[Q] Can I unlock my US Cellular Samsung Galaxy Note 2?

Search This thread

rev.chuck

Mar 24, 2011
i would like to know as well. also im curious if i can go to boost mobile which as everyone knows is sprint. i am in the market us cellular is selling to sprint soon.

if its just a matter of waiting the transfer out then giving the boost people my esn or what have you ill just buy some boost phones to make due.

i also have a motorola electrify id love to unlock from us cellular both have sim locations

mykalogist

Dec 18, 2012
Any progress on this? i too have a us cellular galaxy note 2 that i would love to use on T-Mobile.. any input is greatly appreciated..

xavore

Feb 27, 2013
Anyone has any news?
I see DFS software offer their "OTA" for R950 for 35usd
can we get any benefit from that?

F-302

Sep 7, 2012
Odessa
Go to Phone Dialer and type *#22745927
Enable Hidden Menu
Go to Phone Dialer and type *#7284#

That should work. It worked on the verizon gs3

Yes, on U.S.C. SIII and R950 it works very well, but...
One more thing:cool:
In PhoneUtil don't touch USB and UART - they're must be in PDA position.
At the bottom of screen you must see buton with diag modes. Press it, and in next window select Diag+ADB+... without reset it enables diag port.
Another service menu: 47*68#13580 - debug, and other cool stuff.
Btw, sorry my english:eek:

lord dredd

Apr 4, 2011
Can anyone tell me how to enter into data menu of us cellular note2
The code ##data# diesnt work even after enabling hidden menu

Sent from the MONSTER in NOTE II

Nehemoth

Mar 22, 2012
Valhalla
www.nehemoth.com
I'm looking into this too, except that I don't care about GSM.

I live outside USA and my telco will soon release a new 4G LTE on the 1900mhz band and already have CDMA in the 800mhz band.

So I would like very much to know if this phone could be unlocked for the LTE part or if is already unlocked, I know that the CDMA should be reprogrammed with a new PRL.

Any help would be very appreciate.

timshady337

Sep 21, 2007
The Bayou
correct

I'm looking into this too, except that I don't care about GSM.

I live outside USA and my telco will soon release a new 4G LTE on the 1900mhz band and already have CDMA in the 800mhz band.

So I would like very much to know if this phone could be unlocked for the LTE part or if is already unlocked, I know that the CDMA should be reprogrammed with a new PRL.

Any help would be very appreciate.
Correct! All you need is the prl for cdma and disable lte. I wish I would find someone to sim unlock. I just need data.

timshady337

Sep 21, 2007
The Bayou
sorry.

NO, I would like to have LTE active, I would like to know if would work here.

Not at the moment. I had the at&t version and it was easy to unlock. I thought the Sch R950 would be the same. Us cellular completely took the option to swap carriers out of the equation. The menu needed to unlock the phone sim is missing. Unless someone finds a way to add the menu or fool the phone to think it has a US Cellular sim installed, we are out of luck.

Last edited:

droidmark

Oct 13, 2010
Download the app from the post. Open it. Click menu soft key. Click enable hidden menu. Click back button once enabled. Click launch hidden menu button on the app.

Thanks for that reply-- yes, as I said, I did successfully use the app to access the hidden menus but could not take the next giant leap to actually unlock the phone, and was wondering if anyone else had. Sounds like still no?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go to Phone Dialer and type *#22745927
    Enable Hidden Menu
    Go to Phone Dialer and type *#7284#

That should work. It worked on the verizon gs3

Yes, on U.S.C. SIII and R950 it works very well, but...
    One more thing:cool:
    In PhoneUtil don't touch USB and UART - they're must be in PDA position.
    At the bottom of screen you must see buton with diag modes. Press it, and in next window select Diag+ADB+... without reset it enables diag port.
    Another service menu: 47*68#13580 - debug, and other cool stuff.
    Btw, sorry my english:eek:
    I couldn't find an area for US Cellular phones, but I'm in dire need of assistance. I currently have a US Cellular Samsung Galaxy Note 2 that I need to use for T-Mobile. Can someone shed some light on how to unlock this device? Thank you in advance friends.:good:

BTW it's a Samsung Galaxy Note SCH-R950
    This is a CDMA Phone, not unlocking need it. If you want to use it on another network different than Sprint you have to reflash with a PRL from the carrier you want. The GSM is disable and there isn't a slot for the SIM, there's a hardware modification that you can try.

Please read previous posts...it has a sim slot

anyhow ..
    Has anyone been able to port those Network Lock option files from another model such as ATT or any other models that shows the options?