[ROM][04/26/12] Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.2 :: AOSP-Experience Senseless ICS (4.0.3)

Search This thread

gol_n_dal

Aug 11, 2010
St. Ives, CAMBS
Oh my gosh I followed the link to the above thread, not realizing that it was for the Asus Transformer and did a Lite wipe on my sensation and.. bricked, I think. It won't turn on. Is there any way to get it working again????

EEK

I had a look at the scripts and the formatted partitions are completely different.

There are some sensation partition details in: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1412618.

Not a clue how you recover from this though, sorry.

Can you get into either the HTC Bootloader or CWM or just nada ?

HTC Sensation - Superwipe
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ui_print("1. Erasing & formatting EXT4 *CACHE* partition");
assert(unmount("/cache") || ui_print("(cache is unmounted already)"));
run_program("/sbin/erase_image", "cache");
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p24");
ui_print("");
ui_print("");
run_program("/sbin/sleep", "5");
ui_print("2. Erasing & formatting EXT4 *SYSTEM* partition");
assert(unmount("/system") || ui_print("(system is unmounted already)"));
run_program("/sbin/erase_image", "system");
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p22");
ui_print("");
ui_print("");
ui_print("3. Erasing & formatting EXT4 *DATA* partition");
assert(unmount("/data") || ui_print("(data is unmounted already)"));
run_program("/sbin/erase_image", "userdata");
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p23");

Android_Revolution_HD_Super_Wipe_Lite_EeePad.zip
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ui_print("2. Erasing & formatting EXT4 *CACHE* partition");
assert(unmount("/cache") || ui_print("(cache is unmounted already)"));
run_program("/sbin/erase_image", "cache");
run_program("/tmp/mkfs.ext4", "-b 4096", "-O ^huge_file,^dir_nlink,^ext_attr,^resize_inode,^extra_isize", "-m 0", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p2");
#format("ext4", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p2");
ui_print("");
ui_print("");
ui_print("3. Erasing & formatting EXT4 *SYSTEM* partition");
assert(unmount("/system") || ui_print("(system is unmounted already)"));
run_program("/sbin/erase_image", "system");
run_program("/tmp/mkfs.ext4", "-b 4096", "-O ^huge_file,^dir_nlink,^ext_attr,^resize_inode,^extra_isize", "-m 0", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p1");
#format("ext4", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p1");
ui_print("");
ui_print("");
ui_print("4. Erasing & formatting EXT4 *DATA* partition");
mount("ext4", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p7", "/data");
run_program("/sbin/edify", "/tmp/exclude");

KingDavid63

Apr 6, 2011
Warrior, AL
www.facebook.com
im guesing you didnt have ext4 recovery, if you did it would have checked the md5 for you either in app or recovery and md5 would have came back wrong correct? looks like different /block/ paths.... dont know if that causes brick though... someone will though...

Sent from my Revolver Powered Asus Transformer

gol_n_dal

Aug 11, 2010
St. Ives, CAMBS
im guesing you didnt have ext4 recovery, if you did it would have checked the md5 for you either in app or recovery and md5 would have came back wrong correct? looks like different /block/ paths.... dont know if that causes brick though... someone will though...

Sent from my Revolver Powered Asus Transformer

The Zip file was correct, I guessing, as it unpacked and did its thing.

This issue is that completely wrong partitions were formatted for the HTC Sensation device compared with the Asus. I've just looked at my phone's superwipe (Mike's) and the Asus one (also Mike's), just that they are geared for different devices with different partitions.

Look at Mike's post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1412618 to see something about the partitions.

p1 / p2 are sensation bootloader specific (according to Mike's post), and p7 is pg2fs (what ever that is). That's looking at his post which is talking about the firmware side of things.

CWM or EXT4 Recovery, won't backup all the partitions, just the useful ROM ones like: data, cache, system, sd-ext. There are many other partitions the nandroid backup tools don't attempt to backup.

As someone said in a previous post, ask Mike directly for definitive info.

Last edited:

KingDavid63

Apr 6, 2011
Warrior, AL
www.facebook.com
The Zip file was correct, I guessing, as it unpacked and did its thing.

This issue is that completely wrong partitions were formatted for the HTC Sensation device compared with the Asus. I've just looked at my phone's superwipe (Mike's) and the Asus one (also Mike's), just that they are geared for different devices with different partitions.

Look at Mike's post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1412618 to see something about the partitions.

p1 / p2 are sensation bootloader specific (according to Mike's post), and p7 is pg2fs (what ever that is). That's looking at his post which is talking about the firmware side of things.

CWM or EXT4 Recovery, won't backup all the partitions, just the useful ROM ones like: data, cache, system, sd-ext. There are many other partitions the nandroid backup tools don't attempt to backup.

As someone said in a previous post, ask Mike directly for definitive info.

Oh yeah we got nvflash you can't brick that thing with a flashable zip period.. good thing about nvidia devices.. don't worry about it

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
Not that it helps, but this is why Virtuous ROMs have a device check before they flash. We check the board to make sure it's compatible with the ROM/patch being installed before proceeding. Wish that practice would be adopted more broadly.

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
Not that it helps, but this is why Virtuous ROMs have a device check before they flash. We check the board to make sure it's compatible with the ROM/patch being installed before proceeding. Wish that practice would be adopted more broadly.

Or....or people could read and make sure that what they are flashing is actually for the device they are using....

Sent by gremlins from space training to be ninjas!!

NetSoerfer

Sep 29, 2009
Dortmund
OnePlus Nord
Or....or people could read and make sure that what they are flashing is actually for the device they are using....

Sent by gremlins from space training to be ninjas!!

Still, brain farts happen. I had a couple old NANDROID backups, did a Titanium Backup, wiped the phone and at the same time, to "clean up", deleted the old NANDROID backups in the absolute conviction that I was still covered by Titanium and NANDROID.

The phone was still wiping when I realized my mistake... but it was already wiping when I realized my mistake.

It's good to have safety nets... :)

rbaggio00

Jun 5, 2007
SENSE Email APK

Guys would it be possible to add the sense Email APP to this Rom,

Last edited:

jkxklutz

Apr 29, 2010
Wow, thank you so much for everyone's help, I really appreciate it..

And yeah, as for my phone, it won't turn on at all, so no hboot or recovery. I had the recent firmware running with the latest leaked ruu, but I wanted to try Inquisition, so keeping the firmware I installed this rom. I kept stuck on the boot logo, so I decided to try clicking the link someone posted back there and follow his advice by doing his wipe. I had used Mike's script before, and that transformer thread looked just like the sensation one so blah I didn't notice.

The zip installed successfully, and when I selected reboot, it just died and never came back on.

This is actually my wife's phone lol, and her being 5 months pregnant she needs it while I'm at work sigh. Should I take a chance with HTC? I definitely bought it less than a year ago but problem is I got it off Craigslist.
Again, thanks so much for your help.
Also, how do I get in touch with Mike? Though I'm not sure what he could do if my device was really bricked right?

Last edited:

socali

Aug 7, 2009

And yeah, as for my phone, it won't turn on at all, so no hboot or recovery. I had the recent firmware running with the latest leaked ruu, but I wanted to try Inquisition, so keeping the firmware I installed this rom. I kept stuck on the boot logo, so I decided to try clicking the link someone posted back there and follow his advice by doing his wipe. I had used Mike's script before, and that transformer thread looked just like the sensation one so blah I didn't notice.

The zip installed successfully, and when I selected reboot, it just died and never came back on.

This is actually my wife's phone lol, and her being 5 months pregnant she needs it while I'm at work sigh. Should I take a chance with HTC? I definitely bought it less than a year ago but problem is I got it off Craigslist.
Also, how do I get in touch with Mike? Though I'm not sure what he could do if my device was really bricked right?

Did you try running the RUU? I'm not sure if the phone will be recognized at its state, but I think it's worth the shot.
3.12.401.2 RUU: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1408961

gol_n_dal

Aug 11, 2010
St. Ives, CAMBS

If you want to get in touch with Mike send him a PM or post something in his partitions thread I mentioned earlier. You can always hope he'll come up with some magic. Good luck pacifying the wife ;-)

lindahl85

Feb 9, 2011
Vetlanda
This mods would be really great to see in this rom:

OnceICS 1O7 (1.0.7)

- Change base to 3.12.401.102 IceCream Sandwich 4.0.3
- Update ICS Theme
- Update ICS stock application
- Replace launcher to Trebuchet
- T9 Dial pad (This is really great)

Your rom is cleaner than the above :)

Last edited:

MattDrumz

Oct 25, 2009
Seattle
This mods would be really great to see in this rom:

OnceICS 1O7 (1.0.7)

- Change base to 3.12.401.102 IceCream Sandwich 4.0.3
- Update ICS Theme
- Update ICS stock application
- Replace launcher to Trebuchet
- T9 Dial pad (This is really great)

Your rom is cleaner than the above :)

Once this ROM is updated to 4.0.3, you can easily add those things to the ROM if they're not already included.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA App

Reactions: dirtytwo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    inquisitionkopia.jpg

Virtuous Inquisition is a an ICS (4.0.3) Senseless ROM, meaning essentially all Sense components have been removed in favor of their AOSP counterparts. Everything except the camera app has been replaced. Any work, such as mods or fixes, you would like to contribute would be gladly accepted. The project has one goal, to provide a ROM which is as close-to-AOSP-ICS as possible.

• Based off the HTC 3.32.401.5 *release* base.

• Sense has effectively been removed. Some components may be coming back (such as the camera and music player), as they are better than their AOSP counterparts. I'll provide an option for purists who want AOSP-only-no-matter-what.

• Remaining HTC framework beautifully themed to match ICS by shnizlon.

• Stock kernel, not overclocked.

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• IO optimizations including the use of ext4 with writeback journaling for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Automated battery calibration. Just plug your phone in after a wipe and charge it to full (preferably overnight), then let our script do the rest.

• Over the air updates via ROM Manager.

More Information :: Download :: Change Log
    If you download, please take a moment to hit the "Thanks" button and rate the ROM.
    Report bugs, request features and follow general progress of the ROM nearly real time here:

Virtuous Development Tracker
    VI 4.0.2 Goodies by Socali

This post will kept updated with Fixes / Patches / Notes for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

=====

Important Kernel Files Reset for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

SebastianFM Kernel v1.4.1, which is included with VI 4.0.2, comes with Sebastian's own thermald.
    This thermald includes, in my opinion, extremely high temps settings. The problem is that those settings are hard-coded and are not read from the thermald.conf file.
    Other kernels are expecting the default thermald and not this custom one, so they are not overwriting it.

I strongly recommend flashing this before flashing any other kernel. Even in-between flashing different kernels, as different kernels might include other files that need to be replaced/removed.
    This patch will reset kernel related files that exist in the ROM's partition to the original HTC v3.32 default files.
    This does not include an actual kernel - you must flash a kernel after this patch and before rebooting the phone.

Download flashable: kernel-reset-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: e8453ea397855c3ecf42030734831a45

=====

Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 Underclocked to 1.242Mhz for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

(This is the same kernel posted by me before, but in a new package that includes the Kernel Reset Patch, so you can simply download and flash one file.)

This is Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 hexedited by me to underclock it to 1.242Mhz with a safer (or more conservative) thermald.conf file.
    This gives you kernel closest to the original HTC v3.32 one with Sebastian's MultiTouch fix and ZRAM support.
    I prefer keeping the CPU clock at 1.2mhz so that the CPU stays stable and cool and doesn't drain the battery as quickly.
    I hexedited it instead of recompiling so that I stay as close as possible to Sebastian's build.

Note: This kernel will give you lower benchmark scores (about 5700-5800 AnTuTu score on my phone). This is not a bug, it's a feature..

Download flashable: kernel-v1.30.2-uc-1.242mhz-socali.zip
    md5sum: b4f69d3be2ee48994e785160eb57c452

=====

Ultimate Quad Lockscreen v4 for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

96 Different customization combinations!
    New Aroma based installer - easier to install and choose the options you want.

Options include:
    1) Choose Full-ring (compatible with Accessibility) or Half-ring layout.
    2) Show/hide quadlock when pattern/PIN is set.
    3) Use Volume Keys to Wakeup the phone.
    4) Allow/disable notifications pull-down.
    5) Open one of the following apps:
    AOSP MMS, ChompSMS, HandcentSMS, GoSMS, PansiSMS, Google Voice.

Please note: 4Ext Touch Recovery is required for installation.

Download flashable: ultimate-quadlock-v4-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: 1f437396becb2f4847d56e04845d4491

=====

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)
    AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

This is my fix to the AOSP Phone included with VI 4.0.0, that enables the mute button during calls.
    This one took a lot of time and research, but I finally got it! :D
    (For those who didn't know, the phone included in the rom does not mute - bug #984 on VI issue tracker)

Download flashable: aosp-phone-mute-fix-vi400-socali.zip
    md5sum: c14b5714b28e42232991c1694b91e526

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)