[ROM][Oct 10]Jellybean 4.1.2 for Endeavoru AOSP Build [JZO54K]

Search This thread

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
Is this thread ready for people who don't bother to read ? no ! go away when you can be bothered to read.

Im surprised by the people on this site who have custom roms on their phones . . . . I hope your handset gets bricked because your too dumb to read the first freeking post.

Im not sorry I raged at you but you clearly are dumb and stupid. . . .

READ THE THREAD TITLE & FIRST POST ! ! !

Right. This is kinda getting similar to when codeworkx released cm9 for the s2 and we had so many issues in the dev thread due to the many unnecessary posts that had nothing to do with development and mods had to get involved cleaning the thread all the time. I know tgaz does not mind but people let us use common sense here. Use the other thread in general section and only post something that is relevant. Or someone open a discussion thread which has to do with the Rom specifically. I just do not want this thread shut down like that one was.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: hardstuffmuc

rogro82

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
May 1, 2008
plus.google.com
Hi One Xer. Today I stubled upon your thread (or specifically rogro82's post) when I did some research for a sound error we had with the first JB build for the Nexus One. It was related to libwvm.so and prevented the speaker from working (thus, no calls, no music, no sound on videos).

I fixed all that sound issues for our Rom as outlined here and thought it may be interesting for you too!? So I'm leaving this note and hope it helps you guys (and gals)..

Cheers!

Thanks for the heads up.

I will try adding the other files as well and test with another music player aswell...

Do the other issues mentioned in that post still stand? ( headphones and system sounds )

Last edited:

Bexton

Sep 26, 2011
50° 56' 33" 6° 57' 32"
Thanks for the heads up.

I will try adding the other files as well and test with another music player aswell...

Do the other issues mentioned in that post still stand? ( headphones and system sounds )

For speakers you don't need all files from my zip. For us it worked with the following:
Code:
/system/lib/libdrmdecrypt.so
/system/lib/libvorbisencoder.so
/system/lib/libwvdrm_L1.so
/system/lib/libwvm.so
/system/lib/libWVStreamControlAPI_L1.so
/system/lib/hw/audio.usb.default.so
/system/lib/drm/libdrmwvmplugin.so

The other issues, unfortunately, still stand, but may not be valid for you!? Would be interesting to know.. Finally, if it's of any interest for you, here's the logcat of a phone call: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=yrRYmD2s

Edit: Small update as for the music player.. I just tested Winamp and Winamp did not worked (but it brought me a bit further).. Anyway as for music I think it's the best choice to use VLC.

Last edited:

Bexton

Sep 26, 2011
50° 56' 33" 6° 57' 32"
And another update. The headphone issue was solved, too. :good:

As of JB there're new audio policy files which was missing. The conf file must be modified to fit your device specs. Then, to get the headphones working, just push the (modified) audio_policy.conf file to /system/etc

Here're some different example conf files:

https://raw.github.com/Evervolv/android_device_samsung_crespo/jellybean/libaudio/audio_policy.conf (the one that worked for us)
https://raw.github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_asus_grouper/jellybean/audio_policy.conf
https://raw.github.com/KFire-Android/device-amazon-otter/jb/prebuilt/etc/audio_policy.conf

rogro82

May 1, 2008
plus.google.com
Yes thanks. I was just going through the asus grouper device.mk files and saw the configs ( audio_policy, media_codecs etc )

I have added the required .so files for wvm, but still no audio.

Last edited:

black demon

May 15, 2012
is it normal that i can't get root access for apps like titanium backup?
i installed the gapps package, and when i go to SuperSU and tap continue, it says installation failed..

i can't wait to see all the bugs gone for this rom.. its so fast!! @@

hosmsdos

Oct 29, 2008
first of all big thanks for all the guys who contributed in anyway to this ROM and i hope all issues are fixed soon so i can try this beast:D. i just have a question. since nexus 7 has 3.x kernel can we use there kernel and add all the stuff missing from our htc kernel is this possible? if not what kernel are you guys using with this ROM right now.

chriscpritchard

Sep 29, 2009
first of all big thanks for all the guys who contributed in anyway to this ROM and i hope all issues are fixed soon so i can try this beast:D. i just have a question. since nexus 7 has 3.x kernel can we use there kernel and add all the stuff missing from our htc kernel is this possible? if not what kernel are you guys using with this ROM right now.

We can't, the HTC drivers interface with the specific version of the kernel they've released (2.6.39), most of them are binary blobs so aren't easy to port - hopefully an update will be released soon which does use 3.x and then we can use that

Bexton

Sep 26, 2011
50° 56' 33" 6° 57' 32"
Yes thanks. I was just going through the asus grouper device.mk files and saw the configs ( audio_policy, media_codecs etc )

I have added the required .so files for wvm, but still no audio.

Have you added the files from my zip or from an OTA source? Have you added the audio_policy.conf? Also, do you have no sound at all? Have you tried a phone call? And finally: Can you paste me a logcat please, so I can see if I can find some more hints.. ;)

Another idea: The files I listed are the files I added to our base build. But maybe our build included some files that are missing in your working base!? If you like to check, here's my lib directory: http://d-h.st/G5N

-----

edit: now i fixed the last bug (system sounds). it was a wrong configured media_codecs.xml file. Here is my working version: http://d-h.st/oMB

Now we have fully working sound, hell yeah! :) Hope you guys can manage that soon, too.

Last edited:

rogro82

May 1, 2008
plus.google.com
Have you added the files from my zip or from an OTA source? Have you added the audio_policy.conf? Also, do you have no sound at all? Have you tried a phone call? And finally: Can you paste me a logcat please, so I can see if I can find some more hints.. ;)

Another idea: The files I listed are the files I added to our base build. But maybe our build included some files that are missing in your working base!? If you like to check, here's my lib directory: http://d-h.st/G5N

-----

edit: now i fixed the last bug (system sounds). it was a wrong configured media_codecs.xml file. Here is my working version: http://d-h.st/oMB

Now we have fully working sound, hell yeah! :) Hope you guys can manage that soon, too.

I have tried both files ( yours and from a nexus ) and already added audio_policy and media_codecs to the build.

Tried sound in phone calls, with the original music app, VLC, ringtones and multiple file formats, but currently no sound at all.

After recompiling with some changes I do get some more though.. before the original music app immediatly stopped when trying to play a file, but now it atleast plays it ( without sound :) ), probable due to media_codecs.. VLC already played files without sound.

All wvm related errors are gone by adding the right wvm related .so files ( besides the IsWidevineMedia not found message ).

Only real error i still get is:

Code:
E/WVMExtractor(  159): IsWidevineMedia not found in libwvm.so

Ill have to leave for a few hours, but will post a logcat as soon as i get back... maybe someone else can provide a logcat? ( if you do make sure to add all the wvm related .so files )

Bexton

Sep 26, 2011
50° 56' 33" 6° 57' 32"
I have tried both files ( yours and from a nexus ) and already added audio_policy and media_codecs to the build.

Tried sound in phone calls, with the original music app, VLC, ringtones and multiple file formats, but currently no sound at all.

After recompiling with some changes I do get some more though.. before the original music app immediatly stopped when trying to play a file, but now it atleast plays it ( without sound :) ), probable due to media_codecs.. VLC already played files without sound.

All wvm related errors are gone by adding the right wvm related .so files ( besides the IsWidevineMedia not found message ).

Only real error i still get is:

Code:
E/WVMExtractor(  159): IsWidevineMedia not found in libwvm.so

Ill have to leave for a few hours, but will post a logcat as soon as i get back... maybe someone else can provide a logcat? ( if you do make sure to add all the wvm related .so files )

Fyi: The IsWidevineMedia not found in libwvm.so error still shows up for me too. But that doesn't prevent sound from function. The error must be somewhere else.

No prop, take your time. I was awake all night long to solve that frigging errors and need to get a few hours sleep now anyway. I'll check back this afternoon and take a look at logcat(s).

cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    m7FaD.png

Visit the Jellybean 4.2 thread here

Banner thanks to Sebianoti
    As I'm sure you know, the Jellybean 4.1.1 source code was uploaded to the AOSP repos a few hours ago. Following on from my Nexus 7 port, this is a build based off of the AOSP repositories, using the open source endeavoru tree started by intrepresentation. This is a pure AOSP build, the only changes I've applied are to add the Nexus 7 boot animation, APNs, and stuff that is required to get it working.

Issues
    • Wireless doesn't connect for a small handful of users
    • Radio also doesn't work for a small number of users in recent builds

Contributing
    I'm also opening up the codebase, so if you think you can contribute then submit a pull request. Anyone can contribute by helping to submit bugs to the issue tracker. Remember to include as much detail as possible. Steps to replicate, logcats etc.
    If you've never tried developing for android before, then the best way to get started is to first get the source built (I'll post up a quick guide at some point), have a look through the code, read a page or two about AOSP, then see if you can pick off any bugs. Github makes it easy to find bugs, and submit your fixes back to me, so have a read up on that too if you're unfamiliar.
    I've set up a short guide that should help you get started with building android, check it out here.

I've also set up #tg-endeavoru on Freenode irc for discussion, suggestions, development etc.

Links
    Latest builds
    Jellybean Gapps
    Source
    Mirrors:

Guide to installing - Thanks Chilling_Silence
    Repacked kernels

Changelogs
    Build #36
    Merge in latest JZO54K (Android 4.1.2_r1) changes

Please flash this boot.img instead, and let us know if it resolves the screen flickering issue: http://www.blinkenlights.ch/static/a...35/boot_35.img

It may take a day or two to take full effect

Build #35
    Backport screen flickering fix into kernel (pab)
    Improve stability of pollyd, the incall volume fix (pab)

Build #34
    Merge latest JRO03R (Android 4.1.1_r6) changes

Build #33 (boot.img updated)
    Button backlights fixed
    A2DP pairing fixed (TeamNDVRu)
    Multitouch gaming fixed (TeamNDVRu)
    Better screen off power management (pab)
    Pinyin Chinese input fixed (Properly this time) (Myself, Lord Clockan, AOSP)
    Lockscreen widget alignment in lower DPI settings fixed (Properly this time)
    Incoming call widget alignment in lower DPI settings fixed

Build #32
    Fix lockscreen unlock widget alignment under lower DPIs
    Fix Google Chinese Input
    Fix AGPS - GPS now locks a lot quicker

Build #31
    Merge latest JRO03L (Android 4.1.1_r4) changes
    Update prebuilt binaries to 2.17 release
    Fix for slow USB Mass Storage transfer rates (seader @ github, kaltkaffe @ Cyanogenmod)
    Add potentially performance improving compile time flags

Build #30 (boot.img updated)
    Merged latest JRO03H (Android 4.1.1_r3) changes
    Wifi Hotspot fixed (Lord Clockan, tbalden)
    pollyd no longer survives airplane mode, sets initial call volume correctly (pab)
    Switch the build server to using 'squisher' (optimizes zip file output)
    Add custom power HAL to control cpu frequencies better (mdeejay)

Build #29 (boot.img updated)
    Update kernel + modules to 1.29.401.7
    Update prebuilt binaries to 1.29.401.11
    Enhanced in call noise suppression (Mike Grissom, Cyanogenmod)
    Finished pollyd, in call volume now working correctly (pab)
    Kernel crash when placing a call with headset is now resolved
    Replace Superuser with SuperSU

Build #28
    Phone: In call echo fixed (Mostly, there's still a faint echo, but very manageable)

Build #27
    Framework: Fixed Unity games touch input (Without patching kernel - You're safe to flash whatever custom kernel you want without breaking stuff)
    Radio: Some experimental stuff that may improve signal, or fix radio for those with issues
    Experimental fix for this issue

Build #26
    Camera: Added support for up to 8MP
    Fixed front facing camera
    Fixed video recording format
    Radio: Corrected network status indicator
    Vendor: Added Stk package
    Signatures
    Sebianoti (who also designed the awesome banner at the top) has been kind enough to make us an image to put in our signatures.

URL: http://i.imgur.com/mPX3k.png
    More here and here

Thanks to..
    pabx, rogro82, and chris-p - These guys are far more knowledgeable than I and have been incredible. Send some love their way.
    Lord Clockan
    tbalden
    richardtrip
    more2come
    BMutsaards for pointing us to the working gapps, and helping to debug/test
    MashineGun, entropin, and everyone else in IRC who's been helping to debug and find solutions
    Everyone who contributed to intrepresentation's Cyanogenmod tree
    Everyone who's tested, offered help and support
    @TGascoigne ( and other developers ):

Here is the audio policy source... ( once again one mod to audioflinger, because i cant figure out which file is used to set the flags on the output device.. and dont have any more time to search ).

Sound tested:

All basic sounds.
    Music
    Recorded using a free sound recorder
    Outgoing call to voice mail

Mic tested using:

Sound recorder
    Google voice
    No i did not try to call anyone at 4am :)

You will have to add audio_policy.tegra.so in system/lib/hw as audio_policy_legacy.endeavoru.so

Source code has not been cleaned as i dont have anymore time and ill leave that up to you... :)

Structs in the .h file should be overwritten with the ones in the .c file ( marked in code ) and then you can just include them, but it was a lot easier this way... but f*gly as hell * shrugs *

And make sure to disable debugging as soon as everything is stable.

Will see if i can also upload some precompiled .so files before im of.

@everyone else:

DO NOT TRY TO FLASH THIS

PS:

Your libwvm.so file ( or one of the related drm files ) seems to be wrong ( as can be seen in logcat ).. i would suggest using the files i posted earlier
    Sadly my git is failing tonight ( ehhrrm morning ) so no way to make a patch so ive just included all changes in a zip file ( should be fairly straight forward with a diff )

Changes:

New audio library ( wrapper )
    Sadly one needed change to audioflinger which i will fix later on. ( comments why added )

Files:

Besides the source i have added all files needed to get audio working:
    new JB .xml files for codecs / profiles ( copied from grouper so might need changes )
    All DRM ( wvm ) related files
    Compiled version of HAL wrapper ( audio.primary.endeavoru.so ) and libaudioflinger.so
    audio.legacy.endeavoru.so which used to be audio.primary.tegra.so

Todo:

Fix audio input streams the same way as done for output streams... so input is not yet working

Edit: Added input stream handling to the wrapper so this might work when setup correctly, but most probably asound.conf needs editing as no profiles are found
    Code:
    W/AudioPolicyManagerBase(  164): getInput() could not find profile for device 40
    000, samplingRate 44100, format 1,channelMask 0010

Fix audio policies as volume control does not works like it should ( call volume for instance ), because its still using default policy.
    Probably a lot more :)

Tested:

System sounds
    Music
    Call ( no input audio yet only output )

If ive forgot to mention something then thats because i might be a bit tired :)

P.S:

Im not responsible for any damage to your phone or ears because of this ;)
    I've got data working. More info + build soon.
    http://i.imgur.com/G7wS6.png
    And here are the compiled .so files including the renamed old tegra policy which is needed. :victory:

I have done a quick test with the lastest rom and atleast the mic was working...

Installing only these files might cause issues so if you want to be sure wait for @TGascoigne to build a new rom.

Once again:
    Im am not responsible for any damage to your phone or ears