Android 4.3 arriving for Galaxy S3 in October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
I sent the OP a pm to retitle this thread. Hope this catches people's attention (it won't) but it's a start to funnel any unwanted threads here.

roadhero

Jun 8, 2010
Language support?

Can anybody please check what languages does 4.3 have and if they're any different from 4.1.2? As we won't have root as of now, I'm afraid to lose support of one specific language enabled by Language Enabler. Thanks in advance!

gramenz

Jun 30, 2008
If rooted, use xposed framework and the xprivacy module....been using it and works great.

Not rooted. Only reason I ask is you could in DU's rom, and I thought it was a 4.3 thing. I use good for enterprise for my work email which detects root. I was able to turn root off easily this way.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

prdog1

Mar 10, 2012
Houston, Texas
Not rooted. Only reason I ask is you could in DU's rom, and I thought it was a 4.3 thing. I use good for enterprise for my work email which detects root. I was able to turn root off easily this way.

Can turn off root in SuperSu. May only be in PRO. Know it works for Isis. :cool:

gramenz

Jun 30, 2008
FYI, go into about phone and tap build # like 7 times to get developer options.

kirkwoodlucas

Jan 10, 2013
so if i go back to a stock rooted nan back up, i wont be able to get back to my cm11( best rom ever)

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

does this require root?
if not can you give me a link to a tutorial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prdog1 View Post
You use 7-zip to take the old pngs and swap them out in the new apk . Can have whatever emos and whatever color you want. We have blue in Hangouts.
does this require root?

Yes please, i love my emojis on 4.4, wont be able to back with out them

prdog1

Mar 10, 2012
Houston, Texas
so if i go back to a stock rooted nan back up, i wont be able to get back to my cm11( best rom ever)

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by prdog1 View Post
You use 7-zip to take the old pngs and swap them out in the new apk . Can have whatever emos and whatever color you want. We have blue in Hangouts.
does this require root?

Yes please, i love my emojis on 4.4, wont be able to back with out them
They will still be black and white on 4.3. The 4.3 framework can't use the ones on 4.4. They use same app but color only works on 4.4. Can change in Hangouts but not on the Google Keyboard. :cool:

Last edited:

BeansTown106

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i guess its time to rock this 4.3 :p stock root odex/deodex coming soon :D

gonna see if i can snag this tar :p :cool:
    I really hope you guys know the consequences of taking the official OTA of 4.3
    Your bootloader will be upgraded to a Knox secured one and trying to downgrade it back to an insecure one will brick your phone. This secure boot loader means no custom kernel and no custom recovery until we find a way around it. Root is still possible, but that's it... Only root.
    Just saying. If you guys want custom ROMs, its better to wait
    See here for more info
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47800268
    Tapatalk 4 sucks
    RErickOilfieldTrash3_zpse29e1dc7.png
    I just got a message from @Bulls1969 I think we will be working on getting the image today!

Tapatalk 4 sucks

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

I just got a message from @Bulls1969 I think we will be working on getting the image today!

Tapatalk 4 sucks
    You will get a Verizon version of 4.3 TW before the holidays whether it comes from Verizon or is leaked by Samsung. 4.2 was already being tested and there is no user difference between 4.2 and 4.3. All the changes are security changes. Samsung needs to sell that new smart watch. Without 4.3 it is a no go on S3, S4 and Note 2. As always do not take the OTA. This is Verizons chance to lock you down like they did the S4. :cool:
    Thread has been cleaned.
    Please keep it respectful and clean.