LG GPAD 8.3 GPE taken off the play store

Search This thread

dartos5536

Dec 31, 2012
Shame that. Mine absolutely rocks. Hopefully it will last a long time.

I'm thinking of buying one in the next couple of days (found new ones for pretty good discount). I've read a lot of reviews and it seems like a good tablet. What do you like and not like about it? I'm mainly going to use it for reading articles, books, and websites and some apps for work. Don't really plan on watching movies or listening to music or playing games on it.

I'd appreciate any input you have. Thanks.

cam30era

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Columbus, Indiana
I'm thinking of buying one in the next couple of days (found new ones for pretty good discount). I've read a lot of reviews and it seems like a good tablet. What do you like and not like about it? It's fast and very responsive. It's light and easy to hold. And I like stock Android OS.

I'm mainly going to use it for reading articles, books (Kindle is much easier on the eyes than any tablet for extensive reading, imho)

, and websites and some apps for work. (Outstanding for this)

Don't really plan on watching movies or listening to music or playing games on it.

I'd appreciate any input you have. Thanks.

Comments in RED above.

dartos5536

Dec 31, 2012
What's the deal with the SD card?

Been trying to figure it out from reviews and other threads... Can you read from it but not write to it? Neither? Thanks.

schalmers

Apr 17, 2010
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 6
For me I could read the SD Card without any issues but I could not write to it without rooting the tablet and then installing the following app from the Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix

But this is a a KitKat 4.4 issue and not unique to the GPAD 8.3 GPE, all KitKat devices block write access to the SD Cards from what I understand. With the app from the playstore this is easily "fixed" but root is required for the application.

Afterwards you can also use FolderMount (from Playstore) to move large app and data folders to the SD Card as well.

I am very happy with the tablet myself, only regret is that there is not much development but rooted 4.4.4 works great anyway....

Reactions: dartos5536

dartos5536

Dec 31, 2012
For me I could read the SD Card without any issues but I could not write to it without rooting the tablet and then installing the following app from the Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix

But this is a a KitKat 4.4 issue and not unique to the GPAD 8.3 GPE, all KitKat devices block write access to the SD Cards from what I understand. With the app from the playstore this is easily "fixed" but root is required for the application.

Afterwards you can also use FolderMount (from Playstore) to move large app and data folders to the SD Card as well.

I am very happy with the tablet myself, only regret is that there is not much development but rooted 4.4.4 works great anyway....

Ah good to know. Thanks.

Diviance

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 30, 2010
I picked up on the clearance G-Pad's (GPE) and in 4.4.4 I have no trouble read/writing to a brand new Samsung Evo 32GB MicroSD without rooting as of yet. Completely stock.

----

Edit: Oddly, after getting around to unlocking the bootloader and rooting, I actually had to download the KitKat SDFix app and run it to use the sdcard in apps which I did not have to do before unlocking the bootloader and rooting. So... I dunno.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts