[ROM][DEVTEAM][GSM][17/04/12]GSM GalaxyTab Honeycomb team--HoneyComb RC1 REUPLOADED!!

Search This thread

dariolob

Jul 13, 2009
Hi guys! :)

After going through some beta stages,we finally got Honeycomb RC1,with all the Major bugs IRONED OUT. Now it's only a matter of solving the minor resolution problems :)

UPDATE: Application requests for the team are temporary CLOSED.

Our team is made up of :

Devs:
- Me :p
-cdesal
-Frussou
-diagdave

Testers:
-stevensheaven
-Nezorflame
-slimdizzy
-captain134
-Wackymix
-Phelapkell
-ani55

Stay in touch with the team! Visit our (temporary) forums at http://honeycombsgt.freebb3.com/index.php

IRC Channel for team members only: #honeycombsgt @ freenode It will be opened to the public only in release days!! Requests for help and n00b questions wil be IGNORED in developing days,remember we can ban people from the channel!

HONEYCOMB RC1 20 OCTOBER 2011

DOWNLOAD---> http://www.mediafire.com/?mv5xavv0t1bkl57

Changelog

SD automount fixed with MUSIC and GALLERY working --- thanks diagdave
3G AND GSM FIXED!! --- thanks diagdave
New RIL from Samsung sources
Setup Wizard has been re-enabled because it works :)

WARNING--- THIS BUILD WILL PROBABLY WIPE INTERNAL SDCARD !!

INSTALLATION GUIDE! ---> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1296330

Additional notes:

- You may occur in strange issues like red borders in windows but they are known HC sdk issues, easy to overcome, just search on google or take a look in this forum :)

DEVELOPEMENT STATUS: Active

Things we're working at:

• New kernel,built from new sources
  • Smoothness increase
  • Better screen resolution
  • Minor bugs fixing

I received some requests of guides on how to make a ROM. Well,there aren't specific guides for that,but our dev mssmison wrote a porting guide recently: it's a good start for beginners :) Take a look at it here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1242216

Updates soon ;)

Dario

Credits:

Spacemoose-- without him none of this could be possible :)
cdesai-- our kernel guru
diagdave-- for the SD auto mount and 3G fix
All the testers team :)
The entire XDA community

Last edited:

HateB

Aug 23, 2009
I could be a tester. I have another account on the forum but I must get it back, LOL. So, reply to janne.paasimaa(at)gmail.com if you have something. I will follow that topic and I will tell ya my another account later.

knightnz

Dec 12, 2009
Wellington
You might want to have some pre-requisites for testers otherwise the vast majority of posts to this thread will be "Me too!!!11!" posts.

The primary difference between CDMA/GSM ports is at kernel level. The only real hardware difference is in the radio, touchscreen, processor, sound etc. are all the same.

cdesai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD
I'ld like to help with it as much as I can, I do dev on my galaxy 3 now :D

If really the prime comes this month and we get ics sources we can forget honeycomb(although Google will need ta keep it sumwhere else, R.I.P. android.git.kernel.org)

Last edited:
Reactions: shenery

maverickzero

Aug 2, 2009
Maastricht
I would gladly help if you show me where I could find tutorials for developing for android so I could help out. I must add I have some good experience with C/C++ and some with C#. If you would be so kind to send me a PM with some tutorials I would gladly help :)

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S21
I very much doubt any real devs are going to bother with HC now. Spacemoose abandoned it without notice or explanation which is a real shame as he seemed really dedicated to the cuase, and oldmacnut looks like he has given up on challenge aswell.

IMO this is now just wishful thinking. Our best bet is to wait for ICS source to drop.

dariolob

Jul 13, 2009
I have an early port of oldmancut's latest HC release :) I'm uploading right now,but this evening I can't test so I'm posting it here for the braves who can test :)
It's based upon old kernel sources and MAY wipe internal SD as old builds. ETA: 50 minutes!

k0sh

Mar 24, 2011
Galaxy World
play.google.com
I very much doubt any real devs are going to bother with HC now. Spacemoose abandoned it without notice or explanation which is a real shame as he seemed really dedicated to the cuase, and oldmacnut looks like he has given up on challenge aswell.

IMO this is now just wishful thinking. Our best bet is to wait for ICS source to drop.

spacemoose1 he doesn't need to explain why he abandoned the project

you must know , everyone here have another life outside the XDA forum

if he got the time , we should has it along time ago , but he doesn't have the time

cheer up ,
anyways , trust me , HC is not that good , GB is away better ;)
HC is so damn bugy lagy crap , i use gtab10.1 and i can't tell you how many lags i get per second , so how about a ported hc ? how it will be you think ?

adi6262

May 16, 2011
Lets stop banging our head on closed source HC . ICS is most probably coming on 11 october in samsung unpacked google episode.

sevensheaven

Aug 16, 2006
Leidschendam
ok i did flash it..

these errors come's up afhter boot.

Gmail (proces.com.google.android.gm) stopt
moon phase pro (proces.com.daylightmap.moon.pro.android)
gun bros (proces.com.glu.android.gunbros_free)
messages (proces.com.android.mms)

after close all errors it goes to the honescreen.

menu button not working.
home and back working.
auto turn screen not working.

keyboard don't show when trying to connect with wifi.

when i push the power button ones it reboots.(normali it put off the screen only.

btw boots in 35 sec..so pretty fast

all software still working.so it did not wip anything.

i will come back with more in a while..

hope it helps a bit so far.

regards stef

Last edited:

Nezorflame

Downloading, will report asap...

Edit:
Booted in a minute or so, it gave me a Welcome screen with the list of languages and the Start button, I can choose language but nothing happens when I press the button so can't move further...
Wiped again and reflashed - same result. Stuck for now...=\
Btw, when the screen goes to sleep, it sends the device into reboot after a few seconds.

2sevensheaven, how did you pass through the Welcome screen?..

Last edited:

sevensheaven

Aug 16, 2006
Leidschendam
i just pushed the next button en cancel..

and like u say..when the screen goes out..it reboots.

i will now try a factory reset and see what happens.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys! :)

After going through some beta stages,we finally got Honeycomb RC1,with all the Major bugs IRONED OUT. Now it's only a matter of solving the minor resolution problems :)

UPDATE: Application requests for the team are temporary CLOSED.

Our team is made up of :

Devs:
    - Me :p
    -cdesal
    -Frussou
    -diagdave

Testers:
    -stevensheaven
    -Nezorflame
    -slimdizzy
    -captain134
    -Wackymix
    -Phelapkell
    -ani55

Stay in touch with the team! Visit our (temporary) forums at http://honeycombsgt.freebb3.com/index.php

IRC Channel for team members only: #honeycombsgt @ freenode It will be opened to the public only in release days!! Requests for help and n00b questions wil be IGNORED in developing days,remember we can ban people from the channel!

HONEYCOMB RC1 20 OCTOBER 2011

DOWNLOAD---> http://www.mediafire.com/?mv5xavv0t1bkl57

Changelog

SD automount fixed with MUSIC and GALLERY working --- thanks diagdave
    3G AND GSM FIXED!! --- thanks diagdave
    New RIL from Samsung sources
    Setup Wizard has been re-enabled because it works :)

WARNING--- THIS BUILD WILL PROBABLY WIPE INTERNAL SDCARD !!

INSTALLATION GUIDE! ---> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1296330

Additional notes:

- You may occur in strange issues like red borders in windows but they are known HC sdk issues, easy to overcome, just search on google or take a look in this forum :)

DEVELOPEMENT STATUS: Active

Things we're working at:

• New kernel,built from new sources
    • Smoothness increase
    • Better screen resolution
    • Minor bugs fixing

I received some requests of guides on how to make a ROM. Well,there aren't specific guides for that,but our dev mssmison wrote a porting guide recently: it's a good start for beginners :) Take a look at it here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1242216

Updates soon ;)

Dario

Credits:

Spacemoose-- without him none of this could be possible :)
    cdesai-- our kernel guru
    diagdave-- for the SD auto mount and 3G fix
    All the testers team :)
    The entire XDA community
    Some fresh news for you guys. diagdave will be working on a 3G fix in few hours,maybe this night you'll get some HC goodness :)
    But this is not the only SDK port we're working on :p
    Hey guys,guess what? I've just ported Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1's TouchWiz UX to this device :D It has basic functions and doesn't involves frameworks but it should work fine :)
    Alright guys,I'm trying right now to make a dirty and fast 3.2 port ;)
    Working on 2.6.35.7 kernel built from samsung sources(gb kernel)

And yea the next build gonna be a lot better :D