[ROM][ICS 4.0.4] ::DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4:: [v0 "Pre-Release"][UVLH1][8.28.2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

expl0it4

Oct 29, 2011
Lockport, IL
Had a weird issue where when I tried to open a program that requested root permissions it froze the phone, it eventually became responsive again but titanium was still at "waiting for root permissions" or whatever it said. Few minutes later flood of popups from supersu asking to deny/grant. Same with apex launcher. After it was granted everything is back to normal, just found that odd.

Mar 31, 2012
Linden
Had a weird issue where when I tried to open a program that requested root permissions it froze the phone, it eventually became responsive again but titanium was still at "waiting for root permissions" or whatever it said. Few minutes later flood of popups from supersu asking to deny/grant. Same with apex launcher. After it was granted everything is back to normal, just found that odd.

It's going to happen from time to time it's is after all still just a leak weather it's tmo or not... It's still a leak.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

casonswag

Aug 31, 2011
Jacksonville

I think its cause of this new super su app that replaced the superuser app i never used this one before

jr_718

Jul 10, 2011
Very true.. I read all the complaints I can understand all Devices are.not made equal. Despite all that I thought it was already established that this great from was built from a leak..and for a leak I guarantee its still better than what T-Mobile is yet to release..hats off to you Derek..you did a lot of work and improvement. If people can't see that I say try other rom. I know for sure they will come back here:D

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

ellac49

Nov 17, 2010
Denver
Anyone Getting random Vibrations? Only happens when using some apps! Wtf??
Also some apps pop up a fc message after vibrating twice! Also getting some lag!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Random vibrations as well, have not been able to reproduce.. let us know if you want logcats

great work and thank you

seshsud

May 15, 2011
So the screen timeout setting is not being respected. Initially it was 30 secs, changed it to 2 minutes...and the display doesnt go off after 2 minutes...
EDIT: Must have been something running in the background...did a reboot now it seems to work.

Btw, an app called "battery" seems pretty useful, it displays the % on the notification area and when you pull it down it says % remaining and time left....:)

Last edited:

jovy23

Jan 23, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Has anyone in here checked their phones cpu frequency with apps like voltage control, no frills, or cpu tuner? What do you have your frequencies set on because whenever i check, both my minimum frequency and current frequency are on 1512ghz.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Last edited:

damngood98

Sep 7, 2009
Detroit
Random vibrations as well, have not been able to reproduce.. let us know if you want logcats

great work and thank you

if you're experiencing issues like this why not do a logcat? as long as you've following the op completely (not on touch recovery,etc...) a logcat can only help the dev, which in turn helps the entire community. :)

that being said, have you tried flash tdj's cache wiping/permission fixing zip?

suaverc118

Mar 19, 2012
Guys is there a way for me to get all my apps back with titanium without clicking one by one? Also do you think I can run one of gideons scripts with this? Thanks!

Ascarface23

Apr 23, 2011
Miami florida
Has anyone in here checked their phones cpu frequency with apps like voltage control, no frills, or cpu tuner? What do you have your frequencies set on because whenever i check, both my minimum frequency and current frequency are on 1512ghz.

use i cpu tuner like set cpu and u can change min/max freq.... i got mine set to 1250/345 and sleep to 445/345 .....i got over 19 hours and almost 5 hours screen on time testing this build before release

blorgy

Nov 12, 2008
I'm actually running into this issues well. No matter what I set the Lock Automatically setting to, it always locks immediately. Have rebooted several times and see the same results. Definitely not a deal breaker for me as I typically use pattern unlock and set it to immediately lock anyways. Just makes it a little difficult to use the face unlock feature all the time.

LoopDoGG79

Feb 26, 2012
Modesto, Cali

Have u tried using cpu spy? When i check it, it shows the cpu has been in several frequencys, and if left with the sceen off for a considerable amount of time, it had around a 80% deep sleep time.

Hagarza

Oct 26, 2010
Good stuff I tell ya!

Attachments

• shot_000005.jpg
    shot_000005.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 365

kkholidaze

Apr 11, 2010
After radio change, I'm getting like double the speed. Almost 15 down! Still waiting on an answer for this. How do you switch from 4G to 3g? It was mentioned before as an option.

Edit: also still getting call echo over speakerphone

>>sent from my TMO GalaxyS2 far, far away!

Last edited:

jovy23

Jan 23, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Have u tried using cpu spy? When i check it, it shows the cpu has been in several frequencys, and if left with the sceen off for a considerable amount of time, it had around a 80% deep sleep time.

Yeah i just checked i had 46% on 384mhz, 5% on 1512Mhz and 10% on deep sleep time. I guess even if it shows 1512mhz as the minimum, it is really actually on 384mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][ICS 4.0.4] ::DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4:: [v0 "Pre-Release"][UVLH1][8.28.2012]

*WARNING! I Am Not Responsible For Anything That Happens To Your Device*

:: DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 ::

..A DARKSIDE DEVELOPMENT..

** PLEASE READ ENTIRE OP THOROUGHLY BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS OR REPORTING ANY BUGS **

:: SUGGESTED RECOVERY ::

>>> TWRP RECOVERY 2.2.0 <<<

Included:

CLEAN, FAST, SMOOTH, & FULLY FUNCTIONAL !!!
    • Enhanced/Optimized Stock ICS ROM - *VERY MINOR* visual changes
    • UVLH1 4.0.4 Based ROM (TMO-T989 Official)
    • 3.0.8 Stock Kernel w/ Modified ramdisk << Waiting on source...
    • NO ECHO
    • Rooted
    • Deodexed
    • Busybox
    • bash
    • Zipaligned
    • Zipalign on boot
    • Removed "BLOAT"
    • Init.d support
    • Boot animation support
    • 5x4x5 TouchWiz Modified Launcher
    • Added Scrolling Wallpaper support
    • Fixed Gallery3D to support scrolling or static wallpapers w/ TW Launcher
    • Customizable 15 toggle quick panel (Thanks to @lengendk95)
    • Added Recovery & Download to Power Menu
    • Enabled SIP Calling over WiFi and 3g/4g
    • MMS Enhancements
    • Battery Notification disabled
    • DARKSIDE scripts
    • sysrw/sysro scripts
    • Enabled "Stay Awake" in Development Settings
    • SGS2 International shutdown/boot animation
    • Removed AM/PM from status bar
    • Updated Framework
    • Updated Statusbar
    • Samsung Keyboard, Swype, and ICS stock Keyboard
    • Fixed ADB
    • Enabled statubar brightness slider thingy
    • Removed Exchange security policy
    • BLN support

Working:
    • DATA
    • WIFI
    • WIFI CALLING
    • GPS
    • BLUETOOTH
    • WIRELESS TETHER
    • USB TETHER
    • MMS
    • MMS OVER WIFI CALLING

Known Issues:
    • Reboot/Shutdown Hangs: Scroll down to the >>> MODS <<< section and read the DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE description...

Pro Tips:
    • Coming soon...

Instructions on flashing DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION:

* FULL WIPE ALWAYS *

01. Download ROM (Link is Below)
    02. BACKUP ALL APPS with preferred method (ie: Rom Toolbox, Titanium, My Backup, etc..)
    03. Place ROM on ROOT of your SD card. (ie: /sdcard)
    04. Boot into Recovery Mode
    05. Do a NAND BACKUP!!!
    06. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE (OPTIONAL - ROM will do this by default)
    07. Flash an ICS ready radio (Links below)
    08. Flash ROM.
    09. After flashing is complete, Reboot...
    10. Let device sit for 10min without touching, then reboot.
    11. Done!

Please don't start flashing any mods that were not done by me! Unless the mod was specifically made for this rom, with parts from this rom. Don't flash any radios unless they're specifically for ICS, the ril from gb roms will cause phone not to boot.

I know that ICS is new and a lot of people are unfamiliar. You must read! Please don't think ICS is anything similar to gingerbread.

My Change Log:
    Code:
    [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]
    [B]DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 [8.29.2012] [v0][/B]

* "Pre-Release" 
    [/FONT]

** PLEASE respect my work and ask before posting mirrors or using any parts **

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

>>> DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 v0 <<<
    [DOWNLOAD HERE]
    [8.29.2012]

md5: a4e9c5e0dcd059867e490c44b1dc6003

THIS WILL SUPER.WIPE BY DEFAULT! BACK UP YOUR APPS!

:: SCREENSHOTS ::
    Screenshot_2012-05-12-11-42-21.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-09.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-01.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-57.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-37.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-16-10.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-13-04.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-16-22.jpg

:: TW Launcher 5x4x4 MOD ::
    Screenshot_2012-05-12-11-12-12.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-26-00.jpg

Kernel Source [FOUND HERE]
    Fire powwwwwwah!

>>> RADIOS <<<

>>> Tmo UVLE1 ICS MODIFIED RADIO <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

md5: 2d4f9b49780c2181c476e8c075ee41eb

>>> Tmo UVLC8 ICS MODIFIED RADIO <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

md5: 25b9d39fd866c5fe86d547d730ba2da8

**I HAVE REMOVED THE RILS FROM THESE RADIOS! PLEASE USE THESE RADIOS IF YOU WANT GPS AND DATA TO WORK WITHOUT ISSUE! PLEASE DONT REPORT ANY DATA/GPS LOSS IF ON ANY OTHER RADIO BECAUSE I ALREADY KNOW**

>>> TOOLS <<<

>>> DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE <<<

md5: c72773dd349b6e2656e72e6273a26cdb

>>> DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE <<<

md5: b00eba3c7f647b6235aa32a11f25fc2a

"so that is the reason for the darkside.cache.wipe... because you cant wipe the cache in recovery... recovery as in CWM right? except through script like in your Darkside.cache.wipe?" (Quote from @Rushing)

ONLY USE THIS IF YOU NEED TO WIPE CACHE'S OR FIX PERMISSIONS IN CLOCKWORK MOD RECOVERY. THIS IS TO BE FLASHED IN RECOVERY! This replaces the need for using the broken built in CWM recovery functions. The DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE script will wipe both the /cache partition and the dalvik cache. After its has completed the wipe, it will then fix permissions (the correct way). This should hopefully fix that damn ICS reboot hang issue once and for all.

>>> MODS <<<

>>> Volume Wake <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

Here is where I stand after a lot of thought on all this.. I am a firm believer in pushing the community forward. Innovation, creativity, and originality are the keys into doing this. I am definetly not happy with the way people act around here, especially some of the new "devs". There is no sense in not helping the community when I am able. I know that I can deliver a solid ROM based off the stock Samsung firmware. It will continue along the line of minimal ui changes and focus more on ux. Updates will not be as rapid and before, but development will be consistent until I am happy with where the project ends up. I will be moving in 2 days, so I don't think I will have anything ready for another week or so. This is not an eta, just letting you know where I am at... let's do the damn thing and show them that there feeble skills are no match for the power of the DARKSIDE!
    If anyone is still interested.. Expect an update with the new UVLH1 android 4.0.4. NO ETA..

Taking requests for things people would like to see.. will not guarantee I will implement everything suggested.. but open for ideas
    I will be releasing v2 BETA01 tonight. V2 rebases of the uvcl8 t989 base and gives us back all functionality. Base is stable and screaming fast. Plus I know a lot of people will be happy to get wifi calling back... no exact time, but sometime tonight for sure. Still a few things that I have to do.. but I know u guys will be more than happy with my progress. To note, everything works within the rom

:: DARKSIDE ::

"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions..."