Anyone switch from the LG G2 to the HTC One M8?

Search This thread

bomber889

May 12, 2010
I switched from the g2. I liked the size of the g2 better but the build quality on the HTC is definitely worth it. Battery life is a bit worse I'd say but nothing too much to be bothered about. The g2 camera was mediocre to me, I like HTC better, pixel count doesn't really matter to me. Can't wait til we get s-off on this beast

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
Whatever I get will have 32GB and sd slot (like my S4), so that tips to the M8 for now (pending my review of the S5 and IF Verizon offers a 32GB verison).

Morpheus991

yea forgot to mention the height....its outrageously tall for the screensize. literally sticks out the top of the pocket on my apcs

Damn, I didn't think about that..I love my apc's, thanks for the heads up. I'll have to go in store again and try to find a non creepy way to ask them if they have one I can stick in my pants.. :laugh: (no joke!)

sincerity

Dec 22, 2010
Damn, I didn't think about that..I love my apc's, thanks for the heads up. I'll have to go in store again and try to find a non creepy way to ask them if they have one I can stick in my pants.. :laugh: (no joke!)

haha yea good luck with the pockets...you'll have a good 1" of the M8 sticking out of them at the top...it's pretty ridiculous how long this phone is

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Loved just about everything about the G2 outside of the build quality; I began to have random hardware glitches until a couple of drops destroyed the whole screen. Never needed a quick shutter for the kinds of pictures I took, so I'm going to miss the great camera on the G2. Battery life will be shorter on the M8 but it still has plenty of juice; farthest I've gone is about 30 hours of light usage. I also loved the G2's screen being just about the only thing on the entire face of the phone, but in hindsight I would have sacrificed a little more bezel to protect the screen more.

If you're already loving the G2 and aren't having problems with it, there isn't much reason to switch to the M8, especially before being able to fully compare it to the S5/G3/Z2.
    I came from a Moto X & LG G2 & don't get me wrong but I prefer the G2 more for its bigger battery, bigger led notification & bigger screen. The HTC One M8 is one of my newest HTC phones since the Rezound and HTC came along way but that extra tallness just makes it feel like a candy bar phone. I am most likely going to return the HTC One & get my Moto X back (wife has the G2) or get another G2 who knows.