Key mapping fixes for SuperOSR / CM

Search This thread

adlx.xda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 4, 2010
Madrid
THis thread is for people having key mapping issues with SuperOSR or CM:

If you have unlocked your Chacha using HTCdev unlock, install https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result, run the app to get your CID, then see in the following list the correspondig word.

For example, for CID HTC__044 it would be "steng".

Go to that page: http://goo.im/devs/adlx/chacha/keypads/

Get and flash: chacha-keypad-steng-signed.zip

If you did S-Off, you probably lost your CID, anyway you can try those patches. Name are pretty obvious anyway (countries).

keypad: CID:

ell <= ??;
fra <= HTC__203, HTC__247, ORANG202, VODAP203, VODAP204;
ara <= HTC__J15;
esn <= HTC__304, VODAP304, VODAPD18, BSTAR301, ORANG309;
ger <= HTC__102, O2___102, ORANG216, VODAP102, VODAP110, VODAP120;
ita <= HTC__405, TIM__401;
rus <= HTC__A07;
hk <= ??;
nor <= HTC__Y13;
tur <= HTC__M27;
bopomo <= HTC__621;
cn <= HTCCN701;
aw <= CWS__001; (HTC Status)
tai <= HTC__053;
steng <= HTC__044, HTC__622;

none? <= HTC__001, HTC__016, HTC__032, VIRGI001, HTC__E11, HTC__038, H3G__001, O2___001, ORANG001, ORANGB10, T-MOB005, VODAP001, VODAPE17, VODAP006, HTC__N34;

If you have issues, missing keys or such, please install KeyEvent Display and tell me, on your phone, what is the scancode of the key, what it does, and what it should do.

Last edited:

jova

Aug 28, 2008
Hi,
i have qwertz layout, cid is gone cause i flashed with goldcard to manage the htcdev RUU.

I'll try to flash it via cwm and report if it works.

Is there anything else to attend?

Thanks for all the archivements so far. The roms are very nice. Will enjoy them, when kb works.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Hi,
i have qwertz layout, cid is gone cause i flashed with goldcard to manage the htcdev RUU.

Thanks for all the archivements so far. The roms are very nice. Will enjoy them, when kb works.

I'm fckn happy, first method for me to get the kb working, after playing all night with file permissions and layout changes.

umlaute are working, @ at the right place... nice, really nice.
only thing, that is a bit twisted is the dialer. when typing a number with hw-keyboard without fn-key pressed, the numbers are all mixed up,
e.g. the x key(8) gives me a 9
the r(3) leads to a 7.

when entering sim pin, the layout is all correct.

Any idea, which file to modify for that

And thanks again, great work so far.

Reactions: adlx.xda

adlx.xda

Feb 4, 2010
Madrid
Cool, I'm glad it helped. Yeah,I know what is wrong with the dialer... I fixed it in the default I've, but it seems I forgot to fix it on the I other :/. OK That goes in the to-do list :)

Reactions: jova

jova

Aug 28, 2008
Cool, I'm glad it helped. Yeah,I know what is wrong with the dialer... I fixed it in the default I've, but it seems I forgot to fix it on the I other :/. OK That goes in the to-do list :)

Yep, it really helped. It was the only fixing, that was working for me.
Now my chacha is usable again;-) used cm7 for a Day now and no bug appeared so far.
To get the dialer working in the german version would be the bonus for me.

greets
;-)

adlx.xda

Feb 4, 2010
Madrid
Yep, it really helped. It was the only fixing, that was working for me.
Now my chacha is usable again;-) used cm7 for a Day now and no bug appeared so far.
To get the dialer working in the german version would be the bonus for me.

greets
;-)

I have uploaded a new version of the chacha-keypad-ger-signed.zip in the folder. Hopefully it should be fixed now (report is there is anything that was working before that isn't now).

EDIT: ara, fra, ger, rus, tai, steng updated. Should now have the dialpad working fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: jova

Cooper1985

Feb 2, 2007
I have the German phobne with qwertz layout. but i want to have qwerty one. like cha-cha -gen layout but only z and y cahnged. is it possible?

jova

Aug 28, 2008
I have uploaded a new version of the chacha-keypad-ger-signed.zip in the folder. Hopefully it should be fixed now (report is there is anything that was working before that isn't now).

EDIT: ara, fra, ger, rus, tai, steng updated. Should now have the dialpad working fine.

Yep, tried out, confirmed working, everything still working.

Really nice job, thanks again:)

mezolezo

Feb 25, 2008
Cairo
Thank you
I confirm that the english letters and numbers in the dailer are working super with the ARA new upadate but the arabic letters are a big mess . I am using parfieldMe arabic keyboard ver 4.0.382 and Go keyboard with arabic support but its mess with arabic letters layout
what i can do for u to help you fix this

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

Last edited:

dapaua

Dec 27, 2006
Barcelona
Thank you for this, adlx.

I cannot find the spanish one, is it "esn"?
Thank you very much for this, for SuperOSR for chacha and for everything you do for this phone.

adlx.xda

Feb 4, 2010
Madrid
Thank you
I confirm that the english letters and numbers in the dailer are working super with the ARA new upadate but the arabic letters are a big mess . I am using parfieldMe arabic keyboard ver 4.0.382 and Go keyboard with arabic support but its mess with arabic letters layout
what i can do for u to help you fix this

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

I have no idea how to fix that :-/... Do you mean the arabic letters are misplaced / you type a key and you get the wrong arabic caracter?

Maybe you could make a relation like that:

X --> A (char that should appear when typing key "X" now appears when typing key "A")

That could be useful, yet I can't promise I'll manage to fix it...

mezolezo

Feb 25, 2008
Cairo
I have no idea how to fix that :-/... Do you mean the arabic letters are misplaced / you type a key and you get the wrong arabic caracter?

Maybe you could make a relation like that:

X --> A (char that should appear when typing key "X" now appears when typing key "A")

That could be useful, yet I can't promise I'll manage to fix it...

thank you for you kind support here is what you asked me for

This is the Current Layout

Q > OK
W > OK
E > Shows V
R > Shows E
T > Shows R
Y > Shows T
U > Shows Y
I > Shows U
O > Shows I
P > Shows O
A > Ok
S > OK
D > OK
F > Ok
G > OK
H > OK
J > OK
K > OK
L > OK
Z > Shows Shift + ,
X > Shows ,
C > Shows Shift + B
V > C
B > Shift + .
N > Shift + D
M > Shift + J
? > N

There is alot of Arabic char is not exsit in the current layout
lets fix this and i will try to give the missing char like When You Should Press "P" , "Z" , "X" , "." .... etc

Also I found that the "*" and "#" is not working with both Dailer and normal typing

Last edited:

chubb16

Nov 25, 2010
I have the AT&T Status. I can not find my cid with that app, its not showing up after flashing cm7. The 0 doesn't work and all the "Alt" functions are different. What is the right key layout for the "Status"?

adlx.xda

Feb 4, 2010
Madrid
I have the AT&T Status. I can not find my cid with that app, its not showing up after flashing cm7. The 0 doesn't work and all the "Alt" functions are different. What is the right key layout for the "Status"?

Did you S-Off your phone using XTC clip? or Unlock using HTCdev web?

Could you share the /system/usr/keylayout and /system/usr/keychars folders from your stock rom?

adlx.xda

Feb 4, 2010
Madrid
thank you for you kind support here is what you asked me for

This is the Current Layout

Q > OK
W > OK
E > Shows V
R > Shows E
T > Shows R
Y > Shows T
U > Shows Y
I > Shows U
O > Shows I
P > Shows O
A > Ok
S > OK
D > OK
F > Ok
G > OK
H > OK
J > OK
K > OK
L > OK
Z > Shows Shift + ,
X > Shows ,
C > Shows Shift + B
V > C
B > Shift + .
N > Shift + D
M > Shift + J
? > N

There is alot of Arabic char is not exsit in the current layout
lets fix this and i will try to give the missing char like When You Should Press "P" , "Z" , "X" , "." .... etc

Also I found that the "*" and "#" is not working with both Dailer and normal typing

Thanks... the truth is I'm not sure how to handle that, because you said that the mapping was correct for english letters... If I change anything, like switching letters, it will affect also English /latin characters :-/. By chance do you know another phone, like G2 / Desize Z, Dext... that could have Arabic support (and work correctly)?

Reactions: mezolezo

chubb16

Nov 25, 2010
Did you S-Off your phone using XTC clip? or Unlock using HTCdev web?

Could you share the /system/usr/keylayout and /system/usr/keychars folders from your stock rom?

I used the htcdev site. Due to my over excitement 4am I forgot to back up the stock rom.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using xda premium

adlx.xda

Feb 4, 2010
Madrid

Could you try all the different files? I¡m not sure what is supposed to be the one for ATT Status (from the list in OP).

Reactions: chubb16

chubb16

Nov 25, 2010
Wait hold on. If I am in a number only text field like the dialer the number mapping is crazy, still gotta use the "alt" key to input the correct numbers. Weird.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THis thread is for people having key mapping issues with SuperOSR or CM:

If you have unlocked your Chacha using HTCdev unlock, install https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result, run the app to get your CID, then see in the following list the correspondig word.

For example, for CID HTC__044 it would be "steng".

Go to that page: http://goo.im/devs/adlx/chacha/keypads/

Get and flash: chacha-keypad-steng-signed.zip

If you did S-Off, you probably lost your CID, anyway you can try those patches. Name are pretty obvious anyway (countries).

keypad: CID:

ell <= ??;
    fra <= HTC__203, HTC__247, ORANG202, VODAP203, VODAP204;
    ara <= HTC__J15;
    esn <= HTC__304, VODAP304, VODAPD18, BSTAR301, ORANG309;
    ger <= HTC__102, O2___102, ORANG216, VODAP102, VODAP110, VODAP120;
    ita <= HTC__405, TIM__401;
    rus <= HTC__A07;
    hk <= ??;
    nor <= HTC__Y13;
    tur <= HTC__M27;
    bopomo <= HTC__621;
    cn <= HTCCN701;
    aw <= CWS__001; (HTC Status)
    tai <= HTC__053;
    steng <= HTC__044, HTC__622;

none? <= HTC__001, HTC__016, HTC__032, VIRGI001, HTC__E11, HTC__038, H3G__001, O2___001, ORANG001, ORANGB10, T-MOB005, VODAP001, VODAPE17, VODAP006, HTC__N34;

If you have issues, missing keys or such, please install KeyEvent Display and tell me, on your phone, what is the scancode of the key, what it does, and what it should do.
    hi, I installed the "bopomo" package (due to my cid). The keypad works great in almost every screen.. but I have a problem on the dialer.

When I enter a number, let's say "3" - it inputs a completely different number (6). When I input "1", I get "7", etc.

Is there a fix to this available? Would replacing the dialer APK fix this?

//pxd

I have updated the bopomo patch. please download again ;).
    Hi,

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Hi,

I'm fckn happy, first method for me to get the kb working, after playing all night with file permissions and layout changes.

umlaute are working, @ at the right place... nice, really nice.
    only thing, that is a bit twisted is the dialer. when typing a number with hw-keyboard without fn-key pressed, the numbers are all mixed up,
    e.g. the x key(8) gives me a 9
    the r(3) leads to a 7.

when entering sim pin, the layout is all correct.

Any idea, which file to modify for that

And thanks again, great work so far.
    (?) button in Arabic layout

i am asking if {(?) scan code (105)}
    button is coded to type (?) symbol only.
    because in Arabic layout with this keyboard it supposed to type ( ط) and (?)
    can you fix that