Bell Rogers Telus SIM UNLOCK ?

Search This thread

Anthony77777

Jan 21, 2014
The search function doesn't work very we'll on this site. I have been searching for days and can't find any method to SIM unlock a S4 from a CANADIAN carrier that's not a AT&T phone.

Does anyone know if its possible ?

Phone model: I337M
Fireware: 4.3

Last edited:

Anthony77777

Jan 21, 2014
It does work. You have to use the search tool on the right side to search inside the thread.... people have used it on at&t phones. You need to be on 4.2.2 though.

If you are wary of this then pay for an unlock code

Bell doesn't have a 4.2.2 firmware for their S4 model (SGH-I337M). They were released with 4.3.

Last edited:

Anthony77777

Jan 21, 2014
potter caaquie

So there is no current method developed to unlock a Bell, Rogers,Telus, Virgin and Koodo 4.3 SGH-I337M S4.

Am I correct XDA ?

Last edited:

azuziel

Nov 26, 2013
The search function doesn't work very we'll on this site. I have been searching for days and can't find any method to unlock a S4 from a CANADIAN carrier that's not a AT&T phone.

Does anyone know if its possible ?

Kingo Root does. I used it on my Canadian model, which is an i377m btw, i377 is US model. Just download kingo root app, install to pc, attach the usb and click root. Be sure to allow any pop ups on device, and do NOT allow it to use the cfautoroot method (or odin mode), as that will trip knox. If it gets that far, just close out and run it again. I've had a few handsets take 2 attemps. You can install any custom recovery you want, and run any rom for i377m or international variant of the s4, just keep in mind flashing a custom recovery will trip knox. Kingo root itself, does NOT trip knox, mine is intact. i377m is a candian variant with an unlocked bootloader, i377 is the US version with a locked bootloader. Very different. mentioned due to you saying another method doesn't work on i377. well no, it doesn't, but if you're asking about a Canadian model, it's an i377m, and it will work.

I run 4.3 stock touchwiz, rooted, with wanam to fake official status, nova prime for the kitakat themed stuff.

Last edited:

Anthony77777

Jan 21, 2014
Kingo Root does. I used it on my Canadian model, which is an i377m btw, i377 is US model. Just download kingo root app, install to pc, attach the usb and click root. Be sure to allow any pop ups on device, and do NOT allow it to use the cfautoroot method (or odin mode), as that will trip knox. If it gets that far, just close out and run it again. I've had a few handsets take 2 attemps. You can install any custom recovery you want, and run any rom for i377m or international variant of the s4, just keep in mind flashing a custom recovery will trip knox. Kingo root itself, does NOT trip knox, mine is intact. i377m is a candian variant with an unlocked bootloader, i377 is the US version with a locked bootloader. Very different. mentioned due to you saying another method doesn't work on i377. well no, it doesn't, but if you're asking about a Canadian model, it's an i377m, and it will work.

I run 4.3 stock touchwiz, rooted, with wanam to fake official status, nova prime for the kitakat themed stuff.

I am talking about SIM unlock not boot unlock.

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012
Bell doesn't have a 4.2.2 firmware for their S4 model (SGH-I337M). They were released with 4.3.

Sammobile has the 4.2 firmware for the Bell I337m (Canada (Bell Mobile) 2013 July 4.2.2 I337MVLUAMG1 I337MOYAAMG1).

My guess is the hidden menu unlock procedure will work after you flash that firmware. Alternatively if you can locate and flash just the MG1 modem it should give you access to the hidden menu. You can then reflash your current modem.

Anthony77777

Jan 21, 2014
yriteri vows

Sammobile has the 4.2 firmware for the Bell I337m (Canada (Bell Mobile) 2013 July 4.2.2 I337MVLUAMG1 I337MOYAAMG1).

My guess is the hidden menu unlock procedure will work after you flash that firmware. Alternatively if you can locate and flash just the MG1 modem it should give you access to the hidden menu. You can then reflash your current modem.

Odin 3.07 using pda & Rogers 4.2.2 (2013 April 337MVLUAMDJ) from sammobile on Rogers 4.3.

YuZmjQp.jpg

Mkxv5YR.png

k1cqzEA.jpg

Last edited:

Anthony77777

Jan 21, 2014
tandcia the

What firmware did you start with? Re-flash that firmware to get back to stock and get your phone working again.

I started with I337MVLUEMK6 (Rogers 4.3). I was able to successfully restore with that firmware with oden.

So it seems i337m doesn't downgrade on 4.3. Is there a way I can flash the modem to get access to the menu ?
It's all about umts secret menu access.

Last edited:

Gage_Hero

Jul 22, 2010
I started with I337MVLUEMK6 (Rogers 4.3). I was able to successfully restore with that firmware with oden.

So it seems i337m don't downgrade. Is there a way I can flash the modem to get access to the menu ?

There are lots of kiosks in malls that will do it for around $20.... unless you are actually trying to kill the phone... (kidding)

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012

So it seems i337m doesn't downgrade on 4.3. Is there a way I can flash the modem to get access to the menu ?

It appears the Canadian models also have locked bootloaders which prevent you from downgrading the entire firmware.

I saw the MG1 4.2 modem in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2324667

Once you flash that it should give you access to the hidden menu. You can then re-flash the MK6 modem after you unlock (also in the above thread).

Reactions: jainanshal

traitimmapu

Jun 21, 2012
I have fido on 4.3 stock I337MVLUEMK6 rom. I tried to downgrade it to I337MVLUAMDJ using the Rogers (http://stockroms.net/file/GalaxyS4//SGH-I337M) to get the hidden service menu. I was able to get it downgrade and show the baseband and build version to : I337MVLUAMDJ using ODIN 3.09 and access the service menu(http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2285431) to go through the steps and unlock the phone. However I got the invalid sim error and also the phone wifi and sound doesn't work

Any ideas how to get it work on the I337MVLUAMDJ firmware?

Thank

azuziel

Nov 26, 2013
It appears the Canadian models also have locked bootloaders which prevent you from downgrading the entire firmware.

I saw the MG1 4.2 modem in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2324667

Once you flash that it should give you access to the hidden menu. You can then re-flash the MK6 modem after you unlock (also in the above thread).

Canadian models do not have locked bootloaders. even knox doesnt lock it. which is why we can run custom recoveries and kernels. will trip knox, but it is *not* locked bootloader. I337m = unlocked

Sent from my SGH-I337M

veryluckyguy

Jan 29, 2011
I have fido on 4.3 stock I337MVLUEMK6 rom. I tried to downgrade it to I337MVLUAMDJ using the Rogers (http://stockroms.net/file/GalaxyS4//SGH-I337M) to get the hidden service menu. I was able to get it downgrade and show the baseband and build version to : I337MVLUAMDJ using ODIN 3.09 and access the service menu(http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2285431) to go through the steps and unlock the phone. However I got the invalid sim error and also the phone wifi and sound doesn't work

Any ideas how to get it work on the I337MVLUAMDJ firmware?

Thank

I also have a Canadian MK6 and downgraded it to MDJ and did everything in the hidden menu but still unable to unlock. After more searching I finally found a way to unlock mine. Check this out.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.