G2 for Verizon update now.

Search This thread

Adauth

Feb 7, 2011
New Orleans
Well I have CWM install so oh well. From what I have read it's not a big update anyway.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

syfulus

Jan 9, 2014
Well since i bricked my other phone I bought a new one today and have it rooted and am running my first ROM on my G2. I also know what I did wrong my TWRP bootloader was not properly installed, by myself, so when I stupidly hit the update button it tried to run the bootloader and errored. For whatever reason this also affects you going into DL mode and flashing back to stock so I was stuck buying a new phone. Maybe eventually someone will come with a way to fix, I will continue to look, that issue till then i have a really expensive paper weight. But its all part of playing the game I am going to look at is as a learning experience. Thanks everyone on here.

Reactions: goodmamba

wsw1640

Nov 9, 2010
I got the error code myself. I'm rooted but everything else is stock except for bloat I removed a long time ago. No custom recovery and I have the hotspot provision. I'm confused what should I do to update?

I just replaced the mobile hotspot with free original. Still no luck.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

antinorm

Jul 24, 2009
The question I have... is what does this update include or change? its called 12b but that doesn't tell me anything... I was about to root my phone, as I have enjoyed it for a while unrooted (without any issues at ALL) but I need to start tethering my phone for internet- and will need to root. So I hopefully can still do so.

12B seems to have fixed the bug where the G2's display brightness would start jumping around at random. I updated right after 12B came out, and I haven't seen this happen one time since.

I'm sure there's more that 12B fixed.

Steamer86

May 29, 2012
Baltimore
12B also fixed the slow charge kernel/driver bug. Also knock on is much more reliable. Haven't really had the CAB flicker issue since using LUX.

trickskevry

Dec 23, 2009
It worked for me on the Verizon update. Happily rooted still. As long as you don't have a custom recovery. Just stock and rooted it will work fine.

I am stock and rooted, and the update fails repeatedly. Other than getting su paid, is there anything I have to do to get the update to succeed?

Sorry for the noob question if I missed the answer elsewhere.

Edit: Finally got the update to go through using LG's Software Upgrade Assistant, will have to reroot.

Last edited:

baw2345

Mar 14, 2009
12B update

The question I have... is what does this update include or change? its called 12b but that doesn't tell me anything... I was about to root my phone, as I have enjoyed it for a while unrooted (without any issues at ALL) but I need to start tethering my phone for internet- and will need to root. So I hopefully can still do so.

I spoke to VZW customer care and the fwd me this:

Software Update/Upgrade: SU2
Software Version: VS98012B
TA Date: 12/19/13
Commercial Availability: via OTA 12/20/13
Issues Resolved
· During a voice call, the audio quality cracks and pops. ¿ FIXED
· No SIM card message comes up after activation. - FIXED
· Path input(Swype) engine in the keyboard is fairly inaccurate - FIXED
· Black screen issue: The device doesn¿t display on when press the power key or knock on. - FIXED
· B4 Enabled - Implemented.
· Updated VZ Mobile Security from v1.3 to v2.0
· Updated NFL mobile from v7.0.0.30 to v8.2.3.
· Preloaded Verizon Cloud.
· Removed Viewdini application
· Preloaded latest My Verizon application (v10.0.441)
· No service after activation, unable to connect to any kind of network. - FIXED
· Ever since upgrading to SU1 the phone will not charge - FIXED
· Display not staying powered on ¿ FIXED
· EAS calendar not syncing. - FIXED
· Exchange email not sending. - FIXED
· Exchange Free/Busy error when using E2K10 - FIXED
· Use of Space key (keyboard) often results in activating the home key right below it. - FIXED
· Email defaulted to personal email. - FIXED
· Display goes blank after device is powered on under a table - FIXED
· Truncated text when viewed via the Folio. - FIXED
· Video playback quality is poor through some websites. - FIXED
· Contacts list has wrong data. - FIXED
· Unable to do 3-way calling on VS980 after the first one is successful. - FIXED
· Lock screen displayed the contents of exchange email instead of regular lock screen picture. - FIXED
· Cannot view or save attachments from exchange email. - FIXED
· Device password Lock enables anytime you start charge. - FIXED
· Exchange active sync email sub folders button too small. - FIXED
· Exchange email password expiration does not provide a prompt. - FIXED
· SMS text cut off when you rotate from landscape to portrait or vice versa - FIXED
· Set the Max Security lock timer by EAS lock policy timer. - FIXED
· HTC Power Pack 6000 mAH won't charge device. - FIXED
· SMS Notification - need to scroll to see latest text. - FIXED
· Improved volume control functionality during talkback is on. - FIXED
· BUA+ Contacts: Contact backup does not resume after sync in progress is interrupted by voice call. - FIXED
· In some cases device became unresponsive - FIXED
· After I connected to my Mac, I could not access anything beyond "sdcard0" - FIXED
· Filter option to hide or show Visual Voicemail on call logs. - FIXED
· UI Changes
· Q remote improved.
· Need to support QSlide messaging.
· Improved call UI.
· Improved LG keyboard.
· Improved navigation bar.
· Improved lock screen.
· Improved home screen.
· Improved camera UI.
· Improved Quick Window.
Software Update/Upgrade: SU1
Software Version: VS98011A
TA Date: 9/18/13
Commercial Availability: via OTA 09/19/13

Hopefully this helps...

wsw1640

Nov 9, 2010
Could someone tell me what Verizon apps I need to have to update? I deleted the majority of them when I rooted.

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
I deleted a ton of Verizon apps and was rooted. No problems EXCEPT a custom recovery will boot loop you when trying to update OTA.

12B fixes a few things, mainly the Slow Charge notificiation on everything outside of the stock cable. It also adds a few new options.

wsw1640

Nov 9, 2010
I deleted a ton of Verizon apps and was rooted. No problems EXCEPT a custom recovery will boot loop you when trying to update OTA.

12B fixes a few things, mainly the Slow Charge notificiation on everything outside of the stock cable. It also adds a few new options.

Did you have a custom recovery?

mac35

Jun 10, 2010
Rooted but otherwise stock here. No recovery or custom ROM. Update went smoothly and I kept root. Knock On seems much more responsive now, less lost taps. Also the camera app layout has been updated. I'm not noticing much else different at this point.

wsw1640

Nov 9, 2010
That was easier than I thought. Installed with twrp.

luckysnafu

May 7, 2010
I'm stuck in a TWRP recovery loop. I am rooted and accidentally accepted the OTA update. I can successfully push roms and other files to my G2 but cannot successfully install a rom. I've tried installing the OTA stock roms (11A and 12B) with no luck. Each time I reboot after installing a rom I'm back in TWRP recovery. I've updated TWRP to 2.6.3.3 but that hasn't seemed to help at all. Any help would be appreciated before I do a factory reset and lose all my data.

Parabe11um

Jul 27, 2013
io18 Is not working for me.

Hi,
I just got my new LG G2. I installed the drivers and set my phone to accept unknown sources as well as allow debugging. When I try the root, it sits on looking for device. It tells me to check device manager. I do and my phone is listed in the devices... Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Parabe11um

blondebro7

Jan 29, 2011
hello fellow LG G2 ers!!
like you all i have noticed the ota getting pushed out on my lgg2 today (day 1 of my new phone) from what i am gathering i should be safe to root then ota update as long as im on a stock rom with no custom recovery. which i am. but is it possible to root the device after the update?? other random question for the newb sorry but on my old razr maxx HD there was a bootloader that needed to be unlocked. si there a security check of some sort that is impossible to relock on this phone? thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wonder what it is.

Waiting for ur report man :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Most probably he will open up another thread like.

"Help I got an OTA on my rooted device and now I have a "brick"

@op try to do some steps search in here before you do the OTA.
    12B update

I spoke to VZW customer care and the fwd me this:

Software Update/Upgrade: SU2
    Software Version: VS98012B
    TA Date: 12/19/13
    Commercial Availability: via OTA 12/20/13
    Issues Resolved
    · During a voice call, the audio quality cracks and pops. ¿ FIXED
    · No SIM card message comes up after activation. - FIXED
    · Path input(Swype) engine in the keyboard is fairly inaccurate - FIXED
    · Black screen issue: The device doesn¿t display on when press the power key or knock on. - FIXED
    · B4 Enabled - Implemented.
    · Updated VZ Mobile Security from v1.3 to v2.0
    · Updated NFL mobile from v7.0.0.30 to v8.2.3.
    · Preloaded Verizon Cloud.
    · Removed Viewdini application
    · Preloaded latest My Verizon application (v10.0.441)
    · No service after activation, unable to connect to any kind of network. - FIXED
    · Ever since upgrading to SU1 the phone will not charge - FIXED
    · Display not staying powered on ¿ FIXED
    · EAS calendar not syncing. - FIXED
    · Exchange email not sending. - FIXED
    · Exchange Free/Busy error when using E2K10 - FIXED
    · Use of Space key (keyboard) often results in activating the home key right below it. - FIXED
    · Email defaulted to personal email. - FIXED
    · Display goes blank after device is powered on under a table - FIXED
    · Truncated text when viewed via the Folio. - FIXED
    · Video playback quality is poor through some websites. - FIXED
    · Contacts list has wrong data. - FIXED
    · Unable to do 3-way calling on VS980 after the first one is successful. - FIXED
    · Lock screen displayed the contents of exchange email instead of regular lock screen picture. - FIXED
    · Cannot view or save attachments from exchange email. - FIXED
    · Device password Lock enables anytime you start charge. - FIXED
    · Exchange active sync email sub folders button too small. - FIXED
    · Exchange email password expiration does not provide a prompt. - FIXED
    · SMS text cut off when you rotate from landscape to portrait or vice versa - FIXED
    · Set the Max Security lock timer by EAS lock policy timer. - FIXED
    · HTC Power Pack 6000 mAH won't charge device. - FIXED
    · SMS Notification - need to scroll to see latest text. - FIXED
    · Improved volume control functionality during talkback is on. - FIXED
    · BUA+ Contacts: Contact backup does not resume after sync in progress is interrupted by voice call. - FIXED
    · In some cases device became unresponsive - FIXED
    · After I connected to my Mac, I could not access anything beyond "sdcard0" - FIXED
    · Filter option to hide or show Visual Voicemail on call logs. - FIXED
    · UI Changes
    · Q remote improved.
    · Need to support QSlide messaging.
    · Improved call UI.
    · Improved LG keyboard.
    · Improved navigation bar.
    · Improved lock screen.
    · Improved home screen.
    · Improved camera UI.
    · Improved Quick Window.
    Software Update/Upgrade: SU1
    Software Version: VS98011A
    TA Date: 9/18/13
    Commercial Availability: via OTA 09/19/13

Hopefully this helps...
    When anyone gets the update installed can you get a build number for us & kernel date?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

I'll post back when my update is done. I just started it about one minute ago. I never rooted my G2, so I'm not really concerned about it bricking. It does say on my screen that it is currently updating software 1/2, so it appears that the update is two files.
    Is there a way to freeze something in titanium backup so I quit getting the message.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

So is it safe for rooted devices?

You freeze this...
    I'm stuck in a TWRP recovery loop. I am rooted and accidentally accepted the OTA update. I can successfully push roms and other files to my G2 but cannot successfully install a rom. I've tried installing the OTA stock roms (11A and 12B) with no luck. Each time I reboot after installing a rom I'm back in TWRP recovery. I've updated TWRP to 2.6.3.3 but that hasn't seemed to help at all. Any help would be appreciated before I do a factory reset and lose all my data.

Don't try and flash stock. Try malludis to see if it flashes

Hi,
    I just got my new LG G2. I installed the drivers and set my phone to accept unknown sources as well as allow debugging. When I try the root, it sits on looking for device. It tells me to check device manager. I do and my phone is listed in the devices... Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Parabe11um

In usb connection set it do ethernet.

hello fellow LG G2 ers!!
    like you all i have noticed the ota getting pushed out on my lgg2 today (day 1 of my new phone) from what i am gathering i should be safe to root then ota update as long as im on a stock rom with no custom recovery. which i am. but is it possible to root the device after the update?? other random question for the newb sorry but on my old razr maxx HD there was a bootloader that needed to be unlocked. si there a security check of some sort that is impossible to relock on this phone? thanks in advance!

Edit: not sure if root is possible. Try
    Searching