Votes: 16 3.6%
  • Nexus 10

Votes: 20 4.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
I've been jonesing for a 10.1 for some time now. I sold my TF700T recently and may be able to get a 10.1 finally, but then, POW! out comes the Note 8.0... The reviewers keep mentioning that it makes up for where the Note 10.1 was lacking. Can anyone elaborate for me? Are these supposed difficiencies fixed by now in the different 10.1 ROMs? Thanks!

Most of the reviews floating about were done on the Note 10.1 back when it was running 4.0 4. It's a much better product on 4.1.2 and the note 8 comes with 4.1.2 as well so it's not really improved at all. I'd say the choice comes down to whether you'd like more portability or more screen real estate. My initial feelings are that the 10 would be better for the artist and the 8 for Note taking.

Sent from the mighty Note II

Reactions: jlobodroid

Edris89

Dec 18, 2011
I have been using this for 3 weeks now and now i feel like i cant study anymore without this... :crying:

Battery life is good, nothing amazing but good, everything works well, im damn impressed by how well the S-pen actually works.
all in all, its worth every cent of the money u spend on it.

My friend who has ipad4, uses my Gnote 10.1 more than his own ipad lol
He was damn sad when i told him that how cheaper Gnote 101 was than his overpriced ipad ^^

uyo_kun

Jul 4, 2011
Surabaya
I use this Galaxy Note 10.1 since March, and i'm totally like this device! It can help me study at college, the battery life is amazing, the 1,4 GHz processor, the feature like S3, and especially, the S Pen! :D I really like the hover pen mode and many feature there. But I bit don't like when I write something on S Note, it gives a squishy things after write something. But it doesn't make me feel down for owning this awesome things.

I have had my Note 10.1 for a few months now. My previous tablet was the Thinkpad Slate Tablet.

It was a very good tablet and it had pen only mode, where only the pen could produce user input. I miss that feature. Also it had a full sized USB slot. I miss that too. I do not miss being stuck at 4.04 on it.

This Note 10.1 is everything my old Thinkpad was and more. Faster, better looking screen, working GPS, wifi direct with my S3 and more. Every time I use it, I like it more and more. I have a TON of work related notes in S-Note and I think it is a wonderful app.

Whereas in the past I would root and tweak my tablets, (Thinkpad, Nook Color, Nook Tablet), I have no need or desire to do that with this device. It's handled everything I could throw at it from document editing and creating, note taking, pictures (great for documenting server racks), media, and more.

Oh and I may be one the few, but I really like Touchwiz.

jlobodroid

Jan 6, 2012
I use this Galaxy Note 10.1 since March, and i'm totally like this device! It can help me study at college, the battery life is amazing, the 1,4 GHz processor, the feature like S3, and especially, the S Pen! :D I really like the hover pen mode and many feature there. But I bit don't like when I write something on S Note, it gives a squishy things after write something. But it doesn't make me feel down for owning this awesome things.

Hi, have you ever tried LectureNotes, tons of configs.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

To me this device destroys everything else in terms of functionality and productivity and If ur that dear ipad user I'm happy to let u know u made the wrong choice.Yes the ipad has more apps,but it doesnt mean android has no apps.50b apps have been gotten from the app store and 48b from the android market.You say optimisation?Sorry android has never been this optimised for tablets as it is now and with the google i/o anouncements its will be mind blowing.I use tegrak over clock to overclock to 1.65ghz,I changed the tip of my spen to the white smooth plastic tips and the handwriting has never been better.Battery life is unchanged and i'm on a stock rom.Screen brightness is about 30-45 as i dont want to spoil my eyes.But if ur a student dont think twice.The note 10.1 is the best purchase i ever made for school in my life.NO books,just it and the spen and the web.Share this with all those who stupidly believe the ipad is still a thing.:laugh:

Reactions: masondoctorjt

rlavene

May 23, 2013
Managing Sheet Music

One of the biggest reasons I'm considering the Note is to maintain all my sheet music. I am a Musical Director of a choral group. I have all my music in PDF files, I have 40 year old eyes so I definitely need a lightweight clear screen 10 inch tab. Does anyone know of any free or cheap apps that would let me view my PDF sheet music files, make notes on them and resave? All while in front of a 30 man chorus?

I've also wondering if anybody could direct me to the best US Deal, I only need a wifi version.

Your responses would be helpful.

Thanks!

Rich

bschrib

Feb 18, 2009
Columbus
One of the biggest reasons I'm considering the Note is to maintain all my sheet music. I am a Musical Director of a choral group. I have all my music in PDF files, I have 40 year old eyes so I definitely need a lightweight clear screen 10 inch tab. Does anyone know of any free or cheap apps that would let me view my PDF sheet music files, make notes on them and resave? All while in front of a 30 man chorus?

I've also wondering if anybody could direct me to the best US Deal, I only need a wifi version.

Your responses would be helpful.

Thanks!

Rich

Amazon has the note 10.1 for $299 (refurbished) right now.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

JJerome925

Jun 4, 2013
I have only had my note for a few months but its just great, has more then enough power and im yet to find any problems with it.

emtownsend

Feb 7, 2008
32GB or 16GB??

So, I'm eye'ing the refurbished models at Walmart... $329 for 16GB or $419 for the 32GB. Question is, can I get away with 16GB if I use a 32GB card? Will it be just like having a ~ 48GB Gnote 10.1? (Aside from the usual overhead that is). I'd love to save money but I don't want to regret it.

So, I'm eye'ing the refurbished models at Walmart... $329 for 16GB or $419 for the 32GB. Question is, can I get away with 16GB if I use a 32GB card? Will it be just like having a ~ 48GB Gnote 10.1? (Aside from the usual overhead that is). I'd love to save money but I don't want to regret it.
yes even 64gb!

turbonoma

Sep 8, 2013
Manati
new to tablets

This is my first experience with a tablet.I bought it on an impulse and so far it's been very plesant.I'm on a learning curve rignt now and I hope to learn much on this site.My previous tool of use was a laptop, and using this tablet has been a quite a change for me with all it's features.My laptop is getting used a lot less lately.:good:

XenomorphXx121

Oct 10, 2012
London
When I first got my note 10.1 there wasn't very much for it games and apps wise and even though I don't really like the ipad it was far ahead in anything the note had to offer.
Only now 1 year later it seems to be catching up, I bought it for a cheaper version of a wacom tablet but I was a bit disappointed with the art apps, it took a few months even to have palm rejection.
I'm happy with it now I've got clover paint which in my opinion is the closest thing to desktop photoshop or anything the ipad has.
As with the 4.1.2 firmware came multiple screens and all the added extras that makes it even better
I can live with the non hd resolution and the plastic frame, I haven't yet scratched the glass or dented anything so far so for me that's a bonus and proves how sturdy it really is.
I still haven't been able to use the remote as it never worked for me but that's just really a novelty thing.
I love my note 10.1 and I'd be a bit lost without it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:
Reactions: leojab

jefzisgood

Feb 5, 2013
craving for this tab as a supplement for my bulky lappy..with days of watching reviews and some hands on, im supposed to get this today in a local network here in Philippines for an affordable plan,,and too bad they dont offer this anymore :crying::crying:

komjin

Jun 1, 2012
BS
I bought N8010 last month as an upgrade from my old P1000.
What should I say, I'm really impressed about the smothness and battery live. It's a great tablet experience in my eyes.
Love it! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    total crap slow, unsecure no updates from Samsung still on ICS, screen looks cheap 149ppi only price to high for total rubbish!!! Not recommend will give for free. Will bet for Apple with retina display

Your posts make interesting reading .

jje
    I just got my note yesterday and I have to say that it's a pretty amazing and fast piece of tech. I'll come back to edit this review more as I use it (and receive my case so I can use it a little more roughly like I normally do).

So far:

Pros-
    Amazingly fast.
    No stutters (I had the original Transformer TF101.. which had lags sometimes).
    Sound is amazing (why don't other tablets have front speakers?).
    Wacom stylus is streets ahead of capacitive crap :)/ sorry adonit jot just doesn't cut it).
    Multi-tasking is awesome!

Cons-
    S-note is.. underwhelming. (But lecture notes was great!) Seriously wished s-note was better because I kind of like it.
    Multi-tasking is limited.. (although we get the Galaxy Note 2's multitasking abilities after we get jb right?)

EDIT:
    Just used this for class.. and doodling, amazing! It's like taking notes on paper, without the weight and fuss and ink and ****, and I can copy and paste stuff. Also, I used it in the crapper, and it's amazing for reddit and stuff because it won't crash from loading too many images. But the stylus is freaking fantastic! AHHHh! (BTW, LectureNotes is definitely worth it. I like Papyrus more than it in the beginning because Papyrus was easier to use, but LectureNotes' customizability is waaaaay worth the learning curve.)
    Check out this video, I think this is one of the best adds Samsung has ever come out with for this is among some of the best in the world

So, on my quest for the perfect android tablet, I found a nexus 10 at Wal-Mart and scooped it up. Yes, the screen is gorgeous, if a tad unsaturated. But, playing high stress games would make the cpu overheat and make the game turn in to a slide show. So it went back. Picked a Asus tf700, again, pretty screen. But I should have researched it more. It has a problem with it's memory being incredibly slow. Pull up a web page and it takes forever to load, and installing apps was agonizing. So back it went, and picked up a note 10.1, which I should have started with, since I have a note 2. Screen, compared to the Asus and nexus, is a bit grainy, but much more vibrant then those. Speed wise it seems every bit as fast as the nexus 10, but without all the horrible slowdown. I'm really enjoying it, and I think I found a keeper.
    The idea behind this thread is to have all reviews, opinions and feedback of note users collated under one roof.

This would make things simple for everyone easy to post opinions updates feedback, for those who look upon us before making a purchasing decision easier to find them.

I hope this is not take in a wrong way the whole idea is to get things organize so information is easier to find and not scattered around but not boss around or offend anyone.