Diztronic Voyeur Case Review + Pictures

Search This thread

krash183

Sep 4, 2008
http://www.amazon.com/Diztronic-Voy...=1390682220&sr=8-6&keywords=diztronic+nexus+5

Review of the Older Diztronic Case for comparison - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2538730

Review over @ amazon http://www.amazon.com/review/R1Q1QSBFIEBWHX/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm - Please click "yes" on the "Did you find this review helpful" at the bottom of it please! - Thanks

attachment.php

Packaging:

As per Diztronic Style, the packaging is minimalistic. Simple and easy to open. It's nice to not to see money isn't going for flash of presentation but towards substance to the actual product.

Build Quality/Design

Once again, Diztronic opted for a two tone style; where the majority is this nice soft matte finish with accents of glossy black. It's designed very tastefully. The gloss accents flows well with the matte finish and is seemless in its presentation. The front bezel/frame is glossy and the rest is almost entirely matte black. One very nice touch I'd like to point out, the "buttons" are matte but are outlined with the gloss finish border. It made the buttons "pop" out more and was just very visually appealing imo. Also, the cutout for the camera is outlined in the gloss finish to breakup the dominating matte finish on the back. The biggest difference between the this case and the older one would be the back, it has a "window" showing the nexus logo. There is a plastic film protector that I didn't remove when taking the pictures but its a nice clear sturdy plastic. Last; the Diztronic logo was moved from the back to the side at the bottom right (also in the Gloss finish). Very nice job Diztronic, the style of the case flows very well that isn't too dull and boring but a nice blend of aesthetic cues and functionality.

Also, the "frame" around the edges of the phone isn't the same all the way around. The corners have more plastic to be able to endure harder drops. It's not blatantly obvious but noticeable under close inspection . See pictures to see the "bumper" corners. The back also has very small rubber feet when laying the phone down on its back. I believe its to prevent too many scratches on the clear plastic window. Like the last version, the front border is lifted so the screen isn't touching the table when placed faced down.

As like the last case, the "buttons" on the case are the nicest feeling and looking buttons I've come across on any tpu case. They looks and feel like actual buttons. Pressing them is easy and works like pressing the real buttons on the Nexus 5 itself.

All cutouts are placed/cut correctly with everything lining up just fine. The cutouts for ports are big enough for the use of mostly any usb cable or headphone plug. The fit is pretty much perfect, the plastic isn't too stiff where its impossible to the get phone in the case but not too soft where it feels cheap. When in the case the Nexus 5 seems solid in hand w/ a good weight to it. It's what I look for in the compromise between slimness and protection in a case.

Conclusion

This is my new favorite case for the Nexus 5. It's a solid performer for a good price! Diztronic has hit another homerun with this case.

Attachments

• P1040865.jpg
    P1040865.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 1,985
  • P1040867.jpg
    P1040867.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 7,596
  • P1040868.jpg
    P1040868.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 1,881
  • P1040869.jpg
    P1040869.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 1,791
  • P1040870.jpg
    P1040870.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 1,774
  • P1040871.jpg
    P1040871.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 1,744
  • P1040872.jpg
    P1040872.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 1,680
  • P1040873.jpg
    P1040873.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 1,728
  • P1040874.jpg
    P1040874.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 1,918
  • P1040875.jpg
    P1040875.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 1,762
  • P1040876.jpg
    P1040876.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 1,666
  • P1040877.jpg
    P1040877.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 1,613
  • P1040879.jpg
    P1040879.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 1,683
  • P1040880.jpg
    P1040880.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 1,626
  • P1040881.jpg
    P1040881.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 1,553
  • P1040882.jpg
    P1040882.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 1,684
Last edited:

Jason_MCG

Dec 11, 2010
How does it feel compared to the Neo Hybrid from Spigen?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It feels slimmer and more ridgid, the finish makes it easier to hold and, because of the reinforced backing, feels much sturdier. I have the Neo Hybrid and the Voyeur is better in almost every way. Diztronic really hit it out of the park with this one.

Also, while I've been a critic of the glossy lip, it's much less pronounced on the Voyeur than it is on the standard matte case, and that's a major plus for me. I will say however that my buttons, while tactile, aren't as tactile as the OP's. Granted, there is a break-in period on TPU cases (especially the buttons), so I'll report back in a few days.

Buy this case.

Last edited:

th3xeroeagle

Sep 4, 2011
Montreal
I see that you have both diztronic cases, between both which do you think has more button feedback? I have the original one, waiting on my Voyeur :laugh: and thanks for the review!

Luther.

Jan 26, 2014
Hmm, I'm not sure I like the circular glass shape on the back.
The way it exposes the logo through glass isn't very appealing to me.

I see that you have both diztronic cases, between both which do you think has more button feedback? I have the original one, waiting on my Voyeur :laugh: and thanks for the review!

I have both as well, just from my experience, the Voyeur has better buttons than the original.

You're not the only one, Diztronic is looking into possibly removing it on its next revision or, I think its next case. Not sure. :confused:

Reactions: th3xeroeagle

BTT8

Oct 16, 2012
I wonder if it's possible to make a thin case like the spigen ultra slim but with a clear black to expose the logo

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

spicydicy

Aug 22, 2012
Winnipeg
Thanks for the review, I ordered one!

One quick question, is the clear plastic much more see through once the protective layer of film is removed?

shawnaye

Sep 28, 2011

You do know there's the original matte black case that doesn't has the see through glass behind right?

The whole point of the voyeur was to show off the Nexus logo.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

krash183

Sep 4, 2008
Thanks for the review, I ordered one!

One quick question, is the clear plastic much more see through once the protective layer of film is removed?

i dont know if its "much" more but its definitely clearer. It had 3 pieces of film on it, 2 on the outside and 1 inside.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.amazon.com/Diztronic-Voy...=1390682220&sr=8-6&keywords=diztronic+nexus+5

Review of the Older Diztronic Case for comparison - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2538730

Review over @ amazon http://www.amazon.com/review/R1Q1QSBFIEBWHX/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm - Please click "yes" on the "Did you find this review helpful" at the bottom of it please! - Thanks

attachment.php

Packaging:

As per Diztronic Style, the packaging is minimalistic. Simple and easy to open. It's nice to not to see money isn't going for flash of presentation but towards substance to the actual product.

Build Quality/Design

Once again, Diztronic opted for a two tone style; where the majority is this nice soft matte finish with accents of glossy black. It's designed very tastefully. The gloss accents flows well with the matte finish and is seemless in its presentation. The front bezel/frame is glossy and the rest is almost entirely matte black. One very nice touch I'd like to point out, the "buttons" are matte but are outlined with the gloss finish border. It made the buttons "pop" out more and was just very visually appealing imo. Also, the cutout for the camera is outlined in the gloss finish to breakup the dominating matte finish on the back. The biggest difference between the this case and the older one would be the back, it has a "window" showing the nexus logo. There is a plastic film protector that I didn't remove when taking the pictures but its a nice clear sturdy plastic. Last; the Diztronic logo was moved from the back to the side at the bottom right (also in the Gloss finish). Very nice job Diztronic, the style of the case flows very well that isn't too dull and boring but a nice blend of aesthetic cues and functionality.

Also, the "frame" around the edges of the phone isn't the same all the way around. The corners have more plastic to be able to endure harder drops. It's not blatantly obvious but noticeable under close inspection . See pictures to see the "bumper" corners. The back also has very small rubber feet when laying the phone down on its back. I believe its to prevent too many scratches on the clear plastic window. Like the last version, the front border is lifted so the screen isn't touching the table when placed faced down.

As like the last case, the "buttons" on the case are the nicest feeling and looking buttons I've come across on any tpu case. They looks and feel like actual buttons. Pressing them is easy and works like pressing the real buttons on the Nexus 5 itself.

All cutouts are placed/cut correctly with everything lining up just fine. The cutouts for ports are big enough for the use of mostly any usb cable or headphone plug. The fit is pretty much perfect, the plastic isn't too stiff where its impossible to the get phone in the case but not too soft where it feels cheap. When in the case the Nexus 5 seems solid in hand w/ a good weight to it. It's what I look for in the compromise between slimness and protection in a case.

Conclusion

This is my new favorite case for the Nexus 5. It's a solid performer for a good price! Diztronic has hit another homerun with this case.
    How does it feel compared to the Neo Hybrid from Spigen?

It feels slimmer and more ridgid, the finish makes it easier to hold and, because of the reinforced backing, feels much sturdier. I have the Neo Hybrid and the Voyeur is better in almost every way. Diztronic really hit it out of the park with this one.

Also, while I've been a critic of the glossy lip, it's much less pronounced on the Voyeur than it is on the standard matte case, and that's a major plus for me. I will say however that my buttons, while tactile, aren't as tactile as the OP's. Granted, there is a break-in period on TPU cases (especially the buttons), so I'll report back in a few days.

Buy this case.

You do know there's the original matte black case that doesn't has the see through glass behind right?

The whole point of the voyeur was to show off the Nexus logo.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I have both as well, just from my experience, the Voyeur has better buttons than the original.

You're not the only one, Diztronic is looking into possibly removing it on its next revision or, I think its next case. Not sure. :confused:

I bought this simply because it exposes the logo.