XBMC or SPMC for AFTV?

Search This thread

danknasty

Nov 6, 2014
I rather not have it auto update. The latest version of kodi which is 13.3.3 has the .ts file playback issue as is the case with Gotham. Surprisingly, the 13.3.2 version has it working just fine.

Oh I've been using the 13.3.3 version but to install a different version of spmc can I just push the new one and it will overwrite or how can this be done. If rather not start from scratch as I have a lot of stuff loaded already and I am also having some stability issues with spmc on this version.

navigates

Jun 28, 2014
Oh I've been using the 13.3.3 version but to install a different version of spmc can I just push the new one and it will overwrite or how can this be done. If rather not start from scratch as I have a lot of stuff loaded already and I am also having some stability issues with spmc on this version.

Interesting. I had the exact same issue as I too had upgraded to SPMC 13.3.3 and wanted to move back. You cannot downgrade. The best way to do this is to do a backup of spmc using adbfire. Note: you can change the xbmc variant in the settings. I believe it is spmc.semprax.com (check the spelling). If you still want the exact name, let me know and I'll give it to you once I reach home.
Uninstall SPMC. and reinstall the 13.3.2 version. After clean install, do the SPMC restore and there you have it. 13.3.2 with all your settings entact.

hope this helps.

Petesky

Jun 17, 2008
I'm using spmc 13.3.3 and works without any problems , but I had to use xbmc backup ,as adbfire wouldnt back it up, pressing kodi backup gives error that kodi is not installed

navigates

Jun 28, 2014
adbfire works just fine with spmc. You have to change the xbmc variant to spmc.semperpax.com
Have you tried .ts files with 13.3.3. I cannot get 13.3.3 to work properly with .ts files. 13.3.2 works just fine.

Reactions: Sc0rp10

navigates

Jun 28, 2014
even with xbmc variant changed to spmc it says kodi not installed. did you change anything else to get it to work?

The only time I saw that message when I was when I was trying to restore my backup on a friends xbmc and my preferences was pointed to spmc. What OS are you using? Try re-installing it. I'm in windows 8.1 and never had any issues with adbfire.

Sc0rp10

Aug 22, 2010
Dubai
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
The only time I saw that message when I was when I was trying to restore my backup on a friends xbmc and my preferences was pointed to spmc. What OS are you using? Try re-installing it. I'm in windows 8.1 and never had any issues with adbfire.
I'm on Windows 7

EDIT: deleted com.semperpax.spmc from preferences and put it there again. now it works. thanks for the help

Last edited:

danknasty

Nov 6, 2014
Interesting. I had the exact same issue as I too had upgraded to SPMC 13.3.3 and wanted to move back. You cannot downgrade. The best way to do this is to do a backup of spmc using adbfire. Note: you can change the xbmc variant in the settings. I believe it is spmc.semprax.com (check the spelling). If you still want the exact name, let me know and I'll give it to you once I reach home.
Uninstall SPMC. and reinstall the 13.3.2 version. After clean install, do the SPMC restore and there you have it. 13.3.2 with all your settings entact.

hope this helps.

Your method worked however to both backup and then restore took about an hour plus each way. Is this normal to take this long?

navigates

Jun 28, 2014
Your method worked however to both backup and then restore took about an hour plus each way. Is this normal to take this long?

Either you have an extensive library of xbmc. What is the size of your xbmc on your firetv. you can see it in settings. Mine is about 330 mb totally. My backup restore takes on total of about 20 minutes at tops. I'm on a wired connection.

danknasty

Nov 6, 2014
Either you have an extensive library of xbmc. What is the size of your xbmc on your firetv. you can see it in settings. Mine is about 330 mb totally. My backup restore takes on total of about 20 minutes at tops. I'm on a wired connection.

Yea my thumbnails folder is over 700 Megs. If I empty this folder will it automatically redownload the content once I update my library. That process seems to be faster.

navigates

Jun 28, 2014
Yea my thumbnails folder is over 700 Megs. If I empty this folder will it automatically redownload the content once I update my library. That process seems to be faster.

two suggestions. Do you really need thumbnails.? I suggest uncheck the store thumbnail suggestions and delete your library and recreate them.
Second, download SD Maid pro from google play (hope your rooted) and purchase that app. its 2.49 and do a cleanup. you will recover lots of valuable space on your device.

danknasty

Nov 6, 2014
two suggestions. Do you really need thumbnails.? I suggest uncheck the store thumbnail suggestions and delete your library and recreate them.

Second, download SD Maid pro from google play (hope your rooted) and purchase that app. its 2.49 and do a cleanup. you will recover lots of valuable space on your device.

I use a skin that looks really good with the use of movie art stuff. If I do not store thumbnails on the device will it still load them from online?

navigates

Jun 28, 2014
I use a skin that looks really good with the use of movie art stuff. If I do not store thumbnails on the device will it still load them from online?

That I wouldn't know. What skin are you talking about. I use confluence ++ as the tiles are positioned nicely on the bottom. it also has the power options.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I scanned through the wiki but I'm not sure what you are referring to. Is using one of elmerohueso's XBMC Tweaks for FTV keyboard.xml files.

The problem I was having is that I could not skip forward in videos. It would try and jump forward but then resume playing at the same spot. The counter would also not work correctly. Then if I tried to skip backwards it would always go to the same spot. Kind of hard to explain.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

to fix the skip bug, simply disable mediacodec in the video acceleration menu, then fully reboot the box. It is caused by a bug in the mediacodec implementation on firetv. Leave stagefright enabled.

In the latest version of the kodi alpahas, mediacodec appears to be working fine on the firetv.
    Spmc is a mess!! Does not work with aftv! Does not update addons and does not let you delete scripts, using kodi now!! Works with pseudo
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Huh? I suppose the comment was made by your evil phone and not by you :)

I have SPMC 13.3.2 working perfectly on AFTV...not sure what your problems are. Addons get updated and everything else works. Koyig is one of the original contributors to XBMC for Android/Ouya...been using SPMC for more than a year now.
    adbfire works just fine with spmc. You have to change the xbmc variant to spmc.semperpax.com
    Have you tried .ts files with 13.3.3. I cannot get 13.3.3 to work properly with .ts files. 13.3.2 works just fine.