[Q] Need help with N7100 (stuck in screen Firmware upgrade encoutered an issue etc.)

Search This thread

His.Dudeness

Feb 2, 2013
Hi Guys,

I need help with my N7100. I already read a lot about this problem on the internet and tried a lot of different things, but here's the problem.

My phone was every time removing my external sd card, so I thought I'll reinstall it and put a new rom on it. I installed Omega Rom, but had the known Wifi connection problem, so I flashed the wifi fix with Odin, but accidentally used the bootloader instead of pda option in Odin (because I misunderstood the instruction on the Omega first page). Eventually my phone sometimes froze and decided to try another Rom, Dr. Ketans Rom. The same problem existed, so I tried to flash the 'original' bootloader (one I found on this website). The problem was still there, so I tried it again and Odin said failed all the time after that and I couldn't start up my phone anymore, because it goes to the screen: 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.' I can now only go to download mode. After that I wanted to use Odin to flash the stock rom, but it gave an error with the pit file, so I found a pit file on this site and flashed it with Odin and than I could start up my phone again. I still wanted to go back to the stock rom, so I used Odin for this the latest version N7100XXUEMK9_N7100PHNEMK2_N7100XXUEMJ9_HOME.tar. I bought the phone in the NL, so I'm guessing this must be the right version, but it could be an international one (product code). During the flashing process it failed and since than I have the same problem again that I can't boot up my phone. I tried it maybe 50 times now and every time it keeps failing (in download mode). I tried 3 different cables, all usb ports, computers, odin versions. The weird thing is that the flashing of system.img sometimes fails in the beginning and some times when it is almost finished, that's why I thought I might just need 1 lucky strike, but after about 50 times I want to try something else...

<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N7100XXUEMK9_N7100PHNEMK2_N7100XXUEMJ9_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> boot.img
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> cache.img
<ID:0/003> hidden.img
<ID:0/003> modem.bin
<ID:0/003> recovery.img
<ID:0/003> system.img
<ID:0/003> FAIL!
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Can anyone help me with this matter? Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

ibraahim

Mar 2, 2009
Mumbai
Flash a custom recovery, boot in recovery and flash a custom rom, I would suggest you DN3.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

His.Dudeness

Feb 2, 2013
Ok, at least I got philz recovery installed and pushed (adb) the rom file on the internal storage and installed the rom. Ditto Note 3 this time.

Still the same problem exists, it freezes quite often. I was thinking it must have to do with flashing that wifi fix accidentally as a bootloader in Odin. Does anyone have a suggestion how to solve it? It also looks like it's using a lot more RAM than before, maybe because of that or something else? Might be the reason for freezing up all the time?

His.Dudeness

Feb 2, 2013
So I changed back to Android 4.1.2 and the problem seems to be solved :s. Looks like my N7100 can't handle Android 4.3???

nitol

Sep 1, 2009
dhaka
(I am using phoenix and dn3)I have faced this error 10-12 times while flashed different mods/roms, I just hold the power button and rebooted. This can be just ignored like this and nothing to worry about.
Regards.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: niminia and nfaruk

His.Dudeness

Feb 2, 2013
(I am using phoenix and dn3)I have faced this error 10-12 times while flashed different mods/roms, I just hold the power button and rebooted. This can be just ignored like this and nothing to worry about.
Regards.

Thanks for your reply, but I think you mean that it freezes during the install if I'm correct? But what I mean is that everything I do with my phone, no matter what, it freezes, even after reboot all the time. I can try now that it is back to normal to put a new rom on it. Do you reckon that Phoenix is better than DN3 since you are using both?

Last edited:

geekynoob

Sep 25, 2011
New Delhi
Thanks for your reply, but I think you mean that it freezes during the install if I'm correct? But what I mean is that everything I do with my phone, no matter what, it freezes, even after reboot all the time. I can try now that it is back to normal to put a new rom on it. Do you reckon that Phoenix is better than DN3 since you are using both?

Try a light debloated rom with stock kernel.. Let it run fr a few days... And thn gt back to the normal course

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
Regards.

Hi,
Even I am facing this issue since I flashed MJ5 bootloader and NA1 based ROMs. Any idea how dangerous it can be ? Why it occurs ?

His.Dudeness

Feb 2, 2013
Hi,
Even I am facing this issue since I flashed MJ5 bootloader and NA1 based ROMs. Any idea how dangerous it can be ? Why it occurs ?

Alright so I might have traced down the problem, only time will tell now, just installed DN3 again, but before that I flashed MJ5 again, but this time not as a Bootloader (as what I thought and did before) but as a PDA (like a rom file) in Odin. Maybe you did the same??

Till now DN3 is working, but just installed it so see how it goes.

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
Alright so I might have traced down the problem, only time will tell now, just installed DN3 again, but before that I flashed MJ5 again, but this time not as a Bootloader (as what I thought and did before) but as a PDA (like a rom file) in Odin. Maybe you did the same??

Till now DN3 is working, but just installed it so see how it goes.
I flashed it as bootloader.
Now considering going back to MG1. Was very stable and WiFi was working fine with Dr.Ketan fix.

His.Dudeness

Feb 2, 2013
Oops ! but how is it wrong ?
Did you try it? What improvements you can see ?

Thanks !!!

So I first went back to Android 4.1.2 and than the freezing stopped, so I thought the freezing up must have something to do with 4.3.
I also first thought it would make sense to use the option bootloader in Odin as the MJ5 file is a bootloader file that you are flashing. I found somewhere on this website that the MJ5 has to be flashed as a PDA/AP in Odin.

So I flashed the MJ5 file again as a PDA/AP file in Odin, than reinstalled DN3 and now everything is working like a charm :)

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
I also experimented and came to conclusion (as yet) that this problem is due to NA1 base. Currently using MK9 based ROM and all good.
Tried rebooting, recovery, flashing for many times and all good (as yet). Fingers crossed ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Regards.