Verizon remote access everything on your phone?

Search This thread

kleigh774

Jun 25, 2012
Can someone explain when and why this came about? I can't find out much on Google other then they started tested it on the revolution phone in 2012. I didn't know anything about this until today while on the phone with a rep discussing switching to another phone and he asked why I wanted to leave my s4. I said due to bad battery life. Then he started telling how I had done everything in settings and such to save battery but went on to tell me exactly when I took my phone off the charger, how much bay percent I had left at that very moment, how many 3rd party apps I had installed and even told me which ones where running in the background at that very moment. I maybe behind on the time but he didn't ask to access my phone like they do when you remote access your computer. Can someone catch me up on this cause I don't to much care for as the article stated that any rep would be able to access your phone as if it was in there hand.

Last edited:

LaTropa64

Feb 7, 2010
Can someone explain when and why this came about? I can't find out much on Google other then they started tested it on the revolution phone in 2012. I didn't know anything about this until today while on the phone with a rep discussing switching to another phone and he asked why I wanted to leave my s4. I said due to bad battery life. Then he started telling how I had done everything in settings and such to save battery but went on to tell me exactly when I took my phone off the charger, how much bay percent I had left at that very moment, how many 3rd party apps I had installed and even told me which ones where running in the background at that very moment. I maybe behind on the time but he didn't ask to access my phone like they do when you remote access your computer. Can someone catch me up on this cause I don't to much care for as the article stated that any rep would be able to access your phone as if it was in there hand.

I don't know if it has anything to do with it but I noticed Samsung Knox is enabled by default as a Device administrator and has access to all that stuff. I disabled it.

Settings > Security > Device administrators

An9qePil.png

kleigh774

Jun 25, 2012
No its not just the s4. The only thing I could find was that article from March of 2012 and they where hiding it in a ota on the LG revolution phone that didn't sell well to test it out. Now here it is 2014 and they can tell me everything on my phone while I am talking to them in that same phone. Here's the article from then. It's named something else but doesn't mean they couldn't name it something we can't find.
http://www.extremetech.com/computin...is-a-scary-look-at-the-future-of-tech-support

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Larzzzz82

Mar 24, 2014
Boston, MA
I know the my Verizon mobile want permission to see what programs are running... VZW APN I believe is the process. I believer the APN stands for, active program notification... I have no idea, but it makes sense to me.

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
I know the my Verizon mobile want permission to see what programs are running... VZW APN I believe is the process. I believer the APN stands for, active program notification... I have no idea, but it makes sense to me.

Stands for Access Point Names, it has to do with mobile data connections.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app