[Q] VS98012B Stock Rooted, Can I Update?

Search This thread

betoroid

Apr 25, 2011
So i have the Verizon version of the LG G2. A few months ago I decided to root and do the tether hack bypass. Lately i've been ignoring the OTA update to Kit Kat 4.4. I didn't want lose root and tethering capabilities. However, I'm tired of having to ignore those damn pop-ups to update that I'm willing to go ahead and update and lose root and tethering abilities. I am wondering if accepting the root would cause my phone to brick? The phone is completely stock with root and tether hack ONLY. Please let me know, thanks.

Last edited:

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
So i have the Verizon version of the LG G2. A few months ago I decided to root and do the tether hack bypass. Lately i've been ignoring the OTA update to Kit Kat 4.4. I didn't want lose root and tethering capabilities. However, I'm tired of having to ignore those damn pop-ups to update that I'm willing to go ahead and update and lose root and tethering abilities. I am wondering if accepting the root would cause my phone to brick? The phone is completely stock with root and tether hack ONLY. Please let me know, thanks.

seeing as you are complete stock without custom recovery the ota can succeed no problem but the tether hack may trigger the "your device is suspected of rooting flag" and ota will fail