[MOD][15DEC]ExtSd2InternalSd v5.5|Increase your data storage|100% Working|

Search This thread

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare
Hello folks,
i'm new of gnote2 but not of android. I'm a php developer and I like to play with my android devices and Linux but I'm surely not a king on Linux :) little more than a newbie :)

But first of all i want to describe the scenario:

THE PROBLEM
Since in the past i had a desire hd and i had a normal management of internal memory and sd as separate process my problem is to have a similar management on my gnote2. Also i have 16gb version of gnote2 and i want install a lot of apps!!! Also i have a 64gb sd card available. I have noticed that my gnote2 installs all on internal sd also and apps download all their resources on internal sd. So with some heavy games and heavy app the internal memory became quickly full!!!

THE SOLUTION
My aim so became to use the external sd as internal sd and internal sd ONLY for apps installation so became used as internal memory!
And... yes after a while i have to make this working!!! So now my 64gb external sd is used for all tasks which the internal sd was used and the internal sd is only used for apps storage!! All extra files (resources, caches, etc etc) are stored in my external SD!!

Also if i want to see the internal memory management i can see that now my phone has 64gb internal memory and 16gb external!! WOOW :)

HOW TO GET IT >>> VERY SIMPLE

Thanks to ashwin123 for this amazing video

Mod for exfat Sd Card for custom kernel
Mod for fat32 Sd Card for custom kernel

Mod for exfat Sd Card for stock kernel with init.d support
Mod for fat32 Sd Card for stock kernel with init.d support

WHAT YOU NEED
  • International galaxy note 2 with root, insicure kernel and kernel with init.d support
  • External sd card class 4 or superior. (you can try with class 2 also and tell us how it goes)
  • Rom with init.d support (if not init.d support see below)
  • My file attached

THE GUIDE
First of all make a nandroid backup!! I'm not responsable for any problem! You make this procedure at your risk!!!
  1. Format external sd card from your pc as fat32 or extfat
  2. Copy attached zip in you external sd. Choose the right zip. If you have formatted your sd as fat32 choose _fat32 version, if the filesystem is extfat choose _extfat version
  3. Go into recovery
  4. Flash the zip
  5. Reboot and....enjoy your memory increase!!!!

I'm on official jelly bean with kernel with init.d support but the mod seems not working or my kernel/rom does not support init.d

Note:
  • If you want to access to your INTERNAL SD you have to go with astro or ES filemangaer or what do you wanto to /mnt/extSdCard
  • If you want to see how much space do you have simply go in memory info in settings and check but warning: the situation is inverted! The INTERNAL SD is seen as EXTERNAL and viceversa! This situation is present also when you attach phone to pc.
  • After the flash, if you don't come from a clean rom installation, please copy all content of /mnt/extSdCard to /sdcard to avoid file conflicts and files lost.
    I suggest to start from a clean rom installation then install all apps!
    I really suggest to flash this mod after the rom BEFORE first boot. If the rom flashed hasn't a kernel with init.d support follow this order: flash rom, flash kernel with init.d support, flash mod, reboot!

If you want to remove the mod follow this guide
  • Install from Play Store Es file Explorer and configure it with root acccess
  • Navigate into /etc/init.d
  • Delete 11extsd2internalsd

IF YOU HAVE ISSUES
Please report:
  • Rom and kernel in use
  • remove mod and app if installed
  • with es file explorer with root access or other file manager with root access go into /mnt folder ant take a shoot
  • with es file explorer with root access or other file manager with root access go into /dev/block/vold folder and take a shoot
  • with terminal emulator type su then mount and take a shoot
  • upload photos on this forum

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR DEV/ROM COOKER/WHO WANT'S TO PORT MY MOD
If you want to use the ExtSd2InternalSd in your ROM, give proper credit and a HTML link to this thread.
Do not modify it, do not rebrand it: the name is ExtSd2InternalSd

Modification and redistribution of the attached script is not permitted at all without permission of Mattiadj member
This means that you cannot feel free to zip up the attached script with other tweaks and this means that it is not be edited and shared.

WARNING for USERS: If you use or encounter a ROM with the ExtSd2InternalSd without proper credit given and no ExtSd2InternalSdr source links, please make the Developer aware of it, and if necessary, please let me know about it. Thank you.

Personal Use: You may tweak the ExtSd2InternalSd (leaving credits intact) to your own personal liking as long as it is NOT redistributed in any way.

If you like my job, buy me a beer :)

Now....feedback, feedback and feedback! :)

Last edited:

Wally72

Jul 27, 2011
York, Pa
Hello folks,
i'm new of gnote2 but not of android. I'm a php developer and I like to play with my android devices and Linux but I'm surely not a king on Linux :) little more than a newbie :)

THE PROBLEM
Since in the past i had a desire hd and i had a normal management of internal memory and sd as separate process my problem is to have a similar management on my gnote2. Also i have 16gb version of gnote2 and i want install a lot of apps!!! Also i have a 64gb sd card available. I have noticed that my gnote2 installs all on internal sd also and apps download all their resources on internal sd. So with some heavy games and heavy app the internal memory became quickly full!!!

THE SOLUTION
My aim so became to use the external sd as internal sd and internal sd ONLY for apps installation so became used as internal memory!
And... yes after a while i have to make this working!!! So now my 64gb external sd is used for all tasks which the internal sd was used and the internal sd is only used for apps storage!! All extra files (resources, caches, etc etc) are stored in my external SD!!

Also if i want to see the internal memory management i can see that now my phone has 64gb internal memory and 16gb external!! WOOW :)

WHAT YOU NEED
  • International galaxy note 2 with root, insicure kernel and kernel with init.d support
  • External sd card class 4 or superior. (you can try with class 2 also and tell us how it goes)
  • My file attached

THE GUIDE
First of all make a nandroid backup!! I'm not responsable for any problem! You make this procedure at your risk!!!
  2. Copy attached zip in you external sd. Choose the right zip. If you have formatted your sd as fat32 choose _fat32 version, if the filesystem is extfat choose _extfat version
  3. Go into recovery
  4. Flash the zip

I'm on official jelly bean with kernel with init.d support but the mod seems not working or my kernel/rom does not support init.d

Note:
  • If you want to access to your INTERNAL SD you have to go with astro or ES filemangaer or what do you wanto to /mnt/extSdCard
  • If you want to see how much space do you have simply go in memory info in settings and check but warning: the situation is inverted! The INTERNAL SD is seen as EXTERNAL and viceversa! This situation is present also when you attach phone to pc.
  • After the flash, if you don't come from a clean rom installation, please copy all content of /mnt/extSdCard to /sdcard to avoid file conflicts and files lost.
    I really suggest to flash this mod after the rom BEFORE first boot. If the rom flashed hasn't a kernel with init.d support follow this order: flash rom, flash kernel with init.d support, flash mod, reboot!

IF YOU HAVE ISSUES
Please report:
  • Rom and kernel in use
  • with es file explorer with root access or other file manager with root access go into /mnt folder ant take a shoot
  • with es file explorer with root access or other file manager with root access go into /dev/block/vold folder and take a shoot

If you want to use the ExtSd2InternalSd in your ROM, give proper credit and a HTML link to this thread.

Modification and redistribution of the attached script is not permitted at all without permission of Mattiadj member
This means that you cannot feel free to zip up the attached script with other tweaks and this means that it is not be edited and shared.

WARNING for USERS: If you use or encounter a ROM with the ExtSd2InternalSd without proper credit given and no ExtSd2InternalSdr source links, please make the Developer aware of it, and if necessary, please let me know about it. Thank you.

Personal Use: You may tweak the ExtSd2InternalSd (leaving credits intact) to your own personal liking as long as it is NOT redistributed in any way.

Thank you and T Mobile US user here. Been using your mod from SGS3 thread and had no big issues then. Will flash this one today after work and will report.

Thank you again!;)

Sent from my SGH-T889 (The Next Big Thing) using XDA Premium v2.2.1

f3w1n

Apr 10, 2012
Installed the script, if i check the internal partition in settings-storage it says 10gb and my microsd have 32 o_O. The internal (now working as external) still have 10gb.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Reactions: overclock990

ratcom

Mar 1, 2005
Nottingham, England
Installed the script, if i check the internal partition in settings-storage it says 10gb and my microsd have 32 o_O. The internal (now working as external) still have 10gb.

normal this happens with "none swap friendly" roms. Trust me the hack does work just not with every rom / kernel out there.

would help if everyone reported which setups worked and which didnt ;)

Update - stopped working once i worked the memory card hard (downloading games)

Last edited:

f3w1n

Apr 10, 2012
normal this happens with "none swap friendly" roms. Trust me the hack does work just not with every rom / kernel out there.

would help if everyone reported which setups worked and which didnt ;)

Not working right in latest paranoid android build and uneak kernel 1.1 if that helps.

b1nb1n2012

Aug 13, 2012
Assuming that it works, what happens if I want to flash other ROMs, make titanium backups...etc ? Will the ROMs files and backups be in actual internal storage or fake internal storage (micro sd card) ? I'm confused here...

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare
Assuming that it works, what happens if I want to flash other ROMs, make titanium backups...etc ? Will the ROMs files and backups be in actual internal storage or fake internal storage (micro sd card) ? I'm confused here...

You have to choose alway /sdcard as path. The aren't any fake. Sd card's mount point are simply inverted

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

kaizer hanz

Aug 22, 2009
Jakarta - Bandung
thx for this mod, it work to swap my ext sd card 32GB...

but I have little issues, with stock gallery not show all my photos and wallpapers, even I have already copied to folder DCIM.. all picture on ext. sd card not showing with different folder.. but on app QuickPic it show.. confused.. :confused:
try to change another kernel.. but the result is same...
try to install rescan media.. but didn't luck..

OMEGA ROM 7.3 and Note2Core Kernel...

sorry for my bad english..

tamirda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2010
www.tdroms.com

but I have little issues, with stock gallery not show all my photos and wallpapers, even I have already copied to folder DCIM.. all picture on ext. sd card not showing with different folder.. but on app QuickPic it show.. confused.. :confused:

Thank you for checking that.
So stock and custom kernel has this problem.

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare

Delete thumbnail hidden folder from dcim folder then wipe cache and davilk cache and report please

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Reactions: kaizer hanz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello folks,

THE PROBLEM

THE SOLUTION

WHAT YOU NEED
    • My file attached

THE GUIDE
    3. Go into recovery
    4. Flash the zip

Note:

IF YOU HAVE ISSUES
    Please report:
    • Rom and kernel in use

Hello guys. I will update this thread asap with a working version for 4.3
    I have it ready for gs4 and I need tester for note 2 leaked.

In the meanwhile my v2 for gs4 works well on 4.3 leaked. Download it form gs4 thread.

All the best

From universe with my gs4 snapdragon powered!
    Hello folks,

THE PROBLEM

THE SOLUTION

WHAT YOU NEED
    • My file attached

THE GUIDE
    3. Go into recovery
    4. Flash the zip

Note:

IF YOU HAVE ISSUES
    Please report:
    • Rom and kernel in use

Thank you and T Mobile US user here. Been using your mod from SGS3 thread and had no big issues then. Will flash this one today after work and will report.

Thank you again!;)

Sent from my SGH-T889 (The Next Big Thing) using XDA Premium v2.2.1
    Thank you my friend, hope i helped you to make this script for the GN2
    New 5.5 version online!

Changelog

1. Removed support for Easy UMS (double gallery fix)
    2. Fixed permission and owner (Corrupted file fix)
    3. More clean and fast script

Tell me if now is ok :)