New and improved Apps to SD(more stable, more powerful, etc) Tutorial

Search This thread

dasoccerbomb

Apr 6, 2009
So is there an official fix for the wallpaper issue? It is pretty ignoring to have to reboot every time i want to change my wallpaper :-(

Sirielia

Apr 28, 2007
SLC, UT
I've reformatted my sd with the correct partitions about 4-5 times now. I figured I did something wrong. I checked the thread on partitioning with Paragon and noticed that I was doing exactly what the thread stated. I attempted one more time, but my G1 just does not seem to want to recognize that I have the ext2 partition. This way does nothing, the old way gave me a cp write error saying no space left on device, and my phone still displays the regular storage. I'm really not sure exactly what I am doing wrong, so any help is really appreciated. :)

Jun 15, 2007
Thanks for the reply on how to undo everything with the previous codes ...but before I do that I need to ask you something just to be sure and I need to tell you what I have done to make sure it is the right route to go. I FINALLY did get my phone to stay at 73MB free but it was with using multiple methods here in the forums. I tried your way with ALLL the code from your manual way off your original appstosd post and it never said a permanent 73 free in fact it down to like 53 once. Then I tried Lucids way and all I did was did a wipe and install his MOD of JF1.42 RC33 and booted up .. I then ran his codes on his page too, with no success, none of my apps were there and the memory went down still .. BUT then I used YOUR appstosd with Lucids MOD ROM and after that, I now my apps back and I have a permanent 73MB free and everything seems to be working great!

Soo question is when I did the wipe and install his ROM did that undo the codes I ran from your page ...or is there some sorta combo deal thing goin on now with my phone? Also is the method you posted on the first page the best route for me to go back to orig settings so I can try this method out?

first, I used the partition deal using the code only on the G1 terminal and no comp which worked great!

then, I tried running all the code under marcusmaximus appstosd manual way thread and even bought the appstosd app .. neither worked.

so then, I download the updated JF1.42 RC33 MOD From LucidREM page did a wipe and installed. I ran the codes also found on page 1 there and still no luck ... memory kept draining when I did internet or added apps.

so then I ran that appstosd that I bought and NOW I have 73mb free and all my previous apps have came back on the phone after reboot and the memory has not gone down at all.

All that looks ok, just run through the tutorial including the bit about removing the old symlinks(both his and my old method are the same, my guess is that it was the cache that was using up space and my apps don't move that since it's pretty unstable to do so).

@dasoccerbomb: No, I've been looking into it but can't figure out exactly what's going wrong. Thus far it seems to be the only non-solvable problem and it's been pissing me off but for some reason the home application wallpaper change doesn't like unionfs. I'm working with JF to see if we can get aufs in his build which could solve the problem... maybe.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2008
Im having an interesting problem today

I fresh do a fresh wipe and fresh install of JF1.5 and boot up the phone. Then I sign in to google. Then I go to terminal and run these lines of code

[qoute]su
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
cp /sdcard/init.rc /data/
cp /runme.sh /data/
cp/sdcard/a2sd/sh /data/
reboot
exactly like that, and my phone gets stuck in boot loop when it restarts

Also I cannot during any of this process connect to my computer and successfully run flashboot to flash to userdata again.

I assume this is because I ran the other apps2sd_signed.apk

Does this imply that the other appstosd_signed.apk out there has ****ed up my hard spl... how the hell? HARDspl worked great with fastboot up until I ran that program.

I'm going to reupdate hard spl and then see what happens when I wipe, reinstall the jf1.5, and run the apptosd2 mount via the lines of code I put in this msg.

Jun 15, 2007
Im having an interesting problem today

I fresh do a fresh wipe and fresh install of JF1.5 and boot up the phone. Then I sign in to google. Then I go to terminal and run these lines of code

su
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
cp /sdcard/init.rc /data/
cp /runme.sh /data/
cp/sdcard/a2sd/sh /data/
reboot

exactly like that, and my phone gets stuck in boot loop when it restarts

Also I cannot during any of this process connect to my computer and successfully run flashboot to flash to userdata again.

I assume this is because I ran the other apps2sd_signed.apk

Does this imply that the other appstosd_signed.apk out there has ****ed up my hard spl... how the hell? HARDspl worked great with fastboot up until I ran that program.

I'm going to reupdate hard spl and then see what happens when I wipe, reinstall the jf1.5, and run the apptosd2 mount via the lines of code I put in this msg.

Not sure about HardSPL, but as I've said, you really shouldn't run the original appstosd app when using this method, it can majorly mess things up. At this point, you're going to have to find a way into your ext2 partition(adb will work), do an "ls -l" and then for each listing that says "xxxx -> /system/sd/xxxx" do this: "rm xxxx" and then "mkdir xxxx". It may have cleared out your apps unfortunately but it sounds like you had them backed up. If you don't want to mess with all that you can reformat the ext2 partition or go to the ext2 partition in adb and do "rm -rf *".

Aug 29, 2008
Not sure about HardSPL, but as I've said, you really shouldn't run the original appstosd app when using this method, it can majorly mess things up. At this point, you're going to have to find a way into your ext2 partition(adb will work), do an "ls -l" and then for each listing that says "xxxx -> /system/sd/xxxx" do this: "rm xxxx" and then "mkdir xxxx". It may have cleared out your apps unfortunately but it sounds like you had them backed up. If you don't want to mess with all that you can reformat the ext2 partition or go to the ext2 partition in adb and do "rm -rf *".

when I type in rm app is just comes back and says rm: app: is a directory

mkdir fails because the file already exists yada yada ayda

so whats the real line of code I'm supposed to run there? is it rm -r XXXX or rm -rf XXXX or do the XXX have / in front maybe?

EDIT!

Ok so I've done the exact ls -l command thru adb and the only listing that has the xxx -> /system/sd/xxx is etc -> /system/sd/etc

however when I attempt to rm etc I get this

rm etc
rm: cannot remove 'etc': Read-only file system

Last edited:

andonnguyen

Nov 12, 2008
ran the new scripts, and my apps aren't showing up anymore. the directories are there but its not reading them. at least the wallpaper issue was fixed, lol.

Attachments

• device.png
    device.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

BSDADON

Mar 23, 2009
Damn that sucks, I just ran it, worked fine, phone booted up regularly, no force closes, all my apps are showing up and working. Well the 6 I have tried so far, but I still can't change the wallpaper:confused:

andonnguyen

Nov 12, 2008
Damn that sucks, I just ran it, worked fine, phone booted up regularly, no force closes, all my apps are showing up and working. Well the 6 I have tried so far, but I still can't change the wallpaper:confused:

I can change the wallpaper, but my apps arent showing up. lol. fml. and my internal memory is at 45MB now. fml 2x.

Last edited:

BSDADON

Mar 23, 2009
And I just realized i'm an idiot. He uploaded the new one as appstosd.zip, i clicked on appstosd2.zip (which is why nothing happened). To answer your question raydekok i was running the app that runs the scripts automatically

andonnguyen

Nov 12, 2008
And I just realized i'm an idiot. He uploaded the new one as appstosd.zip, i clicked on appstosd2.zip (which is why nothing happened). To answer your question raydekok i was running the app that runs the scripts automatically

hey run his new scripts and let me know if youre having the same problems as me.

raydekok

Mar 16, 2009
Amersfoort

what app? the app named appstosd2.apk?

so when i install that it will work again?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    umm when i run appstosd it says it formats but then when i push reboot now nothing happens.. also, when i type reboot at the terminal it tells me i dont have permission even tho im already running su