[Q] Bricked one

Search This thread
i tried adb won't work and fastboot not doing anything i keeping getting a error saying that bootloader locked or can't erase
what really pisses me off i didn't even brick it a dumbass friend of mine did thinking he knew what he was doing.

Is fastboot working? Unlock bootloader and push custom recovery there. Go to adb sideload and that should work eventually. I had an issue with HTC One M7 - someone deleted sytem, and cyanogenmod installer helped, because it pushed CWM recovery, maybe try that one as well?

brooklynchildxbc

Mar 14, 2008
brooklyn
Is fastboot working? Unlock bootloader and push custom recovery there. Go to adb sideload and that should work eventually. I had an issue with HTC One M7 - someone deleted sytem, and cyanogenmod installer helped, because it pushed CWM recovery, maybe try that one as well?

thank you so much i gave up then tried what you said then all of a sudden adb connected and i sideloaded the update file and got it back

flo musti

May 1, 2013
kilkenny
thank you so much i gave up then tried what you said then all of a sudden adb connected and i sideloaded the update file and got it back

Don't give up.... I was in the same position like you for a couple days....and now is fix by my self..... If you unlock your bootloader try to lock back (fastboot oem lock) now try to flash via fastboot Philz Recovery ( try until is rebooting himself into recovery) .... After that put on a memory stick the new system .... You may need to mount the USB flash drive ..... That's exactly what I have done....Good Luck ...

LiquidSolstice

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2008
It is damn near IMPOSSIBLE to actualy, truly "brick" these devices. There are way too many safeguards in place.

Be careful before announcing that you are "bricked". Bootlooping (which is what your device was doing) is not "bricked". As long as you have fastboot, you can always reflash recovery, and then use recovery to reflash your custom ROM (or you can bypass all of that and reflash the factory images from fastboot).

Don't panic, you know more than you think you know. Just don't get freaked out, and read. You'll be fine.