Note 3 freezing and reporting Low Disk Space when I have a lot open

Search This thread

dpoverlord

Oct 14, 2013
I am having a serious issue.

On ES Explorer it shows:
I have a 64GB memory card in the phone and it has 18GB free
Internally of the 32GB I have 11GB free.

However, when I go to the Storage option it shows that I only have 1.25GB free on my internal card. This number goes to 200mb when Google Drive is installed:

Applicatiuons-2.71gb
Picutres,videos 424mb

Why is there such a massive discrepancy? Anyone have any idea how I can fix this? When I open Miscellaneous files it says System Memory 28GB then Whatsapp 749MB and Canon CW 650MB. Ok lets say I delete that but where is the other 28GB? See Misc files below. It has to be reading incorrectly in someway since my file apps show a lot more data free.

Google Drive shows 832mb used - in the app it says max cache size 50mb. All I can think is that I uploaded a 800mb video file to my drive from my phone and now its downloading this. I deleted the cache but when I start the drive back up it goes back to 800mb

Last edited:

dpoverlord

Oct 14, 2013
found a .pictures folder but it had 1GB. After deleting available data stays the same.

I am really at a loss here, ES file explorer states I have 11GB free anyone?

How in the world is Miscellaneous files using 28GB!?!? Come on, its obviously being read incorrectly and causing me issues

Last edited:

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I am having a serious issue.

On ES Explorer it shows:
I have a 64GB memory card in the phone and it has 18GB free
Internally of the 32GB I have 11GB free.

However, when I go to the Storage option it shows that I only have 1.25GB free on my internal card. This number goes to 200mb when Google Drive is installed:

What ROM are you on?

It seems that you have 30GB of "Misc files" - if you click on those you should get more details.

Also in the future make an effort and post in Q/A stuff that is exclusively about your problems.

dpoverlord

Oct 14, 2013
What ROM are you on?

It seems that you have 30GB of "Misc files" - if you click on those you should get more details.

Also in the future make an effort and post in Q/A stuff that is exclusively about your problems.

Ok,

When I click Misc files it just shows System Memory 28.1GB, System Storage has to be reading this incorrectly somehow

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Ok,

When I click Misc files it just shows System Memory 28.1GB, System Storage has to be reading this incorrectly somehow

What ROM? On my MJ7 (EU) when I click on Misc. files it shows a (very long) list by file extension / app.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

I forgot to ask - do you have Safestrap on it?

Reactions: dpoverlord

dpoverlord

Oct 14, 2013
What ROM? On my MJ7 (EU) when I click on Misc. files it shows a (very long) list by file extension / app.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Downloaded the analyzer app:
It shows everything basically free I can't figure this out, the only thing I can thing of is look at my 2 system partitions /system /data but those have a lot free too.

Phone is using Jelly Beans custom rom v5
Android Base 4.3
Baseband is: N900VVRUBMJE

Safestrap is on, how would I move the rom to the stock slot? Someone mentioned that if its not this is the cause of the issue... Doesn't make sense but is there a way to move it?

Last edited:

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Phone is using Jelly Beans custom rom v5
Android Base 4.3
Baseband is: N900VVRUBMJE

Safestrap is on, how would I move the rom to the stock slot? Someone mentioned that if its not this is the cause of the issue... Doesn't make sense but is there a way to move it?

Maybe it is a good idea to ask in the Safestrap thread? And generally to ask in

http://xdaforums.com/verizon-galaxy-note-3

instead of here, where is the international Note 3 forum? You know, SLIGHTLY different phones/partitions/bootloaders/software and so on :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok,