falling from a 30cm table proves ZAGG is worthless

Search This thread

CaptainMaki

Jun 26, 2011
My HTC Aria fell from 30cm table accidentally, and quite gently actually. the glass is completely shattered in the upper part of the phone.

Really disappointed at ZAGG. was paying more to get more protection, and it seems that "3 for a buck" screen protectors in eBay would have the exact same result.

slapshot136

Oct 27, 2010
screen protectors are to protect the screen from scratches/etc. - you want a rubber case to prevent fall damage (that and avoid dropping it.. )

CaptainMaki

Jun 26, 2011
the phone didn't had rubber case, but the fall was very short and it fell on the screen side. I don't think that a rubber case would have helped here..

Last edited:
screen protectors are to protect the screen from scratches/etc. - you want a rubber case to prevent fall damage (that and avoid dropping it.. )

Yeah, I agree with this. Looks like the OP has completely missed the point of a screen protector here. You wouldn't expect to put a thin sheet of plastic on a window and then throw a brick at it and expect it to stop the glass smashing, same thing applies here.

While I have gone off ZAGG as a company due to their products not being as good as others on the market (in my opinion!), they are definately not at fault here.

Reactions: madquack

luftrofl

Jul 18, 2010
San Francisco
My HTC Aria fell from 30cm table accidentally, and quite gently actually. the glass is completely shattered in the upper part of the phone.

Really disappointed at ZAGG. was paying more to get more protection, and it seems that "3 for a buck" screen protectors in eBay would have the exact same result.

You're disappointed that it doesn't do what it did not claim to do? Then you have no one to blame but yourself.

madquack

May 12, 2010
Should have gotten a case man. It's no one's fault but your own. All the folks above me who posted are 100% right. Maybe you'll learn your lesson next time.

NoBodysGamer

Apr 26, 2012
Screen protectors have Hardness rating, its Number with letter H, like 2H or 4H, the higher the number the better is shutter protection.

The best protectors are tempered glass, they cost 40$ but they worth the price, its full protection, you cant cut vegetables on top of it.

Also good plastic protector should help, H4 and higher should be enough for small drops like this.

Logically no full body case can help, even the best pones wont help if it falls on a stone corner face down, but the tempered glass will help..

Ripley

Apr 23, 2012
A cheap $3 case would have saved your screen. Don't blame the tool when it's the wrong tool for the job

papabear

May 10, 2007
Hell
I beg to differ on this. The Zagg kept your glass from crack/shattering everywhere and kept it contained. I would say it definitely did it's job.
Last year my HD2 got knocked out of my hand, hit glass-first on the asphault. Yes, the glass cracked, but the screen protector kept it front falling out. My digitizer was not affected, so overall I can still use the phone. But had it not been for the protector on it (which was zagg, btw) the glass would have been all over the place and would not be able to use the phone at all due to possibly being cut by the broken glass.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ZAGG is the Beats by Dre of screen protectors.

Yeah, I agree with this. Looks like the OP has completely missed the point of a screen protector here. You wouldn't expect to put a thin sheet of plastic on a window and then throw a brick at it and expect it to stop the glass smashing, same thing applies here.

While I have gone off ZAGG as a company due to their products not being as good as others on the market (in my opinion!), they are definately not at fault here.

You're disappointed that it doesn't do what it did not claim to do? Then you have no one to blame but yourself.
    A cheap $3 case would have saved your screen. Don't blame the tool when it's the wrong tool for the job