[MOD] Blue/Red/Green Status Bar mods + Batt% - "Any One X Sense Rom" [UPDATED 30/08]

Search This thread

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
[MOD] Blue/Red/Green Status Bar mods + Batt% - "Any One X Sense Rom" [UPDATED 30/08]

If you don't already have a battery mod (1-100% and 1-100% battery mod charge), this will delete your battery. I'm working on a fix for this.
Stock Rom and ARHD are the two I know of at the moment.
Take a nandroid backup incase it delete yours battery icon.

Hi,

I have always been a lover of vanilla Android, and never really liked sense.. Sense 4.0 has changed, and I do like it, however, I'm still not keen on the status bar...

I have changed the icons in the status bar to be ICS Blue, which I think looks so much better! (Red added by request! - 30th April)
I am using the VillainTheme System, by VillainRom devs, which replaces the .png's within the app, instead of replacing the actual apk itself. A lot easier, and should work with all sense 4.0 roms :D

Anyway, below are screen shots. The clock is coloured from tweaks app (i'm on ViperXroms), the rest is in the flashable.zip that is found on my website..

Please click here to go to my site, navigate to the downloads page, and choose the Sense 4.0 Blue ICS Status Bar Mods.
(No direct link as the ad revenue helps pay for my time ;))

Any problems, non-themed icons or requests, please let me know :)

Thanks, Matt

SB6.png
blue-sense.png

SB6-red.png
red-sense.png

SB6-green.png
green-sense.png

Included in this themeing session -
  • SystemUI
  • Framework-res
  • Mail
  • Gmail
  • Messaging
  • Music
  • GTalk
  • PSCS (USB & HDMI Icons)

Code:
Changelog

Updated For Newer 2.17 Base (Android 4.0.4)
Bug: Talk.apk not themed - looking into it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

24 May 2012 - Sense Style Battery Added To Aroma Options

21 May 2012 - Found that USB Icon - USB Now Coloured
            - Now Using AROMA Installer, For A One Tim e Download/Try All Option!
            - GTalk Now Themed Too!

03 May 2012 - Green Released - By Request (Same Icons Just Green!)

30 April 2012 - RED Released - By Request! (Same Icons Just Red!)

V2 released - 26 April 2012
Apps That Have Themed Status Bar Icons

[list]
[*]SystemUI
[*]Framework-res
[*]Mail
[*]Gmail
[*]Messaging
[*]Music
[/list]

Attachments

• SB1.png
    SB1.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 2,747
  • SB2.png
    SB2.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 2,694
  • SB3.png
    SB3.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 2,669
  • SB4.png
    SB4.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 2,618
Last edited:

ok2nvnexus

Apr 6, 2012
Hi,

I have always been a lover of vanilla Android, and never really liked sense.. Sense 4.0 has changed, and I do like it, however, I'm still not keen on the status bar...

I have changed the icons in the status bar to be ICS Blue, which I think looks so much better!
I am using the VillainTheme System, by VillainRom devs, which replaces the .png's within the app, instead of replacing the actual apk itself. A lot easier, and should work with all sense 4.0 roms :D

Anyway, below are screen shots. The clock is coloured from LeeDrOid tweaks app (i'm on LeeDrOid roms), the rest is in the flashable.zip that is found on my website..

Please click here to go to my site, navigate to the downloads page, and choose the Sense 4.0 Blue ICS Status Bar Mods.

I will look into theming more (like the music app status bar icon), however, for the moment, I've only themed SystemUI.apk

Any problems, non-blue icons or requests, please let me know :)

Thanks, Matt

SB1.png

SB2.png

SB3.png

SB4.png

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sonic1611

Mar 13, 2012
groningen
after installing the blue status bar. My bar on the top is complitely gone. Stupid of me to not backup before flashing it. Any idea how that i get of back ?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
Ehm just the normal one. I Downloaded it from the site. And flashed it stupid me to not backup

So you're on stock rom?

I guess that means it doesn't work with odexed roms... what version number were you, the updated 1.28 or the older 1.26?

If there is a link to the stock rom, I might be able to extract the apps and place them in a flashable.zip...!

sonic1611

Mar 13, 2012
groningen
So you're on stock rom?

I guess that means it doesn't work with odexed roms... what version number were you, the updated 1.28 or the older 1.26?

If there is a link to the stock rom, I might be able to extract the apps and place them in a flashable.zip...!

I got 1.28 im not that much into it i wish i was so i could help aswell to resolve this

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
I got 1.28 im not that much into it i wish i was so i could help aswell to resolve this

Ok, so you unlocked the hboot, and then flashed the CWM, but didn't flash another rom?
I can try to put a flashable.zip together, you could try to flash a rooted rom, o you could flash this stock rom...

I guess /data would stay intact, I havent actually looked at any of the scripts to see if they delete /data, but I wouldnt think they do...
(if they did, you could always take a nandroid first so you can flash back to it, and then try another rom...?

sonic1611

Mar 13, 2012
groningen
Ok, so you unlocked the hboot, and then flashed the CWM, but didn't flash another rom?
I can try to put a flashable.zip together, you could try to flash a rooted rom, o you could flash this stock rom...

I guess /data would stay intact, I havent actually looked at any of the scripts to see if they delete /data, but I wouldnt think they do...
(if they did, you could always take a nandroid first so you can flash back to it, and then try another rom...?

For some reason i got it working now. I make a. Backup before i try New mods haha i Downloaded another stock top bar From the forum. Wish i could tell witch One i took. thanks for the fast help.

smaberg

Inactive Recognized Developer
Glad it is working for you now :)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

I tested The mod for fun on stock odexed 1.28 ROM, AND ITS WORKING GREAT if you wipe cache and dalvik cache.

BUT THE BATTERY disappeared. Must be because of battery icon placement in stock differs.

Could you fix that and upload a new one for stock odexed? Should be great, ad I'm having a special project based on odexed....

Reactions: mattmanwrx

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
I tested The mod for fun on stock odexed 1.28 ROM, AND ITS WORKING GREAT if you wipe cache and dalvik cache.

BUT THE BATTERY disappeared. Must be because of battery icon placement in stock differs.

Could you fix that and upload a new one for stock odexed? Should be great, ad I'm having a special project based on odexed....

Hi,

Thanks for comfirmation, I'll add in a wipe dalvik cache to the updater-script, Not sure on /cache itself, as that is where the backup goes to (although, I'm not sure if VillainRom devs have actually made the backup functional!)...

The battery has disappeared althogther? Could you show a screen shot? (Volume down and power at the same time on any ICS rom)
What I'm thinking is that, as it replaces the images, and there isn't a battery percentage to replace (just the normal 7 (I think) images of the normal battery meter, I could change it so that the stock odexed rom replaces the battery for just the 7 images to the ICS battery, without the percentage...
If this is the case, when you hit certain percentages (15, 28, 43, 57, 71, 85 & (maybe) 100, it will show the battery with percentage... Not ideal in this case!

When I have time, probably tomorrow now, maybe tonight if I dont get drunk :)D), I will download the stock odexed rom and create a "normal" ICS battery with those percentages, and have the two seperate downloads...

Thanks for the feedback - Matt :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you don't already have a battery mod (1-100% and 1-100% battery mod charge), this will delete your battery. I'm working on a fix for this.
    Stock Rom and ARHD are the two I know of at the moment.
    Take a nandroid backup incase it delete yours battery icon.

Hi,

I have changed the icons in the status bar to be ICS Blue, which I think looks so much better! (Red added by request! - 30th April)

Anyway, below are screen shots. The clock is coloured from tweaks app (i'm on ViperXroms), the rest is in the flashable.zip that is found on my website..

(No direct link as the ad revenue helps pay for my time ;))

Any problems, non-themed icons or requests, please let me know :)

Thanks, Matt

SB6.png
    blue-sense.png

SB6-red.png
    red-sense.png

SB6-green.png
    green-sense.png

Included in this themeing session -
    • SystemUI
    • Framework-res
    • Mail
    • Gmail
    • Messaging
    • Music
    • GTalk
    • PSCS (USB & HDMI Icons)

Code:
    Changelog

Updated For Newer 2.17 Base (Android 4.0.4)
    Bug: Talk.apk not themed - looking into it!

24 May 2012 - Sense Style Battery Added To Aroma Options

21 May 2012 - Found that USB Icon - USB Now Coloured
                - Now Using AROMA Installer, For A One Tim e Download/Try All Option!
                - GTalk Now Themed Too!

03 May 2012 - Green Released - By Request (Same Icons Just Green!)

30 April 2012 - RED Released - By Request! (Same Icons Just Red!)

V2 released - 26 April 2012
    Apps That Have Themed Status Bar Icons

[list]
    [*]SystemUI
    [*]Framework-res
    [*]Mail
    [*]Gmail
    [*]Messaging
    [*]Music
    [/list]
    Nice, and nicer you are using villaintheme system ;)
    A little teaser for you ;)

SB6-red.png

It's simply awesome, can't hardly wait.... Wait.......... Wait....... :banghead: lol
    Thanks man! Worked well and looks great! NOW.. my phone looks good!

hi matt,
    i'm just learning to use villaintheme system, and use your theme as example.
    i'm use HTC One V which is hdpi device, so i have to do resize and rename some to make it work:D
    btw, i like to ask you, how to change color date&clock? which part that i have to edit to change it?

thanks in advance

sorry for my bad english

Clock and date colour was done with viperX tweaks apps, I didn't actually change the colours in the theme...