointed!!!

This update to JB4.1.1 is very dissapointing!!

The worst!! : How do I get rid of that horrible voice every time I change the pages where all my apps are? I navigate accesibility, sounds, with no luck! :(

Anybody encounter this issue? I upgrade from stock ICS 4.0.4 unrooted, to JB4.1.1 unrooted

Also, the Phone UI on tablet?? come on!!!!

IF I can not get rid of the horrible voice, I will revrt back to ICS 4.0.4!

chamberc

Feb 23, 2011
Irving, TX

The worst!! : How do I get rid of that horrible voice every time I change the pages where all my apps are? I navigate accesibility, sounds, with no luck! :(

Anybody encounter this issue? I upgrade from stock ICS 4.0.4 unrooted, to JB4.1.1 unrooted

I'd have to agree. The Notification shade isn't even the right resolution. Further, they didn't include Allshare Cast, sadly.

gyoung345

Jan 2, 2009

Is there a way to change it so you don't have the phone UI on the tablet and get the tablet UI back? Here are some shots that outline it and are indicative of the phone UI....

1. Status/Notifications moved to the top of the tablet. They used to be in the bottom right corner. Now that they are on the top of the tablet, the icons are much smaller than they were.
2. The Back, Home, and Recent Apps navigation soft buttons are no longer on the bottom left of the tablet. They are now centered on the bottom of the tablet.

Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with Jelly Bean

Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with Ice Cream Sandwich

Last edited:

monkboy24

Apr 13, 2012
Maryland

I love this update:thumbup: your best bet is to go back to ics bro:eek:

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

monkboy24

Apr 13, 2012
Maryland
Thanks! HOw you disable the voice the tells every time you change pages where all apps are (with disable the others sounds :) )? Is very annoying!

Do you have that issue?
Lol I was just about ask how the hell did you get that voice thing? I don't have the voice. I'm checking into it now tho

D

Deleted member 804010

I installed this last night - and up to now, am pretty impressed. Granted, the switch from 4.0.4 to 4.11 is huge, especially if you really like - or are used to the original tablet ui. I've been running custom 4.1.1 / 4.1.2 / 4.2.1 roms - so have gotten used to the phablet ui, and some of the benefits / features it offers. My wife's tab is still running the 4.0.4 - so I go back and forth between the two :)

As to the voice every time you change the app page - have never heard it, am not aware of it - am interested in seeing some other replies

Good luck

stingray59

Sep 18, 2011
Just updated via Kies, worked fine on my win 7 x86 box. Kies takes awhile to connect but have had no problems.

Lakland

Jan 18, 2012
Puerto Rico
I factory reset the tablet, damn voice gone :D
I installed this last night - and up to now, am pretty impressed. Granted, the switch from 4.0.4 to 4.11 is huge, especially if you really like - or are used to the original tablet ui. I've been running custom 4.1.1 / 4.1.2 / 4.2.1 roms - so have gotten used to the phablet ui, and some of the benefits / features it offers. My wife's tab is still running the 4.0.4 - so I go back and forth between the two :)

As to the voice every time you change the app page - have never heard it, am not aware of it - am interested in seeing some other replies

Good luck

Reactions: monkboy24

rcatron

Feb 3, 2012
Frankfort
I am very pleased! This is like a new device now. I am so happy that they chose to leave the stock browser enabled and installed. I think it is embarrassing for Google that it benchmarks faster than Chrome does.

Also, I ran AnTuTu benchmark and my score improved from 5989 to 7097

Could not be more pleased!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk HD

rsage

Jul 28, 2010
Apparently the IR Blaster is not working. Tried Peel and Touchsquid, no luck.

I'm curious - what was your upgrade path? Did you go from stock ICS -> JB, or were you running a custom ROM? I had this same issue when I flashed the p3110 official JB release on my p3113 (even though the p3110 release had functional IR which was working for other p3113 users). Let us know - it would be good to figure out why this happens to some people...

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Re: tablet UI vs phablet UI vs phone UI, Google itself is moving away from tablet UI, looks like the OEMs are starting to follow. Here's one explanation I came across:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/android/21238/google-android-tablet-ui

Reactions: gyoung345

monkboy24

Apr 13, 2012
Maryland
I'm curious - what was your upgrade path? Did you go from stock ICS -> JB, or were you running a custom ROM? I had this same issue when I flashed the p3110 official JB release on my p3113 (even though the p3110 release had functional IR which was working for other p3113 users). Let us know - it would be good to figure out why this happens to some people...

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Re: tablet UI vs phablet UI vs phone UI, Google itself is moving away from tablet UI, looks like the OEMs are starting to follow. Here's one explanation I came across:

I know every 3110 Rom I installed on my 3113 broke to the ir blaster for me! I'm not sure how it worked out for other 3113 users:confused:

rsage

Jul 28, 2010
I went from stock 4.0.4 rom to JB via Kies. No issues upgrading via Kies, went smooth.

Hmmm... well so much for my theory then...

I'm wondering if flashing via Mobile ODIN would help. Or factory reset + reflash. I hope you get it working.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I know every 3110 Rom I installed on my 3113 broke to the ir blaster for me! I'm not sure how it worked out for other 3113 users:confused:

Yeah I had mixed results: IR would work for a while after flashing p3110 jb, then just stop. Setting up Peel from scratch didn't help, I would have to wipe app data or uninstall/reinstall, at which point it would work again for a little while. I could never get it to work consistently (though I never tried a factory reset + reflash). Never knew if it was a firmware problem or a Peel/app problem.

gyoung345

Jan 2, 2009

Thanks for that link. It helps out a lot. I will have to look at some launchers, but I don't think they impact the BACK, HOME, RECENT APPs buttons and the notifications do they?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Plug in and get the JB Update uploadfromtaptalk1357571870921.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
    That's because the best way to update and still keep root and cwm recovery is to do it using mobile odin! That way youl have a choice to keep root and cwm recovery after the update

I fully agree, but it's a bit to late for that now sadly. I didn't think of it till it was to late.

So, now that I have everything back to normal on my system, now I am ready to install CWM again when there is a root for it. I am dying to restore my apps with Ti. Till then I am a sad panda.
    what are the chances, i just rooted and installed a rom last night because i was tired of waiting!

Can anyone confirm this? id like to update even though mine official and use my IR remote

its made for the 3113 so the ir will definitely be working
    For those of you that have updated, can we get any feedback?
    hey where did you get the firmware file to use odin mobile?

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-P3113

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

extract the .tar MD5 file from the zip and put it on your sd card