[HOWTO] Enable MobileData and ADD MORE in your Notification Panel [UPDATED 1-24-14]

Search This thread

DoctorQMM

Feb 24, 2011
Cbass15: trying to add a toggle for "screen off" (t turn screen off from notification panel).... is there a variable name (i.e.,"DisplayOff", or"ScreenOff", or ?) that I can add to settings.db for this kind of toggle function? Thx

Cbass15

Mar 4, 2012
Franklin, OH
Cbass15: trying to add a toggle for "screen off" (t turn screen off from notification panel).... is there a variable name (i.e.,"DisplayOff", or"ScreenOff", or ?) that I can add to settings.db for this kind of toggle function? Thx

I'm not really sure. You could always try both. But I'd make a backup first just in case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

pkopalek

Feb 11, 2010
Buffalo, NY
So no flashlight....

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Flashlight and Screen Off would be clutch.

Note: I came to this thread for my Verizon Note II on the rooted stock 4.3. It works EXACTLY THE SAME.

Also looking for a flashlight or Screen Off here! Maybe it's worth looking at an old 4.1.2 ROM that HAD those toggles available, and seeing (maybe the variable syntax is the same)?

Reactions: mofotrucker

Cbass15

Mar 4, 2012
Franklin, OH
For flashlight to work it would have to be built into the rom I'm assuming. I'm not too sure about screen off. :eek:

Reactions: mofotrucker

bdd786

Mar 18, 2009
I tried putting number of icons to 0 but still there are 10 icons showed up. Can i make it completely invisible (not to come in notification panel)

Jasoninaz

Feb 13, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
www.clientrescue.com
So I stole this from another rom.

There was a lot of trial and error for all of these and I"m running the stock decodexed DSNE5v1 Android 4.4.2. I loved the
[4.4.2] DN3 V5(Ditto Note 3) ROM for SGH-i317, SGH-i317M, N7105 from Electron Team (E-Team) 6-29-14 but it jacked with my GPS as I do geocaching and I just can't be lost but I loved the panel so I stole the panel and they all work. Some of them are long press to work.

Notification_panel_active_app_list_for_reset
Wifi;Location;SilentMode;AutoRotate;Bluetooth;Ebook;MobileData;NetworkBooster;UltraPowerSaving;MultiWindow;Toolbox;WiFiHotspot;AllShareCast;SBeam;Nfc;Sync;SmartStay;SmartPause;SmartScroll;PowerSaving;DormantMode;AirplaneMode;AirGesture;DrivingMode;CarMode;PersonalMode;TouchSensitivity;

Notification_panel_active_app_list
Wifi;Location;SilentMode;AutoRotate;Bluetooth;Ebook;MobileData;NetworkBooster;UltraPowerSaving;MultiWindow;Toolbox;WiFiHotspot;AllShareCast;SBeam;Nfc;Sync;SmartStay;SmartPause;SmartScroll;PowerSaving;DormantMode;AirplaneMode;AirGesture;DrivingMode;CarMode;PersonalMode;TouchSensitivity;

Notification_panel_active_number_of_apps_for_reset

Notification_panel_active_number_of_apps

notification_panel_default_active_app_list

baldusiek

Nov 1, 2012
Hello I don't know about some of you guys, but I turn my MobileData off and on all day long.. And I noticed that there wasn't a toggle for data on the AT&T Variant of 4.3 so I did some research and I found out there is a way how to enable the MobileData toggle in the Notification Panel!

Here's how..

1. You'll want to download SQLite Editor from here... (http://d-h.st/MQD)

2. Then once the app opens and everything loads, you then want to scroll down until you see Settings storage click it.

3. Click "settings.db"

4. Click "system"

5. Now here is the tricky part your going to want to look for "notification_panel_active_app_list" NOT notification_panel_default_active_app_list

6. Long press on it and click "Edit Record"

7. Where it says value you'll see all your notification panel toggles..click all down and add "MobileData;"

8. Once you do that click save and reboot! :cool:

WIFIHOTSPOT:

Follow the same steps as above but Add "WiFiHotspot;" using the listed instructions no quotes and note the semicolon at the end. Also, its case-sensitive.

To add both mobile data and WiFi AP, it will look like this:

MobileData;WiFiHotspot;

Save, reboot, then add the toggles in settings. (thanks @taranis17)

gyrunyta.jpg

IF YOU ARE GETTING THIS ERROR!!!

Please run TB restore fixer (link below), and try again as it SHOULD fix your problem. ;)

LINKS

TB RESTORE FIXER
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viper.tbrestorefixerfree&hl=en

WANT 12 TOGGLES INSTEAD OF 10?

Another useful option here is:

notification_panel_active_number_of_apps

it can be set to a slightly larger number if there is not enough slots for all the switches you want (changed from 10 to 12 in my case). Both settings and the panel itself will reflect the change upon restart. (THANKS @avich)

Thank You for providing this info but apparently on my S4 Active with 4.4.2 NE I had to write MobileData in BOTH to get it working:
"notification_panel_active_app_list" & "notification_panel_default_active_app_list"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello I don't know about some of you guys, but I turn my MobileData off and on all day long.. And I noticed that there wasn't a toggle for data on the AT&T Variant of 4.3 so I did some research and I found out there is a way how to enable the MobileData toggle in the Notification Panel!

Here's how..

1. You'll want to download SQLite Editor from here... (http://d-h.st/MQD)

2. Then once the app opens and everything loads, you then want to scroll down until you see Settings storage click it.

3. Click "settings.db"

4. Click "system"

5. Now here is the tricky part your going to want to look for "notification_panel_active_app_list" NOT notification_panel_default_active_app_list

6. Long press on it and click "Edit Record"

7. Where it says value you'll see all your notification panel toggles..click all down and add "MobileData;"

8. Once you do that click save and reboot! :cool:

WIFIHOTSPOT:

Follow the same steps as above but Add "WiFiHotspot;" using the listed instructions no quotes and note the semicolon at the end. Also, its case-sensitive.

MobileData;WiFiHotspot;

Save, reboot, then add the toggles in settings. (thanks @taranis17)

gyrunyta.jpg

IF YOU ARE GETTING THIS ERROR!!!

Please run TB restore fixer (link below), and try again as it SHOULD fix your problem. ;)

LINKS

TB RESTORE FIXER
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viper.tbrestorefixerfree&hl=en

WANT 12 TOGGLES INSTEAD OF 10?

it can be set to a slightly larger number if there is not enough slots for all the switches you want (changed from 10 to 12 in my case). Both settings and the panel itself will reflect the change upon restart. (THANKS @avich)
    You guys are very welcome!!! :)

Is there a simple way to add others that I grew fond of under Lidroid 15 Toggle Mod, like Mobile Hot Spot, and Flash Light?

I will find out that. I know I can add wifi hotspot and the flashlight toggle.

It's just if the Fiancé allows me to be on the computer... Had a little talk the other day and she said I've been ignoring her.. And spending to much time on computer ;)

Is there a simple way to add others that I grew fond of under Lidroid 15 Toggle Mod, like Mobile Hot Spot, and Flash Light?

Yes. Add "WiFiHotspot;" using the listed instructions No quotes and note the semicolon at the end. Also, its case-sensitive.

MobileData;WiFiHotspot;

Save, reboot, then add the toggles in settings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

it can be set to a slightly larger number if there is not enough slots for all the switches you want (changed from 10 to 12 in my case). Both settings and the panel itself will reflect the change upon restart.