Proximity sensor manager wakelock (Lollipop 5.11)

Search This thread

BlackArtsInc

Apr 26, 2012
Athens
Is it normal with 1h 45 min talk time to have 1h 35min proximity sensor manager wakelock? This is a huge wakelock according to Better Battery Stats. Any way to lower it?
N.

Not sent by me.

scorpion87bg

Nov 9, 2016
Did you find any solution? It's the same for me proximity sensor manager is keeping the phone awake during calls even though I use the power button to turn the screen off until the call is finished. When using speaker there is no problem - Xperia Z2.

scorpion87bg

Nov 9, 2016
what do you want? to have a phone in deep sleep state while you are in a call???

I would not ask this if it was not like that when on speaker. I don't know if it is normal or not just noticed that when I am talking on speaker this is not active and the phone is not keeped awake by Android System! Also talking on speaker drains less battery and I think it is because of that.
Other thing. How is it possible to recieve calls when the phone is in deep sleep?! Why not able to talk while the phone is sleeping. I don't understand too much but I think it's not a function which needs to keep the whole system awake.

karamancho

May 14, 2014
It is not possible to have the phone in deep sleep while in call so the wakelock is irrelevant.

scorpion87bg

Nov 9, 2016
Just to say for someone who may find it helpful. After I found that when on speaker proximity sensor manager is not active this way Android System not keeping the phone awake during call I decided to block the service with Amplify. The result is when normal talking the proximity is not working(not switching the screen off), but ANYWAY after my phone had the display changed It is not working the way it should. Even when the screen is off by the proximity I can still press buttons with my cheek, so I always turn the screen off manually using the power button. So switching the display off by the proximity is useless for me anyway just another service keeping the phone awake. I've seen people to complain about damaged proximity sensors and that the screen always goes black during call, this way the screen is always on, so maybe someone will find it helpful :).