Stuck in Recovery with Unauthorized ADB Device

Search This thread

Joppykid

Oct 2, 2010
St. Louis
For some reason I downloaded OTA KK while rooted on Digital Dream. I am currently stuck in CM v6.0.4.4 Recovery. I have tried everything that I can personally think of and everything I can think of googling. Before someone says to check USB Debugging, I cannot as I am in recovery and can't get to that setting. When ever I get in the ADB command prompt it tells me that my device is Unauthorized, I can't get into download mode, can't fastboot because whenever I restart phone it goes straight to LG Logo for a min then recovery.

I did a backup right before I did the OTA and when I went back to it and restored it brought me right back to recovery. No matter what I do I get back in recovery. The only thing I can do is Sideload, I don't think sideloading ROMS will work since my backup didn't. Would it be possible to sideload TWRP over my CM so I can do the command from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451696 thread?

I am totally stuck and can't think of anything else. If I could do the step above I know it would work but I just can't get it to do it.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I think I perma-bricked my G2. ;(

Next step I guess will be to let the power drain? I read somewhere that might help, not sure how though.

D

Deleted member 3320323

Hi i had the same problem this helped me and found a file called cmw_bootloop_fix.zip and i sideloaded it and it worked great hope it helps not sure if it is carrier specific.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

Joppykid

Oct 2, 2010
St. Louis
Hi i had the same problem this helped me and found a file called cmw_bootloop_fix.zip and i sideloaded it and it worked great hope it helps not sure if it is carrier specific.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

Do you have any idea on where you found it? I found a lot of similar files to the name you said.

D

Deleted member 3320323

For the life of me i don't remember where i found it took me hours of searching to find it. I do have it with me if there were some way to send it i would.

Do you have any idea on where you found it? I found a lot of similar files to the name you said.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Also did i mention that i think it only worked on at&t d800 lg g2.

For the life of me i don't remember where i found it took me hours of searching to find it. I do have it with me if there were some way to send it i would.

Joppykid

Oct 2, 2010
St. Louis
Got lucky (aside from bricking my phone)and found a repair shop with a mint condition G2 and traded bricked one in for parts for $75 and paid 250 for the rest. Expensive mistake learned.