S4 randomly bricked?

Search This thread

Garen21

Sep 4, 2011
Los Angeles
I was running Goldeneye 3x for a few weeks, and just last night, i started to get a few random reboots. I thought nothing of it, then this morning, my phone doesn't turn on. I thought okay dead battery, put it to charge, but nope, no led, no response from the phone. There is no button combination that gives me a response. The only thing that gives me a response is taking the battery out, putting it back in. It gives the Samsung logo with the unlocked lock symbol and "custom" under it, and after about 2 seconds, it goes dead again. Maybe its a dead battery? What are my options? What should I look into?

Thanks

edit: got a new battery from fry's today, no difference, still won't turn on and still getting the same response from the phone

Last edited:

guut13

Sep 23, 2010
Boston
I was running Goldeneye 3x for a few weeks, and just last night, i started to get a few random reboots. I thought nothing of it, then this morning, my phone doesn't turn on. I thought okay dead battery, put it to charge, but nope, no led, no response from the phone. There is no button combination that gives me a response. The only thing that gives me a response is taking the battery out, putting it back in. It gives the Samsung logo with the unlocked lock symbol and "custom" under it, and after about 2 seconds, it goes dead again. Maybe its a dead battery? What are my options? What should I look into?

Thanks

Since you can't get into safestrap, will it allow you to reboot into download mode? You could try ODIN back to stock?

Garen21

Sep 4, 2011
Los Angeles
Could it be a broken power button (the internal button not the outside one)? or a messed up usb port? A different battery gave the same results as my original battery