Can't receive texts from Tmobile

Search This thread

erasable

Jul 24, 2010
So as the title says I can't receive texts from Tmobile numbers. Don't know exactly when it started, approx. 1 week ago, but I was at one point able to receive them. I'll give you the background info...

Was originally with Tmobile, ported to google voice, then ported to boost, then ported to Sprint when I purchased E4GT. All over the course of about 3 months. I still owe Tmobile my eta, if it matters.

I am currently not rooted, EL29 modem. Was rooted, tried Calkins EL29, Blazer EL29, some ICS roms. Flashed back to stock EL29 unrooted.

Called customer service, they "reprogrammed" my phone, which on my end consisted of dialing ##my MIL number# and reentering my msid. Didn't fix it so now a network ticket was started.

So, any help or causes would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

erasable

Jul 24, 2010
Bump for help. Been on the phone with customer service 4 times, no help.

Grxmites

Nov 30, 2006
That happened to me a few weeks back. I was able to get text from ATT and I think Verizon except TMO. I had called them and they opened a ticket. They fixed it a week later as now it works fine. I'm not sure what they did but its something with the network not the phone.

Reactions: erasable

jhgti

Sep 24, 2010
KC
It is call a network ticket you can call advance custumer care and ask them to create one for you or take it to a repair center and ask a technician to get one in for you. Depending where you at it can take up to 72 hours

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda premium

Evil_4Genius

Jan 15, 2012
Ok you should consider the multiple Ports as the cause of the issue. As for the ticket, all they will do is ask for the t mobile telephone number you cannot receive text from. They will search that number to see if a message from it has hit sprints messaging platform. If they find it they will see where it was lost on the way and correct it. If they cannot find it then they will say that they cannot fix the issue if the message never hit sprints messing platform. Back to the port. Sometimes the port is corrupted and the phone will not work our will not have all of the features. Sprint will need to contact their number porting center tier 3 department and have them to change your KEN. GOOD LUCK.

erasable

Jul 24, 2010
Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I'll just have to be patient and let them fix it.

erasable

Jul 24, 2010
Just got off the phone after an hour with customer care. Still no success. Cant get to tier 3. Most of the reps act like they never heard of it. What does Ken stand for? Because they never heard of that either.

erasable

Jul 24, 2010
so this still isnt resolved after 3 ctms tickets. at what point would i have grounds to cancel without a etf?

erasable

Jul 24, 2010
The problem was with the routing, as suspected. The fix I assume was getting the intercarrier gateway to correct the settings they had for my phone. I called three or four times and they told me it would get fixed. It wasn't until I replied to a post on the Sprint community forum that I got any results. A Sprint employee that monitors those forums pm'd me and got the gems ticket process going. And it still took two tries for them to get it right.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That happened to me a few weeks back. I was able to get text from ATT and I think Verizon except TMO. I had called them and they opened a ticket. They fixed it a week later as now it works fine. I'm not sure what they did but its something with the network not the phone.
    It is call a network ticket you can call advance custumer care and ask them to create one for you or take it to a repair center and ask a technician to get one in for you. Depending where you at it can take up to 72 hours

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda premium
    Ok you should consider the multiple Ports as the cause of the issue. As for the ticket, all they will do is ask for the t mobile telephone number you cannot receive text from. They will search that number to see if a message from it has hit sprints messaging platform. If they find it they will see where it was lost on the way and correct it. If they cannot find it then they will say that they cannot fix the issue if the message never hit sprints messing platform. Back to the port. Sometimes the port is corrupted and the phone will not work our will not have all of the features. Sprint will need to contact their number porting center tier 3 department and have them to change your KEN. GOOD LUCK.