[Q] tethering problem

Search This thread

kamranhaghighi

Apr 8, 2012
Orgrimmar
hi, i used to do it just fine but its few days

my pc doesn't have wi-fi so i connect to wi-fi with my phone and tether it to pc using usb

i ran speed test and it gives me 1.28mbps in pc and 2.7mbps in phone ! (sometimes 0.28mbps in pc !)

i play team fortress 2 on my pc fine, no lags, but sometimes ( so often) i get connection problem auto dc in 30 seconds which ends always EXACTLY at 20.0 ! sounds weird!

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
You might have to use another app that hides your activities such as PDANet or Clockwork Tether. Unfortunately though they do have free versions, they have limitations that might get annoying if you don't pay for the premium service. Another option would be a custom rom that has the tethering provisions removed already. Oh yea, if you are still on the stock rom, check for some kind of tetheringprovision.apk in /system/app. If there is anything like that in there, if you freeze it or rename it, that might help as well. Just hard to be more concrete with suggestions as carriers can have their own ways to trip up tethering usage vs others and it might just be a glitch, or they have something set up to make this a pain.

Reactions: kamranhaghighi

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Try PdaNet+. There's a free version you can try to see if everything works. It times out after about 10 minutes and you have to reconnect. To connect via USB it requires a companion program to be installed on your PC. Try it a bunch of times and see if you can replicate the problem. If not, go ahead and pay $8 for the key to unlock the full version, which doesn't time out. If the problem persists, I'd have to guess that it's an issue with your carrier. Or it could be an issue with another app or mod that you're using that is causing an issue.

Reactions: kamranhaghighi

kamranhaghighi

Apr 8, 2012
Orgrimmar
Thanks , it stoped! Didn't make any change!

Will check these of it came back!

Also it's around my exams and I don't have time check it;) thanks anyway

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You might have to use another app that hides your activities such as PDANet or Clockwork Tether. Unfortunately though they do have free versions, they have limitations that might get annoying if you don't pay for the premium service. Another option would be a custom rom that has the tethering provisions removed already. Oh yea, if you are still on the stock rom, check for some kind of tetheringprovision.apk in /system/app. If there is anything like that in there, if you freeze it or rename it, that might help as well. Just hard to be more concrete with suggestions as carriers can have their own ways to trip up tethering usage vs others and it might just be a glitch, or they have something set up to make this a pain.
    Try PdaNet+. There's a free version you can try to see if everything works. It times out after about 10 minutes and you have to reconnect. To connect via USB it requires a companion program to be installed on your PC. Try it a bunch of times and see if you can replicate the problem. If not, go ahead and pay $8 for the key to unlock the full version, which doesn't time out. If the problem persists, I'd have to guess that it's an issue with your carrier. Or it could be an issue with another app or mod that you're using that is causing an issue.