Hidden Menu | Device Test | Full Access | Root Not Required

Search This thread

djmcnz

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
Well this one isn't so difficult but I though I'd share for those that have not worked it out yet.

The LG Device Test "HiddenMenu" is apparently on all shipping phones and it's simply disabled via removing the menu entry.

To activate you need to create a shortcut to this hidden menu. You can do this with most replacement launchers and apps like BetterCut.

Example using LauncherPro (others will use a similar method):
  1. Long press on home screen
  2. Select Shortcuts
  3. Select Activities
  4. Scroll down to and expand com.lge.hiddenmenu
  5. Select HiddenMenu (first entry)
  6. Enter Shortcut name
  7. Click on shortcut to launch
  8. Hit 'Thanks' below

Also now Logcat app:
  1. As above
  2. Scroll down to and expand LG Debug
  3. Select LG Debug (first entry)
  4. Enter Shortcut name
  5. Click on shortcut to launch
  6. Hit 'Thanks' below

Enjoy the vast amount of options and tests in there, and be careful as some are destructive.

Perhaps Useful:
  • Dim Capacitive Buttons: Device Test | Touch LED Brightness
  • Turn on Camera LED: Device Test | Camera Test | Torch Flashlight Preview

Last edited:

DenZj

Aug 21, 2008
Wtf I just dimmed my touch buttons ;) nice.

The brightess of the buttons was to bright for using the phone as a ebook reader at night ;) the setting stays avyive even after exiting the test.

Btw is the thanks button only displayed on the site and not in tge xda app?

Thanx!

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

Reactions: majoortje

xmoo

Aug 19, 2006
Eindhoven
www.Mohammad.Moghtader.net

The brightess of the buttons was to bright for using the phone as a ebook reader at night ;) the setting stays avyive even after exiting the test.

Thanx!

Yeah got it to work.
What option did you dimme the buttons??

djmcnz

Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8

domazdk

Jul 2, 2009
Slagelse
What specifically is that? I use WidgetLocker and don't experience lag... does it taker a while with the stock one to become responsive? I can't recall that.

Sometimes it goes to homescreen and then the lockscreen, when it's been idle for some time.
It also happens with widget locker for me.

Sent from my LG Optimus 2X

londahl

Nov 13, 2009
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy Tab A8
Sometimes it goes to homescreen and then the lockscreen, when it's been idle for some time.

Sent from my LG Optimus 2X

I experience the same issue, but even more annoying, it keeps displaying unread messages on the lockscreen until i reboot.

I'm using Handcent, guess the lockscreen gets the unread count from the original messaging app. If anyone know of a fix, please do share.

fen_nyc

Mar 13, 2011
nyc
Hi alls. For those experiencing some nagging issues like lag or bugginess, are your phones rooted to Gingerbread or...? Thanks!

djmcnz

Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8

I experience the same issue, but even more annoying, it keeps displaying unread messages on the lockscreen until i reboot.

I'm using Handcent, guess the lockscreen gets the unread count from the original messaging app. If anyone know of a fix, please do share.

I don't think I get the former, but certainly dodgy behaviour immediately after boot.

I have started getting the message count now when the stock screen flashes up. It seems to count all messages, read or otherwise.

Perhaps somebody can start a confirmed & common bugs thread in General for a good collection of them.

Some more:

• I can't use a long complex password to connect to a WiFi-G AP, but a simple password works just fine.
  • Music controls return to notification shade sometimes after a reboot, box in Music app is still unchecked.

DenZj

Aug 21, 2008
I don't think I get the former, but certainly dodgy behaviour immediately after boot.

I have started getting the message count now when the stock screen flashes up. It seems to count all messages, read or otherwise.

Perhaps somebody can start a confirmed & common bugs thread in General for a good collection of them.

Some more:

• Music controls return to notification shade sometimes after a reboot, box in Music app is still unchecked.

No problems with the above and lock screen, I'm using Launcher pro and Pattern lock.

These are bugs i'm experiencing:
  • [Not realy a bug but a LG feature]Multiple exchange accounts disabled in LGemail app. Resolved by using the Android mail client and freezing LGemail (thanks for that :D).
  • Camera brightness not listening to "auto" brightness, but uses the manual settings. Maybe it`s just me, but can somebody check the brightness of the camera app after setting the brightness to minimal and then check "Auto".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well this one isn't so difficult but I though I'd share for those that have not worked it out yet.

The LG Device Test "HiddenMenu" is apparently on all shipping phones and it's simply disabled via removing the menu entry.

To activate you need to create a shortcut to this hidden menu. You can do this with most replacement launchers and apps like BetterCut.

Example using LauncherPro (others will use a similar method):
    1. Long press on home screen
    2. Select Shortcuts
    3. Select Activities
    4. Scroll down to and expand com.lge.hiddenmenu
    5. Select HiddenMenu (first entry)
    6. Enter Shortcut name
    7. Click on shortcut to launch
    8. Hit 'Thanks' below

Also now Logcat app:
    1. As above
    2. Scroll down to and expand LG Debug
    3. Select LG Debug (first entry)
    4. Enter Shortcut name
    5. Click on shortcut to launch
    6. Hit 'Thanks' below

Enjoy the vast amount of options and tests in there, and be careful as some are destructive.

Perhaps Useful:
    • Dim Capacitive Buttons: Device Test | Touch LED Brightness
    • Turn on Camera LED: Device Test | Camera Test | Torch Flashlight Preview

Thanx!

I don't see com.lge.hiddenmenu in my list I'm using AWD
    Yeah got it to work.
    What option did you dimme the buttons??

Device Test | Touch LED Brightness - all the way at the bottom.

Does not withstand a reboot.
    According to Service Manual - Hidden Menu can be launched by USSD code: 277634#*#

This work not for me but with this i came into Hidden Menu: 1809#*990#
    But notice, that work not in all Roms. In Stock and Fear 8.1 it work.