[Q] kit kat update for straight talk...

Search This thread

missexe10

Jun 18, 2014
Hi,

I just purchased the note 2 unlocked for straight talk, and I plan to activate it with an at&t sim. I was wondering, will I be able to update to kit kat on this device?

erljayp

Dec 27, 2012
I just purchased the note 2 unlocked for straight talk, and I plan to activate it with an at&t sim. I was wondering, will I be able to update to kit kat on this device?
Unless you do anything that will modify the system (like rooting), and the System Status does not change to "Custom", you can update to KK via OTA. :)
Besides, you can flash stock roms from Sammobile in case anything happens. :D

missexe10

Jun 18, 2014
Unless you do anything that will modify the system (like rooting), and the System Status does not change to "Custom", you can update to KK via OTA. :)
Besides, you can flash stock roms from Sammobile in case anything happens. :D

Ok thanks, but do you know if it will cause problems with my MMS or data, I havw seen posts that said that once they did the update, they couldnt use these features.

erljayp

Dec 27, 2012
Ok thanks, but do you know if it will cause problems with my MMS or data, I havw seen posts that said that once they did the update, they couldnt use these features.
I'm sorry but I haven't installed the stock version. I'm always using custom roms, haha. :)
What's with MMS and data?
Like app data? You can back them up using Titanium Backup or other backups apps. :)

missexe10

Jun 18, 2014
I'm sorry but I haven't installed the stock version. I'm always using custom roms, haha. :)
What's with MMS and data?
Like app data? You can back them up using Titanium Backup or other backups apps. :)

I have been reading that msny people have been having trouble with MMS after updating to kit kat on straight talk