[Q] No SMS while on WiFi??

Search This thread

gr0wlithee

Please tell me I'm not the only one with this issue!

For the past three weeks, I can't send/receive texts or even calls sometimes while WiFi is turned on. However, when I'm out and not connected to WiFi, there is no issue. I've tried calling T-Mobile but all they wanted to do was factory reset my phone. When I DO get phone calls, the other people seem as though they are breaking up and I can't understand them AT ALL. And when I do manage to send texts, they take forever to reach their destinations.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:

1iwilly

Aug 19, 2011
i had that kind of issue after installing adblockplus couldn't even download mms or sms.or if the sms would take long time to send.i remove adbplus fix the issue at least for me
so trace back if you started having the problem after adding an app.????

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

also on my daughters same problem no apps install t-mobile had here take out the batt then the sim card wait 30 seconds re install everything back. they re flash the sim over the air. hope this helps

gr0wlithee

i had that kind of issue after installing adblockplus couldn't even download mms or sms.or if the sms would take long time to send.i remove adbplus fix the issue at least for me
so trace back if you started having the problem after adding an app.????

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

also on my daughters same problem no apps install t-mobile had here take out the batt then the sim card wait 30 seconds re install everything back. they re flash the sim over the air. hope this helps

thanks for the answer! I used to have adblockplus but I uninstalleunit and did a factory reset and the problem still persists. I tried the other solution also and it worked for a good five minutes and now back to square one... :(

It's getting really annoying because I feel as though TMobile didn't really know what was going on either.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

1iwilly

Aug 19, 2011
well since last night my daughters phone would receive phone calls but she couldn't call out everything else was working call t-mobile again had phone off had them re send signal to sim. working now but this is what bothers me now he said that it seems from time to time the sim card would disconnect from the phone and we should get in the habit of turning the phone off and then back on to fix this issue.i wouldn't tell a customer that just bought the phone 2 month ago that kind of respond especially when you are buying a $600.00+ for this phone.

Reactions: gr0wlithee

TheArtiszan

Jun 12, 2009
What type of WiFi do you use?
I use WiFi calling on mine frequently and don't have any problems.
For the sms, are you using hangouts for texting?

gr0wlithee

What type of WiFi do you use?
I use WiFi calling on mine frequently and don't have any problems.
For the sms, are you using hangouts for texting?

Just your average home WiFi connection if that's what you're asking.. I saw that WiFi calling was causing the problem for some people so it's been turned off on my phone for a while.

And I used to use hangouts but I switched back to regular messaging.... Then a few weeks later, this problem!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

mahanddeem

Nov 13, 2011
Some people reported same type of issues when they had"smart network switch" on. Disable that if it's on and see if that fixes the problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well since last night my daughters phone would receive phone calls but she couldn't call out everything else was working call t-mobile again had phone off had them re send signal to sim. working now but this is what bothers me now he said that it seems from time to time the sim card would disconnect from the phone and we should get in the habit of turning the phone off and then back on to fix this issue.i wouldn't tell a customer that just bought the phone 2 month ago that kind of respond especially when you are buying a $600.00+ for this phone.