[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.0 touch recovery [2013-09-16]

Search This thread

erwaso

Apr 1, 2011
West Side
n00b story of the day

Downloaded GooManager and booted into recovery... Without installing twrp first. It booted into an exclamation point lol. Held power button for 10+ secs and all was well.

Goo manage and twrp rec are awesome!

jay_ntwr

Dec 1, 2006

Can I flash this with ClockworkMod?

I've spent the whole day rooting/unlocking the boot loader/etc. only to find out that now that I have everything working just perfectly that the cooked ROM I'd like to install only installs under TWRP instead of Clockwork. I'm beating my head against the wall now.

I found a site that shows how to revert to the stock recovery, so I suppose I could do that and get rid of CWM that way and then install TWRP but I sure would like to find an easier way than that. Thanks for making this zip and I sure hope my question isn't too stupid.

Or, is this as simple as repeating these steps:

1. Currently there are two recovery options: ClockWorkMod Touch and TWRP (TeamWinRecoveryProject). Both are pretty much the same as they both use touch input but TWRP does have some other nice features like a built in file browser and more. It is also more touch optimized. ClockWorkMod is more "old school" and I personally feel more comfortable using it, but using TWRP is fine as well. It doesn't really matter which recovery your choose, both are good choices. Download whichever one you want below:
CWM Touch: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1677304
TWRP: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1677447
2. Drag the .img recovery file you just downloaded into the "generic" folder
3. Connect your phone via fastboot
4. Type the following:
fastboot flash recovery <insert name of recovery .img file here>
Replace the stuff between the <> with the name of the file you just downloaded
5. Wait for your device to reboot. Then type into cmd which is cd'ed to the "generic" folder:
adb reboot recovery
6. Make sure your recovery works as soon as it is done loading and then press "reboot system"
7. Follow its instructions

and when I get to fastboot flash recovery <using the TWRP image> and it flashes over the CWM image?

Last edited:

slippers67

Nov 8, 2010
Can I flash this with ClockworkMod?

I've spent the whole day rooting/unlocking the boot loader/etc. only to find out that now that I have everything working just perfectly that the cooked ROM I'd like to install only installs under TWRP instead of Clockwork. I'm beating my head against the wall now.

I found a site that shows how to revert to the stock recovery, so I suppose I could do that and get rid of CWM that way and then install TWRP but I sure would like to find an easier way than that. Thanks for making this zip and I sure hope my question isn't too stupid.

Or, is this as simple as repeating these steps:

1. Currently there are two recovery options: ClockWorkMod Touch and TWRP (TeamWinRecoveryProject). Both are pretty much the same as they both use touch input but TWRP does have some other nice features like a built in file browser and more. It is also more touch optimized. ClockWorkMod is more "old school" and I personally feel more comfortable using it, but using TWRP is fine as well. It doesn't really matter which recovery your choose, both are good choices. Download whichever one you want below:
CWM Touch: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1677304
TWRP: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1677447
2. Drag the .img recovery file you just downloaded into the "generic" folder
3. Connect your phone via fastboot
4. Type the following:
fastboot flash recovery <insert name of recovery .img file here>
Replace the stuff between the <> with the name of the file you just downloaded
5. Wait for your device to reboot. Then type into cmd which is cd'ed to the "generic" folder:
adb reboot recovery
6. Make sure your recovery works as soon as it is done loading and then press "reboot system"
7. Follow its instructions

and when I get to fastboot flash recovery <using the TWRP image> and it flashes over the CWM image?

You're making this way too complicated. There's no need to flash back to stock recovery. Just install goomanager beta from the play store, run it, hit the menu button, and pick "install openrecoveryscript." Wait till it downloads, flashes, and that's it. You now have TWRP.

Reactions: jay_ntwr

jay_ntwr

Dec 1, 2006
You're making this way too complicated. There's no need to flash back to stock recovery. Just install goomanager beta from the play store, run it, hit the menu button, and pick "install openrecoveryscript." Wait till it downloads, flashes, and that's it. You now have TWRP.

WOW! Awesome! That worked like a charm. Thanks you so much. I knew I just needed a little help and I'd be back in business.

jay_ntwr

Dec 1, 2006

Yes, but GooManager is easier. This is really for people who (for whatever reason) don't have GooManager or a computer near them and already have a custom recovery installed.

Gotcha. Thanks for the work. GooManager flashed TWRP quickly and easily and I was able to put CleanROM on that way. I do like the interface as well and it made it easy to back up my ROM once I had it set up. Very slick what's happened since I flashed my old phone two years ago. It's amazing how nice ICS is compared to Eclair.

I suppose that CWM is still on there somewhere, but it doesn't matter, TWRP is on there for sure and it's working. I searched and searched and really didn't find anyone discussing it so hopefully this will help some poor lost person out there that was CWM'd get to TWRP. Thanks again to you guys.

unk2009

Jul 22, 2009
New York(Hudson Valley)
please help, I've been using TWRP and loving it...I'm currently on TWRP 22 and I'm stuck at the blue teamwin screen when trying to get into recovery ? Any suggestions/help would br greatly appreciated

ted77usa

Inactive RC / RT
Jan 13, 2010
Fog City
Try to reflash with one click tool that I posted last week ....or u can use goo manager from play store , or flashable zip from Taylor couples page back......

Swyped from T3DRO1CS OneXBlueICESense

Last edited:

toystory

Jun 12, 2007
My One XL (S4) already install CWM, can I install TWRP to just install direct or other way I need to use
thanks !

craig@xatik

Mar 16, 2012
Twin Cities, MN
www.xatik.com
Thanks for the reply, but may I know more detail on it

Just follow these instructions (from their website http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/99):

Download the GooManager app from the play store:
Install the app and open it. Tap menu then hit Install OpenRecoveryScript. Tap Yes. Verify that the filename displays your device's code name and hit Yes. The file will download and your device will reboot and install the recovery automatically.

I did this earlier and I already had CWM installed. The install method above works great.

superstrongboy

Feb 6, 2011
I already had CWM, and i installed TWRP over it. Rebooted into recovery, and made a back up and seems to be working fine.

So installing TWRP over CWM wont cause any hidden problems right?

papa bewr

Mar 17, 2011
Vancouver, Wa
I already had CWM, and i installed TWRP over it. Rebooted into recovery, and made a back up and seems to be working fine.

So installing TWRP over CWM wont cause any hidden problems right?

Was already covered about eight post back. Please read back a few pages before posting questions. More than likely its been asked and answered.

Thank you.

Here you go.:thumbup:

Nope--your phone can only have one recovery. When you flash one, you overwrite whatever was there before. That's why there's no need to uninstall anything when you change them.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: superstrongboy

superstrongboy

Feb 6, 2011
Was already covered about eight post back. Please read back a few pages before posting questions. More than likely its been asked and answered.

Thank you.

Here you go.:thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Thank you very much :) sorry i didnt scroll through all the pages cuz quite frankly there's a lot of them and im at work i just wanted to make it quick.

slotstik04

May 5, 2011
FLA
Is anyone able to restore a nandroid after renaming them? I always boot loop on the ones I rename. And I dont use special characters. What do you think it could be?

Edit: Never mind. Figured it out! Periods are considered special characters so all I had to do was use - and all is good. :)

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

raghu135

Mar 12, 2011
Just follow these instructions (from their website http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/99):

Download the GooManager app from the play store:
Install the app and open it. Tap menu then hit Install OpenRecoveryScript. Tap Yes. Verify that the filename displays your device's code name and hit Yes. The file will download and your device will reboot and install the recovery automatically.

I did this earlier and I already had CWM installed. The install method above works great.

mine is At&t HTC one X

I downloaded the goomanager app from play store . Installed and followed the instructions and finally downloaded the file but after downloading nothing happens , I did it two times . It will not restart :crying:

So I followed another method , tried to do it through ADB commands
downloaded the image file and place it in desktop and downloaded the fast boot files also .

Then I typed the below command
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.1.7-evita.img

and result was like this

sending 'recovery', <7348 KB >...OKAY [ 1.500s]
writing 'recovery'... INFOsignature checking...
FAILED <remote:signature verify fail>
finished. total time:2.859s

================
What to do now ? :crying:

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
raghu135 said:
mine is At&t HTC one X

I downloaded the goomanager app from play store . Installed and followed the instructions and finally downloaded the file but after downloading nothing happens , I did it two times . It will not restart :crying:

So I followed another method , tried to do it through ADB commands
downloaded the image file and place it in desktop and downloaded the fast boot files also .

Then I typed the below command
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.1.7-evita.img

and result was like this

sending 'recovery', <7348 KB >...OKAY [ 1.500s]
writing 'recovery'... INFOsignature checking...
FAILED <remote:signature verify fail>
finished. total time:2.859s

================
What to do now ? :crying:

This sounds like a locked boot loader situation.

Reactions: zounduser

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.6.3.0:
    -Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
    -Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
    -Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
    -Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
    -A few other fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.1.0:
    -Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
    -Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
    -Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
    -Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
    -Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
    -Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
    -Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
    -Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.0.0:
    Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, you will likely need to remove that theme before updating to 2.6.0.0 as your custom theme will likely not have some of the new changes visible (e.g. you won't be able to encrypt a backup)!
    -Can encrypt a backup to prevent theft of private data from your backup files
    -Updated graphics / icon courtesy of shift
    -Updated exFAT to latest commits
    -Fixed a problem with Samsung TouchWiz decryption
    -Update SuperSU binary
    -Fixed saving of backup partitions list
    -Fixed saving of last used zip install folder
    -Fixed backup of datadata on devices that use a separate partition for datadata
    -Fixed some issues with the advanced wipe list (android_secure, can now wipe internal storage on data/media deivces and wipe data on the advanced list no longer formats the entire data partition)
    -Fixed some problems with partitioning a SD card
    -Various other bug fixes and tweaks

Notes about encrypted backups:
    Why encrypt your backups? -- Most people store their backups on the device. Any app that has permission to access storage could potentially read your backup files and try to harvest your data. Encrypted backups also provide an added layer of security if you move your backups to other storage devices or to the cloud. The encryption that we're using is probably not strong enough for enterprise level security, but should be strong enough to make it significantly difficult to get to your data.

Encryption is using OpenAES which uses AES 128-bit cbc encryption. If you happen to use a longer password (over 16 characters) then the encryption strength improves to 192 or 256 bits. Do not forget your password. If you forget your password you will be unable to restore your backup. We don't encrypt the entire backup. Encryption is very CPU intensive and can be fairly slow even when we spread the workload over multiple cores even on the latest high-end devices. To ensure that encrypted backups don't take forever, we don't encrypt any other partitions besides /data and in /data we don't encrypt /data/app (or other app related directories where apks are stored) and we don't encrypt dalvik cache.

DOWNLOAD:
    The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
    Play Store Link
    Direct Download
    1) Install GooManager from the Play Store
    2) Open GooManager and provide root permissions
    3) Hit Menu (or the button with the 3 dots on your screen) and then Install OpenRecovery
    OR:
    You can find more information and download links on our website!

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.0 touch recovery [2013-09-16], a Tool/Utility for the AT&T HTC One X

Contributors
    eyeballer, dees_troy, bigbiff

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.6.3.0
    Stable Release Date: 2013-09-16

Created 2013-09-16
    Last Updated 2013-09-16
    Updated to 2.4.4.0
    Updated OP with 2.4.2.0
    Updated OP with 2.4.0.0
    Updated to 2.2.1.4 which fixes adb and brings the device up to the latest codebase (small bug fixes). It's live on our website and in Goo manager.

Thanks again to Turge for testing.