[Rom][JB] JBX rom Released! [4.1.1] [3-8-2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010
To whoever would normally come up with the sig image for something like this, if you would make a splashscreen for the kernel, I'll throw it in there so that we can make sure it matches. I'm actually not very good with that graphical stuff...

Reactions: AudioCreaper

tempest918

Jun 27, 2012
Bloomington
To whoever would normally come up with the sig image for something like this, if you would make a splashscreen for the kernel, I'll throw it in there so that we can make sure it matches. I'm actually not very good with that graphical stuff...

Any ideas on a logo or graphic? I could try to whip up something tomorrow

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010
My idea was that we'd have a jellybean with an X carved in the middle of it, with the letters JB somewhat overlayed. It could even be that weird looking jellybean with antennae that I've seen a lot of, lately. But I'd like some input from the team on it, since it's a team effort.

Edit: After thinking about it, we might not even need the JB overlayed, just a jellybean with an X across it. Should be pretty self-explanatory, right?

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Lol I didn't do that much to help! But thanks :) I'll be testing soon and if I can, provide some high-level fixes/tweaks where appropriate. Well done guys, looking forward to making an MIUI based on it.

Any ideas on a logo or graphic? I could try to whip up something tomorrow

Do what you do man with some concepts, you did awesome on the LuPuS logo.

EDIT: What is the recovery binary used in the RAMDisk? I've had nothing but troubles with CWM-Recovery v6.0.0.2 re: nandroid backup/restore, random crashes and freezing when imaging .android_secure and sd-ext. Might I suggest using latest CWM-Recovery v5.x instead, if found to cause issues.

Last edited:

AudioCreaper

Feb 18, 2012
Quezon City
how about this?

Attachments

• JBX.jpg
    JBX.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 410

DanielEGVi

Nov 20, 2011
I know I'm not very good at using photoshop, but is this kinda the type of design you were going for?

:NO:

Atleast try to put the Xperia Play gamepad and change the font, otherwise, I prefer a jellybean in a black background with an X, looks WAY more proffesional.

Sony Xperia Play - Tapatalk 2

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010
EDIT: What is the recovery binary used in the RAMDisk? I've had nothing but troubles with CWM-Recovery v6.0.0.2 re: nandroid backup/restore, random crashes and freezing when imaging .android_secure and sd-ext. Might I suggest using latest CWM-Recovery v5.x instead, if found to cause issues.

I'm still using CWM 6.0.0.2. I've not had any problems with it yet, aside from the graphical glitches that the normal boot used to have. If it gets to be a problem, I can change recoveries. I've been playing around with the idea of trying to port some kind of touch recovery anyway. But that might be a while.

Oh no! The thread has turned into a "who can make the quickest, most dodgy bootanimation" :eek:

No offense guys, but seriously..... yo pax, maybe start a new thread with a poll "competition" for bootanimation so we can stay on topic here? Even though I think tempest918 will handle it fine :)

^ This.

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I'm still using CWM 6.0.0.2. I've not had any problems with it yet, aside from the graphical glitches that the normal boot used to have. If it gets to be a problem, I can change recoveries. I've been playing around with the idea of trying to port some kind of touch recovery anyway. But that might be a while.

Fair enough, i discovered the problem i was having with nandroid might be due to old binaries anyway. Yeah id like to see a touch recovery that uses Aroma Filemanager built-in as a selector and such, thatd be awesome but with my skill would probably take months. But the Aroma touch interface is the best of any "recovery mode binary" ive ever used, its just darn lovely. Alas, OT.

Sent from Xperia Play (R800a) with Tapatalk

nickholtus

Aug 26, 2011
That's right
WPA supplicant is not complete
And ramdisk (init.send.rc) needs editing

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app

Reactions: AudioCreaper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi,

i am posting here the rom which we made with all help from the thinktank thread posted in general

This is a jelly bean rom mostly based upon cm10

SEE SUPERVENOMS POST FOR THE NEWEST BUILD

what is working:

touchscreen
    wifi
    bluetooth
    gamepad
    gsm (calls text)
    sound
    Video

what doesn't work:

Camera
    Data
    wifi hotspot
    touchpads
    everything else!

Credits goes to:

Paxchristos
    Cosmicdan
    supervenom
    smiley76
    Chevyowner
    fxp
    and the biggest thanks to Kamarush!!

Without this guys we won't have JB for our play:D

DISCLAIMER:

We are not responsible if you brick your device, desktop/notebook crashes, miss your alarm and lose your job or something else.
    Don't ask for eta (estimating time of arrival)
    If anyone one want to use a fix or some fixes or maybe the rom as base you should pm me.
    if i see anyone is using fixis without permissions i will pm a moderator!

Keep this thread ontopic
    Updated 08/22 (CDMA Uploaded, GSM Uploading)

CM10 Alpha

What works:
    Sound
    Data (CDMA for sure, GSM Don't know)
    Video
    SMS
    Phone

What Doesn't Work:
    Camera
    (tell me and i'll add to the list)

Download link -- Rom: http://www.mediafire.com/?6ggud46a7c6cq (Zeus for GSM, Zeusc for CDMA) (Use included kernel)

Pax
    GSM and CDMA

Youtube review: http://youtu.be/CBrYiBIvs3E

Changelog:

Code:
    - Fixed Data
    - Latest CM10 changes
    - Released CDMA
    - Fixed SD problem

Instructions:

- Flash kernel with: fastboot flash boot name_of_kernel.img
    - Wipe everything
    - Flash ROM.zip in recovery
    - Reboot
    - Optional: flash GApps in recovery (You have to mod your partitions to have needed space on /system go HERE)

What works:

- Boots
    - Root
    - Orientation
    - Touchscreeen
    - USB Debug
    - GSM
    - GPS
    - Gamepad
    - Bluetooth
    - USB Mass storage
    - Touchpads
    - Sound
    - WiFi
    - Video playback
    - Data

What doesn't:

- Camera

ROM GSM md5:e2baae10923f71c0296ffcb6f99c7563 Updated 03/08
    ROM CDMA md5:02016c1ce8da9c9e3737677de4cd8638 Updated 06/08 (Does not boot, only for testing)
    Kernel FLASH IT! md5:c86a4f5100c98df4a70ad7bb004d1e65 Updated 05/08
    NewAdrenoDrivers md5:726d5b9c3e780fc7f0cf6cc52427ed60 (Included in Beta)
    GApps md5:f62cfe4a827202899919fd932d5246d7

Ugly hacks used:

https://gist.github.com/3194307 This have to be added to kernel

Our sources: https://github.com/JBX/

Nick forgot to thanks FXP and the whole CyanogenMod community.
    Downloads:

Rom: JBX Alpha 1

Kernel: Kernel by supervenom!

wifi modules: Wifi modules by supervenom

adreno drivers: New Adreno drivers by supervenom and kamarush

Instructions:

-First flash the kernel with
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    -Then boot to recovery (when turning device on press volume buttons when the blue light powers up)
    -Go to mass storage and copy/paste the rom, wifi modules and adreno drivers to your sd
    -Then do a factory reset
    -Flash the rom, wifi modules and adreno drivers
    -Reboot
    -Go to: settings -> developer options -> disable hw overlay
    -Enjoy!
    JBXbeta.img
    JB Modules

This has the same fixes that chevyowner made in the thinktank thread, just compiled by yours truly. I figured I'd post it here to make it easier to find. This is overclocked and have more governors than FXP's kernel base does. Oh, and even though I said my modules wouldn't change, they have. So go ahead and redownload them, or stick with the modules that paxChristos uploaded.

Thanks chevyowner for fixing wifi, and then fixing it again. Fixed to save wifi passwords.