Help me guys.. "secure boot error"

Search This thread

shirish893

Jan 25, 2013
somehow by mistake... the above problem arises...
I got the way to solve it by flashing kdz file.. but the problem is.. while flashing, it says to charge ur phone.
Now the problem is, whenever i charge it, it starts and shows "secure boot error"
How do i charge my phone? Help guys
Thanks

hackenggr

May 15, 2007
Wah Cantt
I got the way to solve it by flashing kdz file.. but the problem is.. while flashing, it says to charge ur phone.
Now the problem is, whenever i charge it, it starts and shows "secure boot error"
Thanks

Try flashing the rom less than 1 GB using the KDZ_FW_UPD.exe with CS_Emergancy mode it should work if your phone have enough battery power to keep it on in download mode for 10 minutes or so, if not then try through LGNPST using tot file. Or check if it charges in the custom recovery.

Correct me if I am wrong

shirish893

Jan 25, 2013
Try flashing the rom less than 1 GB using the KDZ_FW_UPD.exe with CS_Emergancy mode it should work if your phone have enough battery power to keep it on in download mode for 10 minutes or so, if not then try through LGNPST using tot file. Or check if it charges in the custom recovery.

Correct me if I am wrong

i cant neither go to recovery nor bootloader..
and i tired using kdz updater.. it shows to charge ur battery
see the pictures below

Attachments

• 10257314_249398841935676_7496945587162070851_o.jpg
    10257314_249398841935676_7496945587162070851_o.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 86

hackenggr

May 15, 2007
Wah Cantt
i cant neither go to recovery nor bootloader..
and i tired using kdz updater.. it shows to charge ur battery
see the pictures below

Turn off your phone and put it in download mode by pressing and holding ‘Volume Up’ + ‘Volume Down’ and inserting USB and use the software to flash KDZ that I attached the screetshot, KDZ_FW_UPD.exe, this one can't flash the KDZ file bigger than 1 GB so if your KDZ is more than ! GB in size then download one that is less then 1 GB recover your phone charge it then flash your desired one. You are using the R & D Tool it always check the battery level and not allow you to flash if battery is less than 50%.

Note: If you have the mako bootloader install this tool might not flash the kdz (It never did for me) to come back to full stock you will have to use the LGNPST

Attachments

• KDZ_FW_UPD.jpg
    KDZ_FW_UPD.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 49

shirish893

Jan 25, 2013
Turn off your phone and put it in download mode by pressing and holding ‘Volume Up’ + ‘Volume Down’ and inserting USB and use the software to flash KDZ that I attached the screetshot, KDZ_FW_UPD.exe, this one can't flash the KDZ file bigger than 1 GB so if your KDZ is more than ! GB in size then download one that is less then 1 GB recover your phone charge it then flash your desired one. You are using the R & D Tool it always check the battery level and not allow you to flash if battery is less than 50%.

Note: If you have the mako bootloader install this tool might not flash the kdz (It never did for me) to come back to full stock you will have to use the LGNPST

there is no kdz less than 1gb :crying: .. all are above 1gb...
and as i said above i cant charge.....
and ya i have a mako bootloader
what shall i do?

Last edited:

hackenggr

May 15, 2007
Wah Cantt
there is no kdz less than 1gb :crying: .. all are above 1gb...
and as i said above i cant charge.....
and ya i have a mako bootloader
what shall i do?

Yeah try the teenybin to recover detailed instructions are on the thread. Thanks grunch21

I once seen the more easy understanding guide to setup the LGNPST software that is instructed to use in the above thread if I found it again I will post the link here for your convenience.

EDIT:
A little simple step by step instructions to use the LGNPST here How to use LGNPST on Windows 8

Last edited:

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
Thanks
If it's of any help, I had exactly the same problem just a few days ago... :) Read from this post further down, there were some suggestions from folks, and the final solution to my issue. Long story short, KDZ Updater can work with the dead battery, if you manage to find a KDZ that can be flashed with it. I found a 1.17GB KDZ that I was able to flash (any others, just slightly larger, would give me an extract error), and then just took it from there.

As mentioned, TeenyBin and LGNPST might be another solution, but I have no first-hand experience with it, so I can't comment...

Oh, and BTW, you are saying you "tried to use KDZ Updater", but your screenshot shows the LG Mobile Support Tool -- that's a different application, and a different process. Look at a screenshot by @hackenggr a couple of posts above -- that's KDZ Updater.

Last edited:

shirish893

Jan 25, 2013
If it's of any help, I had exactly the same problem just a few days ago... :) Read from this post further down, there were some suggestions from folks, and the final solution to my issue. Long story short, KDZ Updater can work with the dead battery, if you manage to find a KDZ that can be flashed with it. I found a 1.17GB KDZ that I was able to flash (any others, just slightly larger, would give me an extract error), and then just took it from there.

As mentioned, TeenyBin and LGNPST might be another solution, but I have no first-hand experience with it, so I can't comment...

Oh, and BTW, you are saying you "tried to use KDZ Updater", but your screenshot shows the LG Mobile Support Tool -- that's a different application, and a different process. Look at a screenshot by @hackenggr a couple of posts above -- that's KDZ Updater.

dude its and r and d tool... anyway..wat u did to solve this problem?? can u tell me?? I,cant get wat u talking about from ur given link

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
wat u did to solve this problem?? can u tell me?? I,cant get wat u talking about from ur given link
Hate to quote my own previous post, but here:
Long story short, KDZ Updater can work with the dead battery, if you manage to find a KDZ that can be flashed with it. I found a 1.17GB KDZ that I was able to flash (any others, just slightly larger, would give me an extract error), and then just took it from there.
That's exactly what I did. Flashed a KDZ (1.17GB in size, the smallest I could find) with a KDZ Updater. Low battery didn't matter.

shirish893

Jan 25, 2013
wait a sec guys, i thought it was solved.. now see this problem...what shall i do? :crying:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    209.2 KB · Views: 27

hackenggr

May 15, 2007
Wah Cantt
wait a sec guys, i thought it was solved.. now see this problem...what shall i do? :crying:

I think because you decive is converted with mako bootloader LG software not found the LG phone so they stop.

Use the LGNPST to flash the E975 tot file same way you did with teenybin just rename the .tot to .bin and you will be on the LG stock and software will work fine to your desire KDZ