Issues regarding YouTube

Search This thread

Jetboard

May 3, 2013
Okay so, to put it simply... I own an Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 which was rooted up until this day. At some time yesterday, YouTube randomly stopped having any connections to the internet.

At first, when you go to the application you can see videos, they load fine on the list as well as the names and thumbnails, but as soon as you click on them / search for videos / wait for 5 seconds you will get an error "Attention - There is no network connection right now. Please try again later."

I'm 100% positive that it's nothing with my net. Browser works fine, I don't use facebook so no idea if it works or not. I even stood right next to the router or modem, however you call it, with full signal and couldn't go to YouTube.

Now, I unrooted the phone. The issue is still there.
Restarting, pulling out battery, factory reset - Nothing worked.

I'm starting to go crazy with this.
No, youtube doesn't even work if I go the mobile site and try to run the video with the application.
No, it does not show up in "Manage applications" so I can't clear it.
Trust me I'd definetly want to go to Google Play and download a newer version, but considering Google says that Youtube isn't compatible with my device / or the actual INSTALL button on their page doesn't work on my phone.

Do help, I got nothing to do on the phone if there's no Youtube to watch videos or music.

lelaki100

Jan 4, 2014
Okay so, to put it simply... I own an Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 which was rooted up until this day. At some time yesterday, YouTube randomly stopped having any connections to the internet.

At first, when you go to the application you can see videos, they load fine on the list as well as the names and thumbnails, but as soon as you click on them / search for videos / wait for 5 seconds you will get an error "Attention - There is no network connection right now. Please try again later."

I'm 100% positive that it's nothing with my net. Browser works fine, I don't use facebook so no idea if it works or not. I even stood right next to the router or modem, however you call it, with full signal and couldn't go to YouTube.

Now, I unrooted the phone. The issue is still there.
Restarting, pulling out battery, factory reset - Nothing worked.

I'm starting to go crazy with this.
No, youtube doesn't even work if I go the mobile site and try to run the video with the application.
No, it does not show up in "Manage applications" so I can't clear it.
Trust me I'd definetly want to go to Google Play and download a newer version, but considering Google says that Youtube isn't compatible with my device / or the actual INSTALL button on their page doesn't work on my phone.

Do help, I got nothing to do on the phone if there's no Youtube to watch videos or music.

The same thing happened to me yesterday with my Xperia x8 phone. I get the same message when I try to watch a youtube video. It was fine a couple of days ago!

Jetboard

May 3, 2013
If there's more people with the issue, I doubt it's a phone problem anymore. Youtube is most likely doing something then.. Either way, bump, in case someone knows how to fix this.

lelaki100

Jan 4, 2014
You might be right... Maybe they did some kind of update that caused this. Anyway, if I find a solution, I will post it here.

beeandcake

Jan 7, 2014
I've been having this issue as well. There isn't anything wrong my connection, as I can load all the pages >.< I just wish someone had a solution. All I've found to do is clear the app data and that's done nothing...