ICS or not ICS: that is the question

Search This thread

Ieracos

Sep 20, 2010
As in title, can we hope to see Ice Cream Sandwitch on our Tattoo sooner or later (maybe through CyanogenMod)? The Android team said that EVERY phone that had Gingerbread can have ICS: it's the same for the Tattoo or it's not doable due to the limited hardware (I also mean screen size)?

vess_csm

Sep 18, 2010
As in title, can we hope to see Ice Cream Sandwitch on our Tattoo sooner or later (maybe through CyanogenMod)? The Android team said that EVERY phone that had Gingerbread can have ICS: it's the same for the Tattoo or it's not doable due to the limited hardware (I also mean screen size)?

i really hope we can see this happen
but for now i think it's to early to say. high end phones have no info yet, so we gotta be very patient :) ICS source is not out yet...
so for now, we are happy that we have 2.3.7 which isn't on many high end devices :D

this is a nice read :)
http://www.androidcentral.com/ice-cream-sandwich-what-happens-next

Last edited:

Rubinski_be

May 24, 2010
We have to wait until Google releases the source-code. After that, we can see if our device will be able to run ICS

windmark

Mar 4, 2010
Uppsala
I have actually given up the hope to upgrade my tattoo further than 2.3.7, because I don't feel that my phone can use the new features in 4.0 so what's the point ^^ GPU Accelerated UI and better dual core support isn't very much for the tattoo. The ride with my tattoo has however been really nice, and it was a really good way to get introduced to android :) Galaxy Nexus here I come?

Ieracos

Sep 20, 2010
I have actually given up the hope to upgrade my tattoo further than 2.3.7, because I don't feel that my phone can use the new features in 4.0 so what's the point ^^ GPU Accelerated UI and better dual core support isn't very much for the tattoo. The ride with my tattoo has however been really nice, and it was a really good way to get introduced to android :) Galaxy Nexus here I come?

It's sad to say this, but I think you're right :')
Consider that the Nexus S is now almost the price I payed my tattoo 2 years ago: maybe it's time to switch in the near future...
In the meanwhile... ICS IS OUT IN THE WILD RIGHT NOW, GUYS!! So, let's see if there's some more juice to squeeze out from our little tattoo! ;)

Oct 28, 2010
Gaia
It's sad to say this, but I think you're right :')
Consider that the Nexus S is now almost the price I payed my tattoo 2 years ago: maybe it's time to switch in the near future...
In the meanwhile... ICS IS OUT IN THE WILD RIGHT NOW, GUYS!! So, let's see if there's some more juice to squeeze out from our little tattoo! ;)

i think there will be ICS to our tattoo!
let's just sit here and wait for something :D

bull500

Oct 3, 2010
The alpha build look slow on the G1. Hopefully some tweaking could cause performance improvements.

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using XDA App

rallapag

Apr 19, 2010
I have checked it yesterday.
stelios97 has ported it to both X10 mini and wildfire,
so there is very good chance that we can have ics miui for tattoo.
But then I wonder, is there any dev still holding a Tattoo to help us.

.dot

Jul 20, 2010
Would be really nice to have MIUI on our tattoo.
It would even be better than having ICS!

.dot

Jul 20, 2010
Where are the developers for tattoo roms?
Arco? Kalimocho? rallapag? you've also done some ports, didn't you?
can someone port MIUI to our tattoo?
i don't know much about android rom development, but i think it wouldn't be much more work to port this miui rom than port some sense roms. a wildfire version is already available.
Its more some driver related things, i think

can someone try it please? :)

Last edited:

rallapag

Apr 19, 2010
Hi .dot
You know, I am not a dev.
What ever I do, I am afraid it will be incomplete like my sense 2.3 rom port.
We need a real dev, unfortunately Arif-ali as well gave up working on Tattoo yesterday has indefinitely stopped android development.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaffyRain

palimpala

Jun 19, 2010
ics

i really hope that there will be a new rom.cause i´m a little bored with my tattoo and the nfinity-rom. i hope that the dev will start to work on it..it would be fantastic!PLEASE

IdeosDev

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2011
There you go guys,
A test version of CM9 is here for Tattoo
Checkout following post
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23161100&postcount=42

I could help to port MiuiV4 as i did on my u8150 as well and other upcoming
And regarding the post u linked..i looked into it and found that the touchscreen are not working as is still a pointer...i doesn't have the phone but this thread may help you in fixing it... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1328515

Reactions: rallapag

aiwenor

Aug 31, 2007
Ploiesti

Top Liked Posts