[WIDGET][4.0+] Event Flow Calendar Widget

Search This thread

Syncd

Nov 17, 2013
Yes, yet another calendar widget trying to take over one of your homescreens. This one might just be able to...

Hi guys,

This is a simple calendar widget, that strives to be clean, beautiful and useful.
Main features:
- 2 widgets: agenda and calendar
- Agenda shows weather information
- Several configuration options: widget looks, fonts, colors

Some of the configuration options are locked and only available on the premium version (upgradable in the app). Anyway, i believe that the unlocked options are enough to make it useful. If you don't agree, leave some feedback please.

Get it on Google Play or here.

Some screenshots:

iG9Qdm8.png
Atj23t3.png

jXjxMNg.png
YzoiARy.png

Hope you like it and would love to hear some feedback.

Last edited:

vargen

Jul 25, 2008
Love it, but I would like to see some options, for example hide "no events" select how many days to get weather for, hide icons, a completely transparent theme and possibility to buy it in play store.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

leongzxc

Oct 14, 2011
great job, OP!

loving it and currently using the calendar widget on my main homescreen! :)
set it to white background.

however, there are certain issues when its being resized too small..
the dates scaled but it cuts off half, showing only 1-14 instead of 1-30/31.

Reactions: Syncd

Syncd

Nov 17, 2013
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'll try to answer some of the questions.

Love it, but I would like to see some options, for example hide "no events" select how many days to get weather for, hide icons, a completely transparent theme and possibility to buy it in play store.

Your points are fair. I've tried to strike a balance between too much and too few options, but maybe i haven't found it yet.
Anyway, here are some explanations:

- The "no events" label only appear if you select "show weather" and there's weather information for that day, but no events. To show the weather information i had to show something on the description, hence the "no events" label (it doesn't appear if you choose not to show the weather). But an option to control it is something i will consider.

- I'm thinking on the hide icons option (it obviosly isn't difficult to implement, but like i said, i'm trying to keep the settings screen relatively approachable, so i must think on how to incorporate it). Right now you can hide the settings button, but that may not be enough.

- There's no predefined completly transparent theme, but you can make one by changing the day and header background to transparent (just slide the opacity bar all the way to the left). In the agenda view those settings are locked, but you can see how they work in calendar view. Now, i understand that it might be "harsh" requiring people to buy the premium version to have full transparency, but i had to lock some options...

- Regarding the possibility of buying it in the Play Store, i just thought that the In App billing process was "cleaner" and more straightforward for people who wanted to upgrade. I really couldn't think of any advantage of having a separate "key" app in the Play Store vs the In App billing, but maybe i'm missing something.

great job, OP!

loving it and currently using the calendar widget on my main homescreen! :)
set it to white background.

however, there are certain issues when its being resized too small..
the dates scaled but it cuts off half, showing only 1-14 instead of 1-30/31.

Yeah, that's by design, and it probably works well for some people, and doesn't work for other people. If the widget is resized to less than 2 rows it shows only 2 weeks. Initially i didn't have that way, it showed all the weeks regardless of the widget size and it was scrollable, but i was having some trouble making it look "right" so i choose this route. I might revisit this though.

By the way, i should add a disclaimer here: the calendar view is heavily inspired by a "prototype" that Roman Nurik (from Google and dashclock fame) made. I didn't just copy it, as it has added functionality, but i was heavily inspired by it (and that's why the calendar view is completly free)

It looks really nice.
Would be even nicer if the font size (or the whole widget) was adjustable to something smaller

Adjustable font sizes, or at least a selection of 2 different font sizes are something i plan to explore. Can't promise it will be released as it must look "right", but i'll look into it.

Once again, thank you very much for the feedback.

Reactions: B_B_

neFAST

Nov 9, 2013
ASUS ZenFone 8
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Adjustable font sizes, or at least a selection of 2 different font sizes are something i plan to explore. Can't promise it will be released as it must look "right", but i'll look into it.
Thanks again for taking time to read our feedback. I don't think you need to go deep in term of font/margin size options but something like Gmail "Comfortable / Cozy / Compact" would rock!

Reactions: B_B_

Syncd

Nov 17, 2013
Thanks again for taking time to read our feedback. I don't think you need to go deep in term of font/margin size options but something like Gmail "Comfortable / Cozy / Compact" would rock!

Yeah, i was thinking of doing something like that. I was considering only 2 options, but including 3 named like GMail makes more sense indeed. I'll test it ti make sure it looks good (the width of the left sidebar can be tricky, in fact, it might have to stay the same, but it might not matter).

Bought it... Great looking App at a fair price... Replaced all my previous calendar Widgets apps...
Congrats!

Enviado do meu Nexus 7 através de Tapatalk

Obrigado. Glad you like it.

Syncd

Nov 17, 2013
A new version (v1.2.9) was published today, with some common requested features:

- Change text size options
- Theme selection dialog with preview
- Widget header configuration options
- UI Tweaks (better touch feedback, changed separator between days)

It should be available soon.

Hope you like it.

Atj23t3.png

Reactions: amarjit_rsingh

Bartack

Dec 10, 2013
I can't see a full month on the homescreen. I only see 1 week. Even when I use 4x4.
How can I solve this?

Syncd

Nov 17, 2013
I can't see a full month on the homescreen. I only see 1 week. Even when I use 4x4.
How can I solve this?

You're talking about the month widget right?

It should only show 1 week when it is resized to 1 row...

Could you please tell me what version of android, device and launcher you have.

Thanks

Syncd

Nov 17, 2013
I have Android 4.1.1
It is a stock HTC Desire X

Thanks for the info. I'll try to borrow a HTC to see if i can solve it.

tihs looks amazing, will def give it a go. any chance you can add to do list app support like pure calendar widget? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.koxx.pure_calendar - if i can see Any.DO and Calendar in your widget i'd uninstall pure calendar widget right now.

Hi, tasks integration is something we'll look into, but can't promise to implement. Even if we implement it, the first target will be Google tasks, and then maybe other task management solutions (like Any.DO). You see, for tasks there aren't one or two general accepted apps, and we don't have the man power to integrate with them all...

Reactions: HTCore

StephenMilone

Nov 10, 2009
New York
Hi, tasks integration is something we'll look into, but can't promise to implement. Even if we implement it, the first target will be Google tasks, and then maybe other task management solutions (like Any.DO). You see, for tasks there aren't one or two general accepted apps, and we don't have the man power to integrate with them all...

Totally understood, thanks for the quick reply.

Reactions: Syncd

onlavu

Jan 21, 2011
Opava
www.facebook.com
agenda view which is my favourite one looks really amazing. consider adding Google tasks support and I can tell you I would switch to this app (Google calendar and Gogle tasks support in one app is my top priority). good work, looking forward to future updates!

Reactions: HTCore

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, yet another calendar widget trying to take over one of your homescreens. This one might just be able to...

Hi guys,

This is a simple calendar widget, that strives to be clean, beautiful and useful.
    Main features:
    - 2 widgets: agenda and calendar
    - Agenda shows weather information
    - Several configuration options: widget looks, fonts, colors

Some of the configuration options are locked and only available on the premium version (upgradable in the app). Anyway, i believe that the unlocked options are enough to make it useful. If you don't agree, leave some feedback please.

Get it on Google Play or here.

Some screenshots:

iG9Qdm8.png
    Atj23t3.png

jXjxMNg.png
    YzoiARy.png

Hope you like it and would love to hear some feedback.

support for google tasks would be fantastic!
    Lovely widget! Got the pro version in less than a minute of use! Could we assign a custom action upon tapping on the weather icon, like another weather app launching?

Sorry, that would imply having more than one action associated with each element in the list, which would have serious performance implications.

2uze8ymy.jpg

Hi, has anyone faced this problem? It happened to me after switching to miui launcher from the market :( thanks.

Yeah, that happens with some launchers (Dodol and Buzz that i know of). Apparently they don't report the correct dimensions to the widget, so it thinks it only has one row of space.

For now the only solution is change the launcher. I'm thinking of adding an option to disable the automatic resize and choose the number of weeks shown.
    Anybody tested with android 5?
    Yes, I do use it with cm12.1 (based on 5.1.1) and Nova launcher and it works flawlessly :)